Sponsored

Is the 12" screen really an upgrade we all want?

jimmyd21

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Ford Falcon Sprint
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am getting the Mid package on a BD, so to get this I would have to go up to a BL's and the price would jump $6500, uh.... no thanks!
I am moving to the BD (for various reasons) - I noticed while building it that there is a option to move up to the 12" screen in the Mid package on a BD...or am I missing something? I've seen a number of threads discuss the 12" is only available on OB and up

Ford Bronco Is the 12" screen really an upgrade we all want? 1617910524849
Sponsored

jay-rod427

Badlands
First Name
Jerod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Carbonized gray 2 dr BadLands Sans-Squatch ordered
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am moving to the BD (for various reasons) - I noticed while building it that there is a option to move up to the 12" screen in the Mid package on a BD...or am I missing something? I've seen a number of threads discuss the 12" is only available on OB and up

That pic is wrong. The 12" is only on high or lux package, which isn't available until OB and up.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I’m going from no screen to 12”. Don’t need the 12” / really want the trail cams. I am worried about how distracting it will be at night since half the rental cars with screens I’ve driven are not easy to dim the screen.

(I am a dim your Instruments all the way down for night vision type. It’s a Navy/boating thing.)

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
So you think the 12" looks abnormally large in the Bronco cabin? I hadn't considered that although it took me a while to get used to the 6.3" screen of my new phone.
I think the 12" makes for a more high-tech and high-end look with less bezel around it. Useful? Who knows. But I think it fits nicely in the cockpit and gives the interior a modern look. Think of when you go to a friend's house and see their new edge-to-edge flat screen.

sanford

Black Diamond
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Subaru Crosstrek, BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No. I've seen it in person, and it is too big and doesn't add ANY functionality.

ATLColonial

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The pictures are confusing: you're not getting the 12" screen for the additional price, you're getting the built-in navigation.

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m going from no screen to 12”. Don’t need the 12” / really want the trail cams. I am worried about how distracting it will be at night since half the rental cars with screens I’ve driven are not easy to dim the screen.

(I am a dim your Instruments all the way down for night vision type. It’s a Navy/boating thing.)
There's a dark mode and I remember seeing in some videos is that there is a button that easily turns off the screen.

Sponsored

jay-rod427

Badlands
First Name
Jerod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Carbonized gray 2 dr BadLands Sans-Squatch ordered
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm fine with the smaller screen, I just want the trail cams. I'm mid package now, but will prob end up lux by the time I get scheduled....

jimmyd21

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Ford Falcon Sprint
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The pictures are confusing: you're not getting the 12" screen for the additional price, you're getting the built-in navigation.

It looks like the nav is included with Mid package. To add to the confusion, here is what is shown when clicking the info icon under radio type section:

Ford Bronco Is the 12" screen really an upgrade we all want? 1617917869394

:EDIT:

I just noticed Navigation vs Built-In Navigation. $695 for built-in? Seems like it is for the 12" upgrade too.

Last edited:

JIMBAD1

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 4Runner V8, 67 Dodge R/T, 71 Honda 750 K1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My BL build was set in stone, I was very happy with the 8" screen. Then I got lucky to get a ride along in Moab, which now cost me $1295 more. The 12" screen with the front camera is amazing and worth every dollar to me now, plus you get additional items with the "HIGH" pkg. This situation sold me on the upgrade.
Ford Bronco Is the 12" screen really an upgrade we all want? IMG_0261.PNG
Ford Bronco Is the 12" screen really an upgrade we all want? IMG_0263.PNG

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For crawling the mall? Yeah, 8in is enough. For blasting around the rocks and hills? The 12in is like a window to a new universe called "Hey, what's in front of my bumper?"

BroncoBC

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be a Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m opting for it because of the cameras. I think it’ll be easier to see when compared to a smaller screen.
Sponsored