Sponsored

Is the Black Modular Roof worth it on a 2-door? $1,900?? (Already has hard top)

OP
OP
Gpscharron

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the feedback and informative information. Very helpful. Based on some of the comments and recommendations, this is what I am thinking of doing:

Badlands 2-door with Cyber Orange and Grey hard top (NO Black Modular Roof). I think the gray could look fine since the grille is also gray.
I rather spend the money on 2.7 auto, med. pac., and leather seats. I estimate that it will be just under $50,000 which is what I am looking for. I can always upgrade the roof later. I feel like their will be a market for roofs. Regardless, looking forward building in October.. Thanks again!!
Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the feedback and informative information. Very helpful. Based on some of the comments and recommendations, this is what I am thinking of doing:

Badlands 2-door with Cyber Orange and Grey hard top (NO Black Modular Roof). I think the gray could look fine since the grille is also gray.
I rather spend the money on 2.7 auto, med. pac., and leather seats. I estimate that it will be just under $50,000 which is what I am looking for. I can always upgrade the roof later. I feel like their will be a market for roofs. Regardless, looking forward building in October.. Thanks again!!
Why leather seats?

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I worked at a Ford assembly plant for 22yrs, another brand for 12yrs. Including 5 new model launches with Ford and 3 with brand X.
And yes I have painted cars, so what? That has absolutely nothing to do with mass producing automotive parts. I also reload ammunition but it would be foolish to relate that experience to Remington or Winchester and call myself an expert in that field.
I wasn’t talking about mass production today of which I am fully aware and experienced in as well. For 27 years now in industrial coatings. Restore and custom paint cars and trucks as a side hobby, for 20 years now at least.
Quite simply you can paint a hardtop with automotive urethane paints and it does not have to be baked. 100% fact.
The two have nothing to do with one another.
Whether you agree or not Doesn’t change it nor does it affect me, so thanks for your input, kind sir.

deejaybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I do not know if anyone else thinks that $1,900 is a lot of money for changing out one hard roof for another. In addition, I learned that the Black Modular Roof back window does not come off like the 4-door roof. I do like the black look over gray, but is that worth the money?

In addition, if you are planning on staying with the gray, what color looks best with it? I say Cyber Orange..

What do you guys think?
I'm just going to Plasti-Dip mine if I don't like the gray.

OP
OP
Gpscharron

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why leather seats?
WOW. You caught that. Lol. I know, I should stay with the vinyl. However, I just love leather seats and I do not plan to go muddying and get the seats wet often. Still might opt for vinyl. What do you think?

Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

WOW. You caught that. Lol. I know, I should stay with the vinyl. However, I just love leather seats and I do not plan to go muddying and get the seats wet often. Still might opt for vinyl. What do you think?
Vinyl seats with the rubberized floor is a selling point for me. I'm probably going Badlands instead of FE because of it. That's why it caught my eye lol

FWIW my last vehicle with vinyl seats was a Jeep over 16 years ago. All my other cars, before and after that Jeep, have been leather.

OP
OP
Gpscharron

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Vinyl seats with the rubberized floor is a selling point for me. I'm probably going Badlands instead of FE because of it. That's why it caught my eye lol
Makes sense to me. Do you think the quality of the Marine vinyl will be nice? Do you know of any other car, truck or ford vehicle that has them already? Jeeps?

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Makes sense to me. Do you think the quality of the Marine vinyl will be nice? Do you know of any other car, truck or ford vehicle that has them already? Jeeps?
I expanded my reply above. I was probably typing as you were heh

Never had a vehicle with marine vinyl, just regular vinyl. I'm not aware of marine-grade vinyl being on any other car or truck. A lot of cars do come with synthetic seats though, with various brand names. And a good portion of any leather car seat is vinyl.

Boat seats are pretty nice these days :)

Unfortunately, we most likely won't get to sit in these things before we order

Russ1Bronco

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
I debate this all the time. I plan on getting the squatch BD 2 door in cyber orange. I really don’t care for the grey HT but I would need to jump up to the BL to get the painted black HT. I’m not sure I want to do this but man I like the looks of the cyber orange with the black top
...I'm thinking for 1900 dollars,I could take that top to a good body shop,and get the top painted any color I want for maybe half that price...yes..no..??

Curly

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04' Jeep Liberty, 79' Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Base
If the white top is eventually offered as a painted modular top, does anyone know if it is painted on metal or if it will be a different type surface? My concern is if a white top is offered but is on a non metal surface it might fade or yellow over time. thoughts?
There should be no concern whatsoever as to the paint discoloring or fading because it may be something other than metal. Think Corvette

Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

...I'm thinking for 1900 dollars,I could take that top to a good body shop,and get the top painted any color I want for maybe half that price...yes..no..??
Definitely. If they charge more, it’s a ripoff.
I can do hot rod black matte urethane for less than half that. Even cheaper on a 2 door top.
Don’t let shops gouge You guys on prices. The labor and materials aren’t insane on stuff like this.

JOMONJOE

Badlands
First Name
JOE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would have been pleasantly surprised if Ford could offer 4 top options, out if the starting gate.
Parts complexity for a first year model was probably getting out of control.

The Canuck's website is the bottom priority. ( sorry America's attic )
But you can't get a modular and soft top combo on the badlands ? Doesn't make sense?