Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My R1S reservation is about $20K more than my BadSquatch order. Subtract $7500 tax credit from the Rivian, then more for fuel and maintenance savings (I get my electricity for charging overnight free), and it's not that big a gap in net cost.
so a fully loaded bronco badlands and a black diamond for the price of a loaded rivian r1t. tax credit and electric savings cannot be accounted for because it varies on location. my province does not give any credits because they are douche bags.
Sponsored

Markpf189

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m really impressed by the Rivian - super capable off-road, 0-60 in 3 secs, very nice interior and tech, solid range etc. I don’t think it’s a competitor though mostly due to pricing..it’s about $20-30K more than most Broncos, and it’s a pickup.

If the SUV version was similar pricing to the Bronco, then I think it would be a competitor.

I personally like the styling except for the front headlights

I actually don’t think the pricing is bad though considering you’re getting an off roader, pickup, and speed of a Ferrari all in one.

I’d be in the Rivian market once the charger network in the US is better.

ocbucks1

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Short answer is no way. Different type all together. There were < 2000 rivians produced. Even if they were comparable ( they are not) riivan can’t scale to compete now.

Br0k3N_AxL3

Badlands
First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'69 Bronco, '11 F150, '88 Bronco, '22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Br0k3N_AxL3

Badlands
First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'69 Bronco, '11 F150, '88 Bronco, '22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can't stand the look of the front, would not want one for free if I had to keep and drive it, but that's just my taste. Will it be on trails? I would hope so. Electric is interesting, full torque at all speeds is great, if there were a hybrid Bronco I'd have ordered that (and once one comes out I might make the switch). Electric is not ready for longer trips in the wild, but for a day of fun it sure is. But with that ugly front I'm out. Not sure what the designers were smoking there, LOL.
It's like the pot head children of our generation grew up and designed a vehicle. But still play Mario Brothers every day. Just... what were they thinking?

Sponsored

RClark82

Base
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F150, 2008 F150, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Top and doors removable? No, not competition. I am excited to see what does has coming down the pipeline for a plug in EV. Like it or not.... It's the way all vehicles will be in the near future

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I would say that the rivian is competing with the Ford F-150, so Ford is making the lightning to keep those customers. Maybe the new electric hummers are competing with the Bronco.
Sponsored