Sponsored

Is the new Bronco a "classless" vehicle?

Sammy7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think Broncos/Wranglers along with pickups are the only classless vehicles due to their utilitarian credentials. Sedans and sports cars max out at six (or even seven) digit MSRPs, so nobody’s cross-shopping a Camry with a 750i. There’s nothing comparable at a higher price point, so the buyers go down-market. Even in neighborhoods where a 3 Series is seen as proletarian, the Bronco will get a pass.

I believe Gearge W. Bush drives an F-150
The Secret Service only lets him drive it on his ranch and I’ll bet everything I own it’s heavily armored.
Sponsored

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Other than judging “men” driving smart cars, I don’t judge. Much.

TellurideBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
While these stories are true, including Sam Walton, and Warren Buffet, they also fly private in Jets costing over $15 Million, with an hourly operating cost over $5,000.

It will take some time for the identity of the bronco to establish itself and he perceptions people have about them and their owners. It will ultimately be as diverse a social/economic spectrum as jeep is now I imagine. As for vehicle status, I heard that Ross Perot drove a nothing burger pick up truck around his home in Texas and was perfecyly happy with it (I believe Gearge W. Bush drives an F-150) Maybe it had something to do with the era that Ross Perot came from around the depression. Another thing to remember about the first gen broncos as you reflect on their price is the fact that they did not come with a bunch of bells and whistles, I believe it was made for several years without a radio. And with this new generation, I could afford the FE, but it isn't right for me for a lot of reasons so the last thing I will do is buy one because I can. To be honest, I love all the different models equally and I can't wait to check out someone's Base with minimal extras if that's all they could afford becaue its still a bronco and financially I have been in their shoes. More power to them for getting one, and if I had a boss that thought they were something special because of their cushy black sedans, I would park next to him/her every day in ohhh say a 1973 vega.

Chunk6649

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Obviously the enthusiasts are excited about it, but the new Bronco is being HEAVILY marketed to the 22-30 age group of certain economic classes. Was very surprised when my girlfriend mentioned to me she saw an instagram ad for the new bronco a day after reveal, and at a family reunion recently, 4 aged 22-30 family members all mentioned the Bronco at some point or another (not enthusiasts). The wrangler is a status symbol in the 22-30 age group and Ford is going after that big time with Bronco, can't blame them.
Interesting, because I feel almost every Jeep I see is driven by some 40-50 year old woman. Maybe it's my location, Buffalo, NY.

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wish I didn't have to care about what my vehicle said about me but I work in a corporate environment where everyone judges everyone else car. I would love to do a 2 door sasquatch in orange but I couldn't imagine parking it next to all my bosses' cars who drive a variety of black sedans. I'm not saying I have to base my whole vehicle around other's perceptions but it is definitely something I have to consider.
I worried a lot about this kind of thing. Reason it through. My former boss went from an S4 to a Raptor.
Sponsored