First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
When it comes out in 2023 with the 400 mile range and hopefully a better front end, yeah. The reliability for these trucks won't be known for a while, so I'd probably let other folks be the beta testers.
Then again Ford's been around for 120 years and has almost zero reputation for reliability right now. 🤣
Sponsored

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I kind of like the looks, and all of the features in it I'd actually end up using like the gear tunnel, bluetooth speaker, compressor in the bed, etc. It's kind of the perfect EV for my needs -- something I can commute with guilt free during the week, but also take the mountain bikes into the woods nearby and not have to worry about washed out trailheads.
Why could you commute guilt free? Are you getting the electricity to power it from solar, wind, hydro? If not your adding as much or more pollution charging from the grid.

Coloradonatives

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'69 Chevelle 2020 Chevy Traverse 2009 9-7x Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why could you commute guilt free? Are you getting the electricity to power it from solar, wind, hydro? If not your adding as much or more pollution charging from the grid.
It is changing, slowly but surely. Our grid has been converting to wind and solar, there are certainly fewer coal trains rolling through.

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Firebird, 2008 Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
This Rivian was in the Barber Shop parking lot today. The owner was an employee. It was pretty cool looking. If you like the Bronco interior with the 12" screen, the Rivian wont disappoint (no pic sorry). I wonder if we will see them on the trail with our Broncos at some point? The R1S looks pretty interesting as well.

You’re silly if you think they’re similar trucks and in competition with each other.

I don’t know why I even bother checking this forum when people post threads like this.

Sponsored

choppersean

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands Sasquatch, 2-door, EG, 2.7, Auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As we migrate away from coal-fired generation the alternative is largely going to be natural gas fired plants.......far less emissions than coal and the emissions from conventional vehicle engines. Most all of Colorado's power plants have been upgraded from coal to NG.....and I think ALL of them are due to go that way by like 2030. Oh, and the cost of that to fuel the vehicle will be cheaper too. When I bought our newest Prius in 2019, we went with the Prime that is a plug-in hybrid. My wife can do her 30-mile round trip commute on only electricity and at that time it was about $1 per gallon equivalent for electricity versus the mid-$2 range for gasoline at that time.......which is even worse now.

Maybe not guilt-FREE, but a hella lot less guilt if you ask me.

OP
OP
Mattwings

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You’re silly if you think they’re similar trucks and in competition with each other.

I don’t know why I even bother checking this forum when people post threads like this.
I think it is new, cool and certainly could find cross shoppers looking at both. It's rare to see one in the wild, so I thought some might find it interesting. I often skip posts, not because they shouldn't be there, just because I am not interested.

mrjerry469

Black Diamond
First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK DIAMOND
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I like the look I would probably go hybrid first. IMO electric has some way to go. Not many charging stations where I live. The one thing that I like about the Lighting is the setup to charge at home, but I would have to add solar to my home. BTW I cancelled my Lighting res.

MOON

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Check out "Long Way Up". Pretty cool show and get to see the first two Rivian's ever produced.

Sponsored

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

As we migrate away from coal-fired generation the alternative is largely going to be natural gas fired plants.......far less emissions than coal and the emissions from conventional vehicle engines. Most all of Colorado's power plants have been upgraded from coal to NG.....and I think ALL of them are due to go that way by like 2030. Oh, and the cost of that to fuel the vehicle will be cheaper too. When I bought our newest Prius in 2019, we went with the Prime that is a plug-in hybrid. My wife can do her 30-mile round trip commute on only electricity and at that time it was about $1 per gallon equivalent for electricity versus the mid-$2 range for gasoline at that time.......which is even worse now.

Maybe not guilt-FREE, but a hella lot less guilt if you ask me.
Non-vehicle fossil fuel emissions (read power plants a lot of which are CNG) account for 70% of the pollution in the us. ICE cars account for less thank 10. So yeah you are paying for cheaper “fuel” that is way more polluting.

choppersean

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands Sasquatch, 2-door, EG, 2.7, Auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Non-vehicle fossil fuel emissions (read power plants a lot of which are CNG) account for 70% of the pollution in the us. ICE cars account for less thank 10. So yeah you are paying for cheaper “fuel” that is way more polluting.
Not.

Ford Bronco Is the Rivian Bronco competition? 1642460962225

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You realize “transportation” takes in account all forms of transportation. Personal vehicles represent 10% of that total. Which in turn makes it less than fossil fuels burned for electricity.
Sponsored