First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands Sasquatch, 2-door, EG, 2.7, Auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You realize “transportation” takes in account all forms of transportation. Personal vehicles represent 10% of that total. Which in turn makes it less than fossil fuels burned for electricity.
Ahhhh.....I see, so now it is splitting hairs to just personal vehicles. Again, your claim is false. This is just GHG emissions and not to mention particulate emissions which are FAR higher for gasoline and diesel combustion over CNG.

EDIT to include source: https://www.epa.gov/greenvehicles/fast-facts-transportation-greenhouse-gas-emissions

Again, your claim is false.....

Ford Bronco Is the Rivian Bronco competition? 1642469434122
Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Rivian is a Bronco competitor only so far as a Gladiator is a competitor and so is Ineos Grenadier, LR Defender, Ford Maverick, Tesla X. They all have 4 wheels, 4wd, and meet someone's desires and needs

Chris S

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla '18 M3 Perf & '22 MY Perf, '19 MX-5 Club,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have an R1S (SUV) Launch Edition on order along w/ my Bronco Badlands order. Right now, my wife and I have a JLUR and a Tesla Model 3 for DD's. The JLUR is definitely going, and after both arrive we'll have to decide if we sell our least favorite of the two or also sell the Tesla. The wait for both the Bronco and the R1S has been tough!

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why could you commute guilt free? Are you getting the electricity to power it from solar, wind, hydro? If not your adding as much or more pollution charging from the grid.
Ah yes, the “Exxon Mobil and shell are actually SAVING the environment” argument. I live in Northern CA, where a large majority of the power generated by my provider is actually from renewable sources like solar and wind and hydro… so yeah not only would I save every dollar I burn on $5.25/gallon right now, it would be essentially guilt free 😂

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Non-vehicle fossil fuel emissions (read power plants a lot of which are CNG) account for 70% of the pollution in the us. ICE cars account for less thank 10. So yeah you are paying for cheaper “fuel” that is way more polluting.
This is not how math works but go off king 👏

Sponsored

RClark82

Base
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F150, 2008 F150, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
People keep comparing Bronco with a lot of other vehicles. Tacoma, 4runner, ect.....
For me nothing else compares unless the top and doors come off AND it's off-road capable.

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The Rivian starts at $60+, I don’t think they’re competing with Bronco.

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

People keep comparing Bronco with a lot of other vehicles. Tacoma, 4runner, ect.....
For me nothing else compares unless the top and doors come off AND it's off-road capable.
Same boat. I don’t get it.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ahhhh.....I see, so now it is splitting hairs to just personal vehicles. Again, your claim is false. This is just GHG emissions and not to mention particulate emissions which are FAR higher for gasoline and diesel combustion over CNG.

EDIT to include source: https://www.epa.gov/greenvehicles/fast-facts-transportation-greenhouse-gas-emissions

Again, your claim is false.....

Ford Bronco Is the Rivian Bronco competition? 1642469434122
Splitting hairs. You are funny. Fact is electric vehicles are no better and in some cases worse for the environment. The original argument that fossil fuel burning for electricity made an electric car “cleaner” than an ICE which is total horseshit. 58% of 29% is 16.8% which is lower than the 25% electricity generation accounts for. As for your other polluting factors. Let’s take in to account the eco damage rare earth mining does ohh yeah then there is that whole toxic materiel in the battery thing and my favorite is the argument it cost less to own which isn’t true. Electric vehicles have their merit but have equally as many detriments. The fact the government has to subsidize their cost to make them somewhat affordable is comical. I’m all for saving the planet but do so in a way that makes sense and is responsible. Shoving some half baked product consumers don’t want (wouldnt have to be subsidies if they did) when you don’t have the infrastructure to support it is the definition of stupidity. Why not build the infrastructure, allow private industry to work out the kinks and get the cost down and see where it goes.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is not how math works but go off king 👏
That isn’t how coherent thoughts work but you go as well. Snappy comeback work better when they make sense.

Sponsored

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Non-vehicle fossil fuel emissions (read power plants a lot of which are CNG) account for 70% of the pollution in the us. ICE cars account for less thank 10. So yeah you are paying for cheaper “fuel” that is way more polluting.
That isn’t how coherent thoughts work but you go as well. Snappy comeback work better when they make sense.
fine, I’ll feed the troll — you claimed electricity production is more polluting than the equivalent gas usage in vehicles. Your “facts” were that 70% of pollution is caused by producing electricity and only 10% by ICE cars, so electricity is more polluting than gas. This doesn’t make any sense, mathematically, because ICE cars only burn gas to move — electricity production accounts for a whole lot more than just EV use, like charging the battery of the phone you use to post EV hate here.

Electric vehicles are the only way forward. Yes, coal and natural gas and other sources still account for pollution, but solar, wind, hydro, and even nuclear are replacing all others rapidly. Not only that, but you can’t simply replace gasoline with something in the future. It must have identical properties for ICE engines to magically switch over to a new fuel source that saves our future. EVs have the inherent benefit that some magical new technology could come out tomorrow, and power the entire world from a grain of sand without any pollution at all, and your EV will work just like it does today — just unplug it and go.

Sure, a Rivian wouldn’t replace my Bronco, but you can sure as hell bet I’d feel infinitely better driving it every day than my Badlands.

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Splitting hairs. You are funny. Fact is electric vehicles are no better and in some cases worse for the environment. The original argument that fossil fuel burning for electricity made an electric car “cleaner” than an ICE which is total horseshit. 58% of 29% is 16.8% which is lower than the 25% electricity generation accounts for. As for your other polluting factors. Let’s take in to account the eco damage rare earth mining does ohh yeah then there is that whole toxic materiel in the battery thing and my favorite is the argument it cost less to own which isn’t true. Electric vehicles have their merit but have equally as many detriments. The fact the government has to subsidize their cost to make them somewhat affordable is comical. I’m all for saving the planet but do so in a way that makes sense and is responsible. Shoving some half baked product consumers don’t want (wouldnt have to be subsidies if they did) when you don’t have the infrastructure to support it is the definition of stupidity. Why not build the infrastructure, allow private industry to work out the kinks and get the cost down and see where it goes.
There’s a whole lot of anger here just because some folks think electric cars are smarter than gas ones. I’m sorry you have such a knee jerk reaction to change, but I don’t think I’m going to be able to explain how EVs can use whatever power source they have (whether it pollutes, or not) and that’s an inherent benefit in the long term. If you live in CA, and your house has solar and a battery in the garage, you could drive a vehicle essentially for free just from the sun alone.

I took my Bronco to the mountain bike trails today, and loved it. For very different reasons, I’d love taking an R1T to those same trails and all around town as well. I don’t know how else to explain how compelling a compact EV pickup truly is.

Neps

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MX-5, Focus EV, F150, F350, Scout II (2)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do the fans in the grill cool the batteries?

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.jpg
Ford Bronco Is the Rivian Bronco competition? ?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP

computertom

Raptor
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'80 911SC, '22 Raptor, & '22 R1T
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
For me at least, the R1T is a great sized truck. It is FAST. It has a very usable interior with some well thought out storage and other bits. It has available 34+ inch tires. Yes, they aren't quite 35s, but close though. It can tow a LOT, but man, does that crush your battery life. So hmm, is that worth it? Probably not if you're towing frequently. Then again, the Bronco can't tow jack. Seriously, 3,500? Come on, that's a joke. The same engine tows seriously in other trucks, but the Bronco, no go.

But is it competition. For me, yes. We'll see which one I keep long term.

Maine Explorer

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

A rig you definitely won't be able to get in the next 2 years... It seems like they're competing for the exact same buyers. People who want something they can't have haha
Sponsored