Sponsored

Is the Bronco getting a Power Retractable Soft Top?

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
We honestly don’t know how the soft top works. Some people on the blue oval forums have implied its basically mind blowing but we will have to wait and see.

Cooknn

Badlands
First Name
David Cook
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m all about “mind blowing” :oops: Prior to this thread I had not even considered a soft top. Eager to see what Ford has up their sleeve here.

Hope I can get one in white!

Last edited:

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I kinda hope not unless it is very slick and way more compact than any top mechanism ive ever seen. Too me its just more weight. I like the soft top mainly for the weight reduction.

Covfefe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looks like we will have to get in contact with MyTop to make one for the Bronco as well. Nobody wants to get out and remove windows just to put down their soft top like a peasant. If you can afford a 50k convertible truck, you can afford a 3.5k powered soft top option and for all those bitching about how it will be heavier and what not, nobody is forcing your negative nancy ass to buy one @MaverickMan

Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m all about “mind blowing” :oops: Prior to this thread I had not even considered a soft top. Eager to see what Ford has up their sleeve here.

Hope I can get one in white!
I’m with you. I can’t stand the way soft tops look when they’re rolled up. And those nasty looking plastic “windows” ??

if it blows our minds i may check the box

Cooknn

Badlands
First Name
David Cook
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I kinda hope not unless it is very slick and way more compact than any top mechanism ive ever seen. Too me its just more weight. I like the soft top mainly for the weight reduction.
“Very Slick” is expected when I hear “Mind Blowing”. Glad I have something that I don’t know for Monday ;)

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Looks like we will have to get in contact with MyTop to make one for the Bronco as well. Nobody wants to get out and remove windows just to put down their soft top like a peasant. If you can afford a 50k convertible truck, you can afford a 3.5k powered soft top option and for all those bitching about how it will be heavier and what not, nobody is forcing your negative nancy ass to buy one @MaverickMan
I can only afford a 40k bronco lol. But really I meant I hope its not standard. Unless ofcourse its very slick, like butter on a slice of greased lightning. Anything is possible. Also if a power top doesnt require you to take off windows then a manual one doesnt have to either. This aint a wrangler. But i would like the option to take my windows off and just have the top up because Im a ginger but I still like to party.

Covfefe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
Your Bronco Model
Base
I can only afford a 40k bronco lol. But really I meant I hope its not standard. Unless ofcourse its very slick, like butter on a slice of greased lightning. Anything is possible. Also if a power top doesnt require you to take off windows then a manual one doesnt have to either. This aint a wrangler. But i would like the option to take my windows off and just have the top up because Im a ginger but I still like to party.
Just roll down your windows ginger. Freedom ain't the same with just rear quarter panels off.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
if I remember right ford did file a patent for many different style of roofs.
Retractable rat top like a fiat 500.
So anything is possible and I know it’s a popular aftermarket option for Jeep.
If not available from ford directly. It may be a dealer option or official 3rd party option

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just roll down your windows ginger. Freedom ain't the same with just rear quarter panels off.
Its one option. I've been know to just drive around with one door off because whatever. I like to be able to do it all kinds of ways and I dont mind taking the time to put a top up. I used to have to stretch a cj5 top in the sun during the winter time to put it back on after snow wheeling topless in december. That thing had about 50 snaps I had to pull the top down to one at a time. Anything that takes under 5 minutes is no sweat to me. Also I know that over time plastic window turn to crap from folding. And the windows on the jeep fold diagonally across the middle. They wont be clear ten years from now.

Shane

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser and 2001 F250 SD 4WD 7.3l
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice to have options for all. Whatever Ford doesn’t have, the aftermarket will develop, if there’s a demand.

“Nature abhors a vacuum.” - Spock

OP
OP
LuckyDevil

LuckyDevil

Wildtrak
First Name
Lucky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Twin Turbo Black Label MKX, Harley Davidson StreetBob
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don't need princess options.
I wouldn’t call it a “Princess” Option, but a Power retractable top with a functional sunroof position wouldn’t be too far fetched.
Ford Bronco Is the Bronco getting a Power Retractable Soft Top? 1594568955121
Sponsored