Sponsored

Is the Lux package really worth $2,300? Or is High the way to go??

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am very excited about my future BL (2.7 auto, Tow, 35”and High Pac. C.G.)
Still find myself thinking about the lux package.. Is it worth it? I guess it comes down to personal interest...
Sponsored

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This will be my daily driver Wildtrak . . . and I travel 30 miles a day to work and have been spoiled by adaptive cruise on my Raptor and the wife's Mazda has it . . . so I will be going that way and including the package. And the other things it adds - better sound system and navigation - are nice adds also IMO.

Jackattack

Badlands
First Name
Jarmon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bullsh
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a long talk with my pops on this because I had the same issue in decision. Im sure if you broke the numbers down it would be close, wireless charger, built in nav, heated steering wheel, universal garage door openers, evasive steering, the extra speakers and speaker upgrade, adaptive cruise. Pretty much what I got out of it is that the safety features will save you with insurance, resale will be better because of desirability.
Food for thought!

bwomp91

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The three big wants in the Lux tier are adaptive cruise control (which I never cared about until I used it and really liked it), heated steering wheel (see prior reason), and then the sound system. If I'm going doors off, having decent sound is important to me.

But the other stuff? Don't really care. It's not cheap...but then I think it's $2300 financed over a few years, for a couple tangible benefits. So I'm still on the fence but may just do it.

Sponsored

Economisto

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mistubishi Montero, 2013 Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dollar wise it's a fair price for what you get, but it's up to you on if it has value or not. The main things you get are the upgraded sound system, adaptive cruise control, and heated steering wheel. Are those two things worth the money to you or not?

mneblett

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150, 2019 Mustang GT vert, 2019 Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agree about putting HomeLink in the Lux package -- it's so universal now, if should be available at a much lower level.

We're going Lux. Our 2018 and 2019 Fords have these features, and as they say, "luxury, once tasted, becomes a necessity."

Norville

Black Diamond
First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 BMW 325i, 2012 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you already planned on BL, then I see why not. However, if you were doing BD ... then you need $8k after taxes for a comparable OB or $11k to step up to BL because the interior is so horrible on the OB.

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It's a horrible value, there is no question about that, and intentionally so. It's a list of all the options Ford knows people are willing to overpay for. Whether it's worth it to you or not is a personal choice of course.

Sponsored

Jackattack

Badlands
First Name
Jarmon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bullsh
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The three big wants in the Lux tier are adaptive cruise control (which I never cared about until I used it and really liked it), heated steering wheel (see prior reason), and then the sound system. If I'm going doors off, having decent sound is important to me.

But the other stuff? Don't really care. It's not cheap...but then I think it's $2300 financed over a few years, for a couple tangible benefits. So I'm still on the fence but may just do it.
Did you use the ford adaptive cruise control? I have heard bad things about adaptive cruise making adjustments to cars in other lanes. (Not a huge deal) this was NOT on a a ford though. What was your experience like with it if it was on a ford?

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm torn on this as well. Overall I think it's probably not worth it, but may end up getting it regardless because wifey wants a heated steering wheel lol.

If I go BL I won't be adding the Squatch, so I may just spend the difference of the creature comforts if the Lux package.

emerald86

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, 21 Badlands Bronco, 23 Braptor INBOUND
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would write down what you value each option at and see if they all add up to $2,300.

For me I do value roughly at this:
$1,200 for adaptive cruise/evasive steering
$700 for the upgraded sound
$200 heated steering wheel
$100 for the charging pad
$100 for smart ports
I dont see the difference in nav systems and same description as high. I dont care about garage door.

Last edited:

bwomp91

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you use the ford adaptive cruise control? I have heard bad things about adaptive cruise making adjustments to cars in other lanes. (Not a huge deal) this was NOT on a a ford though. What was your experience like with it if it was on a ford?
I haven't had an issue with it reacting to other lanes, with one exception. If I'm in the far left lane and someone moves from the right lane to the middle lane, I think the vehicle takes the precaution that they may continue moving across lanes into yours and it has slowed me down one or two times. I don't hate this feature, because honestly sometimes people DO cruise across two lanes of traffic to be right in front of me.

But from a normal "I'm in my lane and they are in their lane next to me" perspective, no, I haven't had any issues at all. I really do like the system.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Completely worth it if you want what it comes with ;)
Sponsored