Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester, Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was planning to pick up my Bronco this weekend but on Friday the dealer waived me off b/c the turn signals failed their inspection b/c the module is faulty. So, right outta the gate, I have a repair. Am I getting the warranty? You bet.

I’ve not bought the warranty on any of the Mazdas I’ve owned but they were fairly low tech, inexpensive, cars and were rock solid dependable. I used an extended warranty on a Volvo I owned where the repair was double the cost of the warranty and on a Toyota truck, just outside of the original warranty and no extended warranty, it needed an engine repair that was $2700 out of pocket in 2001. That was a bad day. To me these Broncos are super complex machines monitored by a series of computers. Just look under the hood or check out a vid of a Bronco oil change, nothing looks simple. To me, Its just part of the cost of ownership, such as regular maintenance or insurance.

Fyi, Here’s a good thread breaking down the various plans by value

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...plan-analysis-cost-per-mile-comparison.69132/
Sponsored

EVH1994

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m debating the same thing. It seems that it would make sense to buy it when the factory warranty is nearly expired. Has anyone done the math on this vs. buying it when the Bronco is brand new?

One way you get it a bit cheaper when you buy the vehicle, but you are double covered. The other way you are not double covered but are probably spending more money on the warranty.

Heckler

Wildtrak
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
With all the electronics and advanced sensors and systems in these new trucks it’s something to consider, I’ve dumped a couple grand in the urinals in Las Vegas over a few days, an extended warranty seems like a better way to throw away money in the event you never use it to me and I do work on my own vehicles but as I am older now I prefer to wrench on things for enjoyment (upgrades) rather than spending hours trying to figure out the issues that need to be fixed, it’s worth the money to me.

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am having a significant failure once a year, my extended warranty should start paying out in less than 2 years at this rate.

Power distribution block 2022.
Fuel pump and module 2023.

Sponsored

GroovyGhost

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Granger is selling Ford ESP coverage for $50 over cost. That's the real Ford extended warranty. It's supposed to be good at any Ford dealer. I used my 42K Ford pass points towards it. 8 years/125k miles with headlight and key replacement was like $2300. It's insurance, and I may not need it, but headlights alone look like their $500. There's just so many electronics in this thing.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ded-warranty-50-over-cost-granger-ford.37719/

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’ve had my 2021 Lux OuterBanks 2.7 for almost 2 years and just bought a premium care warranty from Ford. Even if I decide to sell, it’s transferable so the next owner can have the confidence of a warranty.

Last edited:

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I normally take into considerationt he longevity of the other vehicles on the road of the same type. If you bought a Tundra in say 16-20 you probably didn't need to think about an extended warranty. There was plenty of data out there to support the long term life and reliability of the vehicle with just basic maintenance.

The problem is the Bronco 6G is so new and with very few exceptions not many are over 36k, let alone 50 or even 75k. We don't know the longevity of the vehicle. Sure the engine has been in use in other verhicles, but never used the same way that Bronco owners are using theirs.

So with all the unknowns and lack of data on the Bronco, buying into the extended warranty may not be a bad thing. YMMV

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I waited 2 years for my Bronco to arrive. During that time I was on this forum, reading some of the issues that current owners were experiencing. Plus this being a "version 1" of a new model. That was enough to make me decide on getting the extended warranty. Granger had/has the $50 over cost so it was a no brainer. My Bronco is experiencing the scraping manual transmission noise, so it's nice to know I have the warranty. I plan on this being my last vehicle, drive it 'til the wheels fall off.

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I do not know if it has been mentioned yet but if you trade in the vehicle the remaining balance of the extended warranty gets paid back out to you.

I got the extended warranty because I got it at cost with D plan but I would probably go ahead and get it even without the discount through Grainger as others have mentioned.

Sponsored

Some Gamer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I only drive 3-5000 miles a year, so it's not worth it to me. If I've got things breaking within the first 50,000 miles, I'd replace with a beefed up aftermarket version rather than replace with another factory part that's already proven unreliable. I tend to look at failing car parts as an upgrade opportunity.

Texasliam

Badlands
First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you plan on keeping the Bronco as a daily driver over 10+ years, is an extended warranty worth it?

I expect my Badlands, Sas, Lux Bronco at the end of the month. The last new vehicle I bought was a Honda Odyssey and drove it for 16 years to 275k when the transmission blew. I did not buy an extended warranty. I do maintain my vehicles. I have never had vehicle this nice nor have I ever spent this much on a vehicle.
Well. Are you going to pay for that in financing and pay interest on it for years before you even need it?

Mdozier

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 F250, 23 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Faced with this when we got the wife her Explorer Platinum, I decided to drive it a year or so and think about it.
Having done that, with all the integrated accessories and fancy massaging-heating-cooling-camera/aided-driving-etc bits I am going to add the extended. There's just soooo many components that I'd rather not worry about, and I know I can't fix.

Our Lux versions, to me, have somewhat the same concern. Difference here however is I'm more likely to modify this vehicle. I really don't know what different modifications may do to warranty issues. I intend to do a good bit of research to find out. In the mean time I will hold on adding the extended for a year or so just like we did on her Explorer. I'd rather be sure I'm not jeopardizing warranty and wasting money.

If that makes sense.

ecasazza

Black Diamond
First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pilot, Avalon, Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a 2023 2.3 BD only 3000 miles.
I only do lite off road, Sand, snow trails. Probably only do less than 10,000 a year.
What extended warrantee do you recommend?

Everett

Taltyman

Raptor
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler Rubicon, Ford F350, Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

1st Jeep (a 2000) - 100k+ miles nothing ever broke
2nd Jeep (2016 Rubi), bought Mopar lifetime warranty Have to take it to a Mopar service for work. Here is the sequence of issues. Began at 60k miles, current mileage 170k.

oil cooler leak, replaced​
running rough, replaced cam shafts and valves​
oil cooler leak (again) but this time oil mixed with water and antifreeze, new long block engine, radiator, all hoses.​
clunking in 4wd, replaced driveshaft​
Running hot, the engine they put in had head machining issues, another long block installed.​
Leaking transmission fluid, repaired transmission.​
$100 deductible for each visit. Warranty was $3k+.
I might add that I ran synthetic oil changed more frequently than needed.
Sponsored