Sponsored

Is the Lux package really worth $2,300? Or is High the way to go??

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

it is to me, I want the top stereo and heated steering wheel (though that should be part of some winter package IMO), ACC and most of the other electronic things offered now and I know I'd hate myself for not going Lux.
Maybe you can upgrade stereos, but I'm not a fan of having my car torn apart to just do that by some guy. Plus I'd expect integration problems, everything is so connected in modern cars, is there even a "stereo" unit behind the dash somewhere that you can switch out? And what 3rd party will tie into all that computerized stuff? Not worth the headache and I'd probably end up spending more anyways if it where an option down the road. I want to be done with this and enjoy the ride.

I just sent my B&P to my dealer today so they can enter the order Dec 7th. This rig is already crazy expensive, in the long run an other grand or two make little difference, I plan and hope to own this thing for a long time, my current ride will be 18 years old by the time I take delivery.

But really comes down to personal preferences, some here never turn the radio on, some only listen to talk radio, I want that subwoofer woofing behind me :)
Sponsored

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Reading the replies I have determined that LUX is not worth it. Reading all the replies I have determined it absolutely is worth it.

I am going 2 dr BL. I am going LUX. Here is my thinking: MGV means I don't really need it trimmed in leather so approximately $2200 in savings. With the BL it is basically a squatch without the larger tires and I like the look of the 33" tires. Squatch costs $2500. So not caring about leather and squatch is $4700. I was at least going mid at $1500. Lux - Mid is about $3600. My point is I'm trading squatch and leather for Lux plus $1100.

I can upgrade tires and wheels, suspension and interior. What I can't do easily is all the electronics.

steverollin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Badlands, BMW X7, LX 570, TRX on order
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good luck with the audio upgrade. Sync 4 is a very complicated system and upgrading that could effect other electronics to include your heat/cooling/fan/screen/apps/etc. Lots of people have created problems with the upgrades. I'm playing it safe and not messing with it.
I haven’t done too much research on this but it’s not like we’re talking about a Ferrari. I suspect my stereo guy can figure it out. But I will go read up.

NotoriousBDP

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 WL74 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Reading the replies I have determined that LUX is not worth it. Reading all the replies I have determined it absolutely is worth it.

I am going 2 dr BL. I am going LUX. Here is my thinking: MGV means I don't really need it trimmed in leather so approximately $2200 in savings. With the BL it is basically a squatch without the larger tires and I like the look of the 33" tires. Squatch costs $2500. So not caring about leather and squatch is $4700. I was at least going mid at $1500. Lux - Mid is about $3600. My point is I'm trading squatch and leather for Lux plus $1100.

I can upgrade tires and wheels, suspension and interior. What I can't do easily is all the electronics.
Somewhat similar to my thinking as well. In my case, however, I neither intended to option Sasquatch, nor leather, in my 4-door Badlands, so I can’t honestly say I’m trading those “savings” in favor of the Lux, though I’m definitely getting Lux. My justification, if you will, is that I plan to own my Badlands for a very, very long time, and I’ve grown accustomed to AAC, a heated steering wheel and factory upgraded audio systems. In justifying things financially, I’ve recently ceased buying watches (I’m a longtime watch addict and I spend thousands on watches with nary an afterthought, admittedly a pathetic practice on my part.), and I even plan to sell off most of my watch collection, with some of those expected proceeds earmarked for my growing Bronco fund.

Parkerreed

Outer Banks
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Infinity QX 50
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Im more of a tech geek then an off rode one. That and I use my phone a LOT while driving (work) so the small treats though out the day would def make the extra money worth it.

Sponsored

maxmxa

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am very excited about my future BL (2.7 auto, Tow, 35”and High Pac. C.G.)
Still find myself thinking about the lux package.. Is it worth it? I guess it comes down to personal interest...
I think it's more worth it than the leather trimmed vinyl seats for $2195. At least you get extra functionality and better tech and convenience features with it. These would be very expensive or not possible to add later.

Chuckster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a long talk with my pops on this because I had the same issue in decision. Im sure if you broke the numbers down it would be close, wireless charger, built in nav, heated steering wheel, universal garage door openers, evasive steering, the extra speakers and speaker upgrade, adaptive cruise. Pretty much what I got out of it is that the safety features will save you with insurance, resale will be better because of desirability.
Food for thought!
Going with the Lux for safety features as this will eventually get handed down to my sons when they get their license.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can't you use Waze (apple carplay or Android auto) and skip all this Navigation software that will be outdated in few years? I never owned a Ford and not familiar with Sync.
Waze is an option for the nav portion of Sync. But there are pros and cons. Cell service could be an issue in some remote places. I'm convinced that the trail maps are going to have me going off-road much more, as I'm the type that is always curious about where some dirt road goes, but never take because I don't want to get stuck on some dead end.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think it's more worth it than the leather trimmed vinyl seats for $2195. At least you get extra functionality and better tech and convenience features with it. These would be very expensive or not possible to add later.
I've always optioned leather on every vehicle since the beginning, but this will be the first I don't, as I think the MGV will accomplish what I want and the leather upgrade is only partial anyway. Also, I wasn't a fan with how well it held up on our Escape at the seat bottom bolsters.

On the Outer Banks, I would have to go leather because I dislike cloth. But on Badlands, I don't, which puts the price of the two closer together, but I get more off-road capability in Badlands, and even if I never use its full potential, I'll probably take advantage of at least some of it.

Sponsored

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I usually keep my new vehicles for 10 years. I just ask myself if it is worth 230 per year for those extra items . For me- the answer is yes.
I'm with you . My King ranch is a 2008 so I'm going LUX . The Bronco BL will have some things standard which will be better than my 12 yr old KR has , like Sync 4 etc , but will be a downgrade in other areas . Getting LUX will close the gap some and hopefully I won't notice the little things I'll be losing .

KH_59

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Aside from the Lux versus High choice, I see your "avatar" pic has VB. What made you switch to CG?

I'm thinking about going to CG from IS, but I definitely don't care for CG.

Tyrober

Outer Banks
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think the high package for $1200 is the best value by far but don’t think the $2300 for lux is worth it at all but I really want the better sound and having the built in navigation is nice as well. I hardly ever use cruise control and will literally never use the heated steering wheel but the wireless charger, garage door open and extra USB ports are nice but not a big deal either way. I’m leaning towards getting it due to me being a. Audiophile but it’s not really worth it but why spend 58k on my wildtrak and not 60 and have everything I want?

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I think it’s worth it and If you can afford it go for it.
Sponsored