Sponsored

Is the new Bronco a "classless" vehicle?

High Proof

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And no, I don't mean that it has no class! :ROFLMAO:

One thing I love about my Jeep is that it doesn't tell anyone anything about you other than you probably have a somewhat adventurous spirit. You could be rich, poor, or anywhere in-between. But you know there is a good chance that you will get along well with another Jeep owner.

I think the new Bronco is going to be the same. You will have people who will save every penny to get one and you will have people could buy all of the First Editions in cash. It doesn't matter. I like that.

EDIT - To add a link to a Jalopnik article about classless cars and what it means. https://jalopnik.com/how-to-make-a-truly-classless-car-1698386582
Sponsored

Last edited:

qnet

Big Bend
First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2, Jeep Wrangler JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I agree with both sentiments so far. I think it can be and possibly will be a classless vehicle, but will take time after initial sales.

Lindy08

Outer Banks
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You're wrong about what Jeeps say about you, I've seen some pretty cringy Jeeps, and I judge the hell out of the owners. "Your" choice of stupid ass accessories say a lot about you...

Not necessarily on topic, but I figured relevant :)

EDIT: And I'm afraid to say, this Bronco will be about the same, based on the number of posts in some of the threads...

OP
OP
High Proof

High Proof

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You're wrong about what Jeeps say about you, I've seen some pretty cringy Jeeps, and I judge the hell out of the owners. "Your" choice of stupid ass accessories say a lot about you...

:ROFLMAO:

Ok, I'll give you that. I've seen some pretty ugly/obnoxious accessories on Jeeps that make me question the owner.

Sponsored

beachztt

Wildtrak
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Raptor- Tuxedo Black, 2017 Jeep JKU Rubicon Hard Rock- Built
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

EDIT: And I'm afraid to say, this Bronco will be about the same, based on the number of posts in some of the threads...

Ha, I went straight to a grumper grill, 22's and lo profile street tires. But I don't judge.... ;)

The_Phew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2.3L 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had a stripped BMW 320i (manual transmission w/ sport package and xenons, and that's about it) that cost less than a Honda CR-V to lease, but I got endless crap about that car ("Oooh, look at Mr. Fancy Pants and his BMW"-type stuff). A loaded Rubicon, or any of the top 3 trims of the F150 cost like twice as much, but those owners often fly under the radar. Except 'fanboys' of other makes that feel the need to denigrate another person's vehicle.

People are both stupid and insecure. Folks will give you compliments on your new Bronco, but also plenty of folks will crap on it. Eff em.

Last edited:

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Most jeeps I see tell me that the owner has no class. Or that their idea of adventure is hopping a curb in their kids drop off line at school to cut the line.

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hmmm, I had to think about this. Any mods I do on my cars are for function. I can give two sh*tz about what people think. Besides, it is about my family and my Jeep buddies on weekends. Yeah, I expect to get crap from them, but that is different...

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree with these sentiments a bit. Adventure isn't reserved to any one socioeconomic class, so for some it will be their only car, for others it may be a toy amongst many.

There will still be clear lines of delineation, so lets not confuse things. Even with a Jeep, I can tell by the quality of the mods whether a person is a true crawler (as well as scratches and dents). Can tell if someone has a $30K older Wrangler, or a $70K brand new Rubicon with upgrades.

Bronco will be no different. Sure, you'll see Badlands with Sasquatch, but when we see guys who've upgraded the base suspension for a TerraFex, Falcon, or ICON suspension and lift, you'll know they've spent some coin.

Bronco is IFS, so lets not forget it's going to cost a small fortune to lift it.

Thechief86

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Jeep XJ, 2008 Subaru Forester.
Your Bronco Model
Base
As delivered, the class system will be clear by which trim level and packages you have.
I'm lower middle class, and a new vehicle is a huge strain on my budget. My base model, 4 cylinder, manual bronco will be the tipoff that I can only barely afford the thing in the first place.
Anybody with an income lower than mine either can't afford a new $30k car, or they live with their parents.
I'd get the Squatch if it was available with a manual and cost less than $5k, but since neither of these are likely, my only extra box that will be checked will be a dealer installed trailer hitch.
I'm hoping to put down $7k and get out with a payment under $400/month.
The guys who will be paying $1k or more each month are obviously at a higher pay grade than myself, and thus a higher rank in the Bronco class system, lol.
All this said, my base model Tacoma has seen more miles offroad, and tougher terrain than most jeeps I know of, as well as the higher offroad trims of Tacoma. My base model Bronco will be used the same way, and will likely get a lunchbox locker installed in the rear if I can't make factory lockers happen within my required parameters.

I still regularly outwheel new Rubicons on 37's with my $800 Cherokee on 33's. Sometimes it's the arrrow, and sometimes, It's the Indian.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It will have niche owners and not niche owners. Just like Mustangs or "lifted" trucks. Some will be all about the lifestyle while others either liked the way it looked or got a good deal on it. I'm lucky enough where I'm at a point where I can get one because I want one, vice actually requiring it in any way.

qnet

Big Bend
First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2, Jeep Wrangler JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Living near Atlanta, I've seen all kind of jeep configurations. At my job I see several lifted Jeeps, & trucks that often give a noob like me ideas on what to get LOL.

Most of the lifted vehicles are nicely detailed and clean.

Every once in awhile, and very rarely; I'll see a jeep or 4 runner covered in mud. It's like seeing a performance car with a number on the windshield, and tires with road debris stuck to them from being heated up. I always think to myself "someone had some fun"

Hmmm, this thread had took and interesting turn. :oops:
Sponsored