Sponsored

Is the Black Modular Roof worth it on a 2-door? $1,900?? (Already has hard top)

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

...That's disappointing. Is that true for all 4 door configurations? I take it these pre-production models have once again gotten my hopes up for nothing?
C4EC5705-FAC8-4ED5-9A6A-32C33DE2FD05.jpeg
1F760EAE-5AD4-49AC-8468-52F3F5CE8E9F.jpeg
Again, all tops come completely off, just like in those pictures.
Sponsored

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Maybe the modular roof cost less on the 2 door with there being less parts and not removable windows.

BroncOBX

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.polaris-intel.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150 FX4; Mavic 2 Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Answered right after the post you quoted. Yes, all tops have removable panels.
Yeah saw that...and the cluebird just pooped on my head. I was caught up on "modular" which I just realized is a 4-door option only. As a 2-door guy its N/A for me. Pound long and hard enough it will eventually seep into my beer-soaked brain.

Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah saw that...and the cluebird just pooped on my head. I was caught up on "modular" which I just realized is a 4-door option only. As a 2-door guy its N/A for me. Pound long and hard enough it will eventually seep into my brain.
Modular tops are available for the 2-door and 4-door, but the configurations are different.

Standard 2-door top has 2 removable panels, over the front seats. Modular 2-door top has those same removable panels, plus an additional panel over the rear seats.

BroncOBX

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.polaris-intel.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150 FX4; Mavic 2 Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Modular tops are available for the 2-door and 4-door, but the configurations are different.

Standard 2-door top has 2 removable panels, over the front seats. Modular 2-door top has those same removable panels, plus an additional panel over the rear seats.
The gunner portal? I just looked at the Ford page for the BD and I don't see a modular option for the 2DR. Am I missin' something?

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The gunner portal? I just looked at the Ford page for the BD and I don't see a modular option for the 2DR. Am I missin' something?
The gunner portal is only on the 2-door modular top, yes.

We're not sure yet which tops are available on which trims, but the pricing survey seemed to indicate that you can get a modular top on the BD.

Major_Bullsteak

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy ZR2 Bison, JK Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If the final price is $1,900, they should at least black out the grille to match.
They will. And the mirrors too according to the trim detail page. Of course it is all subject to change.

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm specifically asking about the rear window on the tail gate/swing door
That window does not get removed SEPARATELY from the top, but gets removed WITH the top when you take the top off. Does that make sense?

The modular bit others are concerned about has to do with removing the back side windows from the top but keeping the top on. The actual back glass is not designed to be removed.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
With a $1900 upcharge, I'm thinking the Black painted top might come with a Hardtop Headliner like the Wrangler. I have it on my Rubicon and it definitely helps on reducing road noise.
iris.jpeg
If Ford does it like Jeep, the sound deadening is optional, about $500 for Jeep.

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The hatch window is part of the top, not part of the swing gate. The tops are completely removable.
That window does not get removed SEPARATELY from the top, but gets removed WITH the top when you take the top off. Does that make sense?

The modular bit others are concerned about has to do with removing the back side windows from the top but keeping the top on. The actual back glass is not designed to be removed.
Ahhhh I get it now. That's great to hear. Thanks both of you for clearing that up! Like I said earlier, I'm a bit slow sometimes ?

Deleted member 3063

D

Do you own/run a shop? Do you paint?
I worked at a Ford assembly plant for 22yrs, another brand for 12yrs. Including 5 new model launches with Ford and 3 with brand X.
And yes I have painted cars, so what? That has absolutely nothing to do with mass producing automotive parts. I also reload ammunition but it would be foolish to relate that experience to Remington or Winchester and call myself an expert in that field.
Sponsored