Sponsored

Is the sandstone interior really this bad?

attworth

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover D2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My current vehicle is all tan inside, and I much prefer it to black. My wife’s van is also tan but has a black dash. I personally like the WT interior options, but don’t want the automatic. Even the camo isn’t that bad to my eyes. At least it’s in muted colors.
Sponsored

bluesun68

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
raptor, velar, f-type
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’ll agree the camo is pretty bad.... I can get past the rest. Also, are lighter dash colors really that reflective even though they have a matte finish? I live in Michigan so our sunny days are nothing like Arizona’s, but my light gray dash in my Wrangler has never bothered me. Maybe because it’s so upright and there really isn’t that much real estate?
I guess depending on the angle, basically you'll have a glowing reflection in the bottom part of the windshield. They actually put a flat black hood decal on the hood to reduce reflections. I'm happy with a tan interior, which this isn't. But I would really prefer a black dash.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah it is really that bad. Switched to a Badlands just because of it.

KobeStyle

Outer Banks
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
370Z
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Oh my God. What the hell is this thread and why does it exist? I didn't love the interior choice, but I never imagined it would look as bad as these photos allege... Do I live with this garbage interior or do I live with no Sport mode on BL? just... no words only mental breakdowns.

Sponsored

HCGxKaLiBeR

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It is bad enough for me to switch to BL.

Ford is not doing this smart. They should just have offered all interior for all trim levels.
Now, instead of moving the BL interior to WT, Ford will be dealing with upgrading the BL interior package to 3 possible options, upgrading the engine and transmission options, switching rear end option for the WT buyers. IMO, it waste more time and complicates the production line.

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I might be in the minority here but I like brown leather. Most manufacturers go with tan but I have always thought brown looks better. The Wrangler for instance has the option for brown leather on their build and price but when you see it in real life it is more tan... looks way worse!
Ford Bronco Is the sandstone interior really this bad? 1605139051464

Ford Bronco Is the sandstone interior really this bad? 1605139136694

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I might be in the minority here but I like brown leather. Most manufacturers go with tan but I have always thought brown looks better. The Wrangler for instance has the option for brown leather on their build and price but when you see it in real life it is more tan... looks way worse!

That is terrible and should be considered a breach of contract. While the CGI images can't be perfect, it is unacceptable that there is that much of a discrepancy between those seats on a Wrangler build.

Sponsored

SHLYGRR

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Elantra GT Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well I'll go against the grain again. I like it far better than the Outer Banks Premium Roast & Molten Metal.
That OBX interior is a goddamn eye sore. I don’t mind the WT interior but would prefer no blue accents and MGV. Why would you limit colorway combinations like that? Especially for the 2-door where the exterior metal shows up on the inside of the door. Wanted a Rapid Red WT but the A51 accents would look dumb.

SHLYGRR

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Elantra GT Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like it and have considered changing from Cactus Grey to White exterior as mentioned by others, I like the tan and white combo too.
White exterior with the WT interior would look great. That’s a good choice.

Sammy7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Given that every trim is pretty clearly focused on a particular niche of off-roading style it blows my mind that people would let color dictate their desired trim level.
Are they really? I haven’t pored over the specs like others have, but what justification will the Wildtrak have as a Bronco built for desert-running once the Raptor/Warthog comes out? Between an Outer Banks with the Mid package/Sasquatch and a Badlands with the Lux package/no Sasquatch, which is for luxury and which is for off-roading?

Somebody decreed there will be seven different models because Jeep has a billion different models and the marketing interns threw out seven half-assed ideas before calling it a day.

Dajosh

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 2018 Hyundai Tucson 1967 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
None of it is really that bad, this forum just full of whiners.
I have never bought a new vehicle that only had 1 interior color option. I will spend a lot more of my time looking at the inside and the hood, than any other part of it.
Sponsored