Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

To each his own, but I want none of those things in a Bronco. On long trips, I use a Garmin GPS suction-cupped to the windshield, even in my wife's Honda which has built-in navigation. I can keep in my own lane without some doohickie doing it for me, and I can certainly slow down on my own if I'm cruising down an interstate and suddenly bear down on a slower driver. I feel these things lead to inattentiveness.

I feel that the less electronics on a vehicle, the more dependable it's going to be, especially in the long term. If I could have gotten window cranks on my Bronco, I would have. I wish the Base could have been ordered with rubber floors and MGV.

Again, absolutely nothing wrong with all the creature comforts if you want them. They're just not for me.
I agree 100%. Love my BD 7spd with standard package. Donā€™t need the truck to drive for me, and personally I like single zone climate better than some fancy auto/dual zone setup. And like you said, less stuff to go wrong in the future.
Sponsored

Patriotic

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Wildtrak; ā€˜23 Porsche 992T; ā€˜20 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ok so we are all aware that the best trim is the one that depends on your personal needs BUT overall, what is the best trim?

Hear me out, most people will spend most of the time in their Bronco just daily driving. So why not make it the most comfortable ride? I see a lot of posts about discomfort and I have to say, mine is pretty damn comfortable.
The leather seats are great, the adjustable headrests are awesome, the lumbar support is magic and I have built in cup holders. I think they are part MGV and just as durable.

Most people won't be doing serious rock climbing or Baja everyday/week BUT I still think the OBX is fully capable. I didn't get sas (various reasons) but I did add a 2" lift and 35s. I traded and decent mpg (original 21+, now about 17) but I got painted fender flares that everyone compliments and side steps.

What I don't have is the front lockers and sway bar disconnect (does anyone actually need/use this on a regular basis?). Maybe I'm ignorant but I think I can still climb some rocks without those.

I have duel AC, Built-in Navigation, remote start, lane keeping assist, adaptive cruise control and more features that make a comfortable ride.

So in all, the OBX can probably do almost everything a fully loaded Bronco can do off road, its comfortable and saves a couple grand.
I'm biased but I think overall OBX, LUX w leather is the best overall trim.

ā€œItā€™s not having what you want, itā€™s wanting what you gotā€
Sheryl Crow, ā€œSoak up the Sunā€

Omaha101

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The answer is in all of the responses. The best trim is the one that works best for YOU!

Murraydog11

Outer Banks
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2Dr Outer Banks, Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Say what you will, but at 59 years of age, I like to think of my build as the "Gentleman's Bronco". Comfortable and capable. I've had it off road where it preformed wonderfully. But on road is where I'm driving most of the time, and it drives like a champ. Outer Banks, leather, fully loaded, this is the truck I've dreamed of, and now I have it.
I now yield the floor...

OP
OP

pimpjuice

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'd call it the worst. Very little I hate more in a daily driver than an automatic transmission, and with the OBX you are stuck with an auto.

And I'd pay extra to avoid leather, it's just too damn hot. Every time I get stuck with leather I have to buy cloth seat covers.

And dual-zone A/C sucks in every vehicle I have ever driven in with it. Another reason I ordered a base was to avoid dual-zone A/C
I live in Florida and the leather seats haven't been an issue at all.
The duel AC can be one unit as well. It actually works great.
Am comparing all of this to the comfort of my fairly new BMW btw

Sponsored
OP
OP

pimpjuice

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
To each his own, but I want none of those things in a Bronco. On long trips, I use a Garmin GPS suction-cupped to the windshield, even in my wife's Honda which has built-in navigation. I can keep in my own lane without some doohickie doing it for me, and I can certainly slow down on my own if I'm cruising down an interstate and suddenly bear down on a slower driver. I feel these things lead to inattentiveness.

I feel that the less electronics on a vehicle, the more dependable it's going to be, especially in the long term. If I could have gotten window cranks on my Bronco, I would have. I wish the Base could have been ordered with rubber floors and MGV.

Again, absolutely nothing wrong with all the creature comforts if you want them. They're just not for me.
You realize you probably have a good bit of that technology already in your vehicle. A few computer chips for navigation isn't going to affect the engine. I can turn off all those features at anytime.

OP
OP

pimpjuice

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm completely biased, since I also drive an OBX, with Lux and leather - however, the great thing about the Bronco are the choices. There isn't a 'one size fits all' here. Personally, I spend 98% of my driving time commuting to/from the office, and going to Costco on the weekends (as do most of you that won't admit it). OBX with Lux and leather fits my lifestyle and I'd rather be driving THE vehicle of this decade in the 'luxury' trim. If you're a Moab weekend-warrior, OBX is a terrible choice. As for leather, it breathes much better than MGV and acclimates to your body temp much better than MGV. Is it as durable? NO.

To each their own. I can't wait for a time when we can all appreciate each other's choices without calling them names like 'Mall Crawler.' Would you rather drive a Chrysler Pacifica if you have a family, or at least get the vehicle you want in a more restrained version that can tote the kids and 100lb dog easier, and in much better style and durability?

I have OBX and I have no regrets for my choice, but if I lived closer to mountains, or spent more time there, I would've gone Wildtrak SAS all day long.

btw... my father-in-law calls my OBX the 'po man's G-Wagen'. I like it.
Aren't the seats MGV with leather trim? So they are basically as durable as MGV with more comfort.
I wish someone would do a comparison video of what a Wildtrack or SAS can do that an OBX can't. I've seen videos of OBX climbing rocks and going through mud with no problem

OP
OP

pimpjuice

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I agree 100%. Love my BD 7spd with standard package. Donā€™t need the truck to drive for me, and personally I like single zone climate better than some fancy auto/dual zone setup. And like you said, less stuff to go wrong in the future.
AC is single zone but I have the option for dual if the passager wants a different temp.
Plus heat steering wheel and seats are great in the winter.

OP
OP

pimpjuice

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Oh and OP, I agree OBX is the best rim line, but no leather and I went with High package as I thought the Lux was overpriced for what you get.

But that's one of the best things about the Bronco, there is a flavor for everyone. If you can't find a Bronco that suits you....... then you're just too dang picky
Did the high package come with heated steering wheel and seats? I didn't think I would use it, being in Florida but last winter it was amazing. Felt like a hug in cold days

OP
OP

pimpjuice

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've got a OBX with the cloth seats which I really like, they have a very retro look and you don't get sweaty butt. My '21 was an abandoned order that I purchased so I didn't have a choice but I've been really happy with the cloth.

I drove a MT for over 30 years and now that I'm in my middle 60's its automatic all way. I do get where people are coming from though with MT, you do feel more connected.
For about 24 years all I drove were MT. I'm over it.
When I need to pass someone, I go to sports mode and it's gets the job done.

Sponsored

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
You realize you probably have a good bit of that technology already in your vehicle. A few computer chips for navigation isn't going to affect the engine. I can turn off all those features at anytime.
I've been driving a 1996 Jeep XJ daily for 19 years. LOL!

My aversion to modern electrical technology isn't just engine related, but rather the vehicle in its entirety. My personal opinion is that electrical components are probably going to fail sooner rather than later, so the less I have of them, the better. Obviously there are only so many I can eliminate from my order, so I'm stuck with the rest if i want a Bronco.

2021AreaFiftyOneOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Aren't the seats MGV with leather trim? So they are basically as durable as MGV with more comfort.
I wish someone would do a comparison video of what a Wildtrack or SAS can do that an OBX can't. I've seen videos of OBX climbing rocks and going through mud with no problem
The vinyl with the leather is really just standard automotive vinyl.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm completely biased, since I also drive an OBX, with Lux and leather - however, the great thing about the Bronco are the choices.
To a point. No "technology delete" option. I'd gladly have ordered a Bronco with no stupid touch screen and physical knobs for everything.

Also a naturally aspirated engine. I really don't trust these turbos to last as long as an NA engine.

cashe3

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Seats yes, wheel no.

Honestly, in my current vehicle I rarely use the heated wheel, but love the heated seats.

Did the high package come with heated steering wheel and seats? I didn't think I would use it, being in Florida but last winter it was amazing. Felt like a hug in cold days

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For me itā€™s the best as I like the painted flares, handles, mirror caps. The leather is great no swamp but and back like guys are saying fr the mgv. Although a big gripe of mine is why no Fā€™n memory seats? Did 1000 miles last weekend 5+ hours on the trail in which we swapped drivers a bit. Thereā€™s already electric seats. Ford doesnā€™t offer a rubber in a trim line named for a beachšŸ¤· You can order a &80k superduty platinum and get carpet delete rubber liners(or used to two years ago I havenā€™t check real recent). But am stuck with carpet in a vehicle with a removable roofšŸ¤¦

and for those saying the outer banks is less capable šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø Same chassis, trans and engine choices as the rest of the trims. With better gears available than some and a rear locker. Theyā€™ll do what 90% of us will ask them too.
Sponsored