Sponsored

Is the new Bronco a "classless" vehicle?

jtzako

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra Pro4x
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wouldnt say Jeeps are really "Classless".. I definitely 'judge' them if they are going around on street tires (or pretty much any suv that isnt 4x4 for that matter).. like what possible use is a car like that if you dont take it offroad? Also, you can tell if they are an expensive one (built up etc) vs a cheap one.

OP
OP
High Proof

High Proof

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wouldnt say Jeeps are really "Classless".. I definitely 'judge' them if they are going around on street tires (or pretty much any suv that isnt 4x4 for that matter).. like what possible use is a car like that if you dont take it offroad? Also, you can tell if they are an expensive one (built up etc) vs a cheap one.
I think what they mean when they call a vehicle classless is that people from different socio-economic backgrounds are attracted to them (and most can own one). From the working man to the billionaire. Not so much a pecking order within the cars themselves. At least that is how I understand it.

Texas Sunshine

Base
First Name
Suzann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am awful about judging what people drive and I don't mean the up scale cars and SUV's but trucks, jeeps etc. I blame it on my mom for giving me older brothers and no sister. I did drive a truck for years (04' Dodge Ram, 09 Platinum Ford F150) & now scaled down due to finances. My Bronco will be on the lower end, a Big Bend. I'm okay with that as long as the doors and roof are removable it will be a fun mid-life crisis vehicle.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wish I didn't have to care about what my vehicle said about me but I work in a corporate environment where everyone judges everyone else car. I would love to do a 2 door sasquatch in orange but I couldn't imagine parking it next to all my bosses' cars who drive a variety of black sedans. I'm not saying I have to base my whole vehicle around other's perceptions but it is definitely something I have to consider.
I work in a very large international corporate environment too and used to drive my modified Subaru STis to the office with loud exhausts and big wing on the back. I even took my 60ish year old boss who had SL55 convertibles out in them to meetings and he would be like “This is a fkn 4 cylinder!?” He loved it., but I get the black sedan thing too and certainly wouldnt mind driving an M3 or S4 to the office to fit in!

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ALL of us judge people by their rides. Some of us just do it more accurately than the rest of you. ? ;)

GMan

Outer Banks
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Cayenne Porsche
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
All this is making my stomach churn and turn. If I thought I could get a good used Bronco from someone who takes the initial first year hit (like on a Jeep) then I would wait. Maybe that is what I will do, since they will be pumping these out like crispy creme donuts.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I wish I didn't have to care about what my vehicle said about me but I work in a corporate environment where everyone judges everyone else car. I would love to do a 2 door sasquatch in orange but I couldn't imagine parking it next to all my bosses' cars who drive a variety of black sedans. I'm not saying I have to base my whole vehicle around other's perceptions but it is definitely something I have to consider.
As an old friend of mine says, "Sometimes it just be that way." I've worked with those high up in the corporate world. They can be a whole different type of animal for sure.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It will take some time for the identity of the bronco to establish itself and he perceptions people have about them and their owners. It will ultimately be as diverse a social/economic spectrum as jeep is now I imagine. As for vehicle status, I heard that Ross Perot drove a nothing burger pick up truck around his home in Texas and was perfecyly happy with it (I believe Gearge W. Bush drives an F-150) Maybe it had something to do with the era that Ross Perot came from around the depression. Another thing to remember about the first gen broncos as you reflect on their price is the fact that they did not come with a bunch of bells and whistles, I believe it was made for several years without a radio. And with this new generation, I could afford the FE, but it isn't right for me for a lot of reasons so the last thing I will do is buy one because I can. To be honest, I love all the different models equally and I can't wait to check out someone's Base with minimal extras if that's all they could afford becaue its still a bronco and financially I have been in their shoes. More power to them for getting one, and if I had a boss that thought they were something special because of their cushy black sedans, I would park next to him/her every day in ohhh say a 1973 vega.

gocats132

Base
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Marketing 101; solely go after the 'young adult' demographic, and you still effectively reach everyone. Because everyone is either young, wishes they were young, or are young at heart.
When I look in the mirror I see a very young 54 year old

Sponsored

Mountain Goat

Black Diamond
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 BMW 325i, '17 VW Alltrack, '20 Nissan Versa
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Everyone will be paying far more for the 2021 than the Gen 1 cost in inflation adjusted terms.
And getting a whole lot more vehicle.

gocats132

Base
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
My daughter drives a Jeep with street tires. She has no desire to take it off road but loves to drive to school with the top off. her mother will not let her take off the doors

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Most jeeps I see tell me that the owner has no class. Or that their idea of adventure is hopping a curb in their kids drop off line at school to cut the line.
Happy Friday to you to. From a no class Rubicon owner, Lol. As the Dude always would say :
Ford Bronco Is the new Bronco a "classless" vehicle? d7d

Last edited:

WadeWolf76

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Wrangler JK Willy's, 67 Ford Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I pull up to our big building down town and wind my way up the parking garage almost hitting the ceiling in places. In a door-less topless Wrangler and park my self right next to our CEO's BMW all the time. On more than one occasion he has said to me he loves my Jeep and he always wanted a one.
Deep down we all want that feeling of freedom. Doesn't matter if we have on a suit and fancy shoes or cargo shorts and flip flops.

You may be surprised what you corporate coworkers say man.
Sponsored