Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This Rivian was in the Barber Shop parking lot today. The owner was an employee. It was pretty cool looking. If you like the Bronco interior with the 12" screen, the Rivian wont disappoint (no pic sorry). I wonder if we will see them on the trail with our Broncos at some point? The R1S looks pretty interesting as well.

Sponsored

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
—
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've had an R1T order in the books since July 2021 -- delivery estimate is "first half of 2023" 🥲 they've really only been making deliveries to employees so far, and those employees won't ever tell you when they ordered. I've heard these employees can get Launch Edition trucks (similar to First Edition Broncos; limited to the earliest pre-orders only) despite ordering them after the Launch Edition window closed. Clearly they need more real world testing/data before mass production.

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
—
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't like the looks of it. Not big on electric either.
I kind of like the looks, and all of the features in it I'd actually end up using like the gear tunnel, bluetooth speaker, compressor in the bed, etc. It's kind of the perfect EV for my needs -- something I can commute with guilt free during the week, but also take the mountain bikes into the woods nearby and not have to worry about washed out trailheads.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Roof does not come off. Doors don't look like they come off easy.
WB is too long, IMO for hard core wheeling (although it supposedly
has adj height susp). Can't bring extra fuel for extended outback trips.
Does it come with 35's optional?

I'm saying NO!!!

Sponsored

jamtra

Wildtrak
First Name
james
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I kind of like the looks, and all of the features in it I'd actually end up using like the gear tunnel, bluetooth speaker, compressor in the bed, etc. It's kind of the perfect EV for my needs -- something I can commute with guilt free during the week, but also take the mountain bikes into the woods nearby and not have to worry about washed out trailheads.
I'm sure it will be appealing to others. Just not me.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've pretty intrigued by the Rivian. I think it's a cool truck, and one of the few vehicles that seems to be very capable off road, but also can be amazing on the race track. It'll need a few years of proving itself before I'm really interested - The front end also bothers me a bit.

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
—
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm sure it will be appealing to others. Just not me.
Yeah, I like it but it doesn't compete with my Bronco at all -- if anything, I'd be considering selling my Focus RS and keep the Bronco for longer roadtrips and real off-road use.

Aviboy97

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You might see a lot of Lightning reservation holders jump to this. When we found out it was minimum $74K to get 300 miles of range in the Lightning, it really lost appeal for a lot of people.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

It's not Bronco competition spec-to-spec, but If I had the money for one I would have ordered a Launch Edition. So in a way, it is Bronco competition.

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'd say it's competition
Love the Bronco but my dream future version of it would be some where between Rivian SUV (not the pickup style one) and the 4 door soft top Bronco.

Electric
Removable roof
Off road king
35s
Modern forward facing Technology

Gimme gimmie

Only reason I didn't order a Rivian R1S is because right now I'm more comfortable paying 50k for the Bronco than the 70k for a Rivian.
No regrets here. But I can see how 7 years down the line, an electric Bronco vs. Future Rivian would be stiff competition

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can't stand the look of the front, would not want one for free if I had to keep and drive it, but that's just my taste. Will it be on trails? I would hope so. Electric is interesting, full torque at all speeds is great, if there were a hybrid Bronco I'd have ordered that (and once one comes out I might make the switch). Electric is not ready for longer trips in the wild, but for a day of fun it sure is. But with that ugly front I'm out. Not sure what the designers were smoking there, LOL.

HCGxKaLiBeR

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Rivian R1S (The SUV version) is more a rival compare to the Bronco 4 doors.
On paper Rivian better in everyway. On road, off road, towing.
Love its multipurpose. It can be a off-roader or drag racer on demand.
The security camera Yeti animation is hilarious imo. I would buy it just for that LMAO.

My Bronco will be around 60k. The R1S is about 75k.
There are only two things that are holding me back to switch.
1. I love how Bronco looks. Boxy retro shape. Rivian's front is a little controversial.
2. My wife xD

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It competes with the Bronco in that a non-trivial number of consumers will cross shop the two.

Obviously each vehicle, in its own areas of specialization, exceed the other’s capability at the edge of the spectrum, but both vehicles exceed the average consumer’s needs in any of these areas.

Even “enthusiasts” on this forum are hot swapping Imprezas for Bison. In reality people have much less stringent requirements of their vehicles than the aspirational marketing / propaganda implies. Fleet-wide, I’d bet 95+% of the mileage to be clocked by Broncos worldwide will have been just as easily handled by a Honda Fit.
Sponsored