First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
One of my main considerations for the bronco is a good AWD setup. I’d really like to get the manual. Idea being a trans that can take a tuned 2.7. But I’m wondering if I’d lose the AL(think that’s it) intelligent AWD setup that comes with the auto trans.

halp
Sponsored

JakeC

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
michiganbroncos.club
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe the transmission choice and the automatic 4 wheel transfer case are separate. My 2.3L Manual Badlands has the 4A option.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a reminder, the 7MT is not available with the 2.7.

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The Advanced transfer case is available with the Black Diamond (optional) or the Badlands (standard) with the manual transmission.

As previously stated, the manual is only, and only ever will be, paired with the 2.3L.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

One of my main considerations for the bronco is a good AWD setup. I’d really like to get the manual. Idea being a trans that can take a tuned 2.7. But I’m wondering if I’d lose the AL(think that’s it) intelligent AWD setup that comes with the auto trans.

halp
I drove a manual Badlands last week, my dealer's Mule, and I didn't find it as fun as I remembered the truck manuals of my youth and early adulthood to be. That is, 1960's and 1970's VWs, IH Scout 3spd, and 3on column '57 chevy. And a F350 stake truck. I enjoyed them. Granted, I'm out of practice, but I found the wheel-well at the Bronco clutch/brake/gas crowded and cramped, hard to get my 13D Sneakers around, and a 6sp manual is a short throw from gear to gear, more like a TR6 or Porsche i once drove.

Maybe at age 69 I've lost my touch. I guess It depends what you've been driving. I guess I'd say, Make sure you test drive a manual before you buy, it shifts more like a sports car than a truck, IMO. You may LOVE it, but test it!

Sponsored

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

it shifts more like a sports car than a truck
haven't not driven a manual bronco, this is one of the things from reviews i'm kind of counting on. short throw is the truth. not sure why anyone likes a long throw tbh.

OP
OP
Bronc-itis

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
As a reminder, the 7MT is not available with the 2.7.
I heard that the 2.7 and manual combo was going to be available for MY22 ? Did that change?

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I heard that the 2.7 and manual combo was going to be available for MY22 ? Did that change?
I think people are conflating mansquatch availability to 2.7/7MT availability.

IMO it's never going to happen. There's a higher chance the manual is dropped altogether.

Reactions: RG7

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Never the case. A lot of people here heard “manual Sasquatch” and equated that with “2.7L manual Sasquatch), because most are optioning Sq with the 2.7. Mandela Effect.

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

with the high take rate (25%) for manual, and that being BEFORE the man-squatch was even available. I'd be surprised if they don't increase its availability. Obviously Ford has manuals that can handle much more power already. Since 2021 forced me to get an automatic with Sasquatch, I look forward to my 2024/25 model and hope for a manual with a v-6 or v-8 option.

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't think a 2.7L w/MT will be offered for 2022, but there's a chance that it could be for 2023 (I HOPE & Available in the 2D!!!!!), as that's the only thing that's got me holding onto my money.

@Ford Motor Company , you know that you Should Have offered this Day One, but you also knew that you couldn't build enough to cover reservations......
Sponsored