First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, as everyone is likely aware, today Ford announced that the sasquatch package will be available with a manual transmission. I've seen discussion on that thread regarding whether the sasquatch is worth the wait, but I'd like to start a discussion about whether the sasquatch package is worth the money based on certain trim levels that were already available.

For example, when I was reserving, I knew I wanted the MT, thus, sasquatch was out of the question. I originally decided that a BD would do the job, but I quickly realized that the BD lacks the Auto 4x4 required for the better crawl ratio, and only has a rear locker (no front locker or disco). I figured, perhaps, I'll be able to add the front locker and Auto 4x4 later, however, based on what Ford has been saying, I think the only way to get the front locker would be to sasquatch or go for the higher trim. Also, I think that adding such features from the factory is probably going to run me a pretty penny. Thus, I started looking at the BL as a possible option.

The BL with no sasquatch means I keep the MT, get front and rear lockers, the disco, and can get it with 33" M/T tires. Sounds pretty damn close to what I am looking for (minus the steel painted black wheels which I'd prefer from the BD, but that would probably only run me $300-400 aftermarket if I really want those.)

Today, Ford has thrown another option at us with the mansquatch. But, I've been wondering if it is even really worth it on a BD when the BL gets you so close. The BD with the sasquatch would give me everything, but at what cost? Assuming based on the surveys from earlier this month that it would cost about $5K to add the sasquatch to the BD, wouldn't I be paying more for a mansquatched BD than a BL which also comes with the Disco and upgrade options like leather seats. Sure the sasquatch would come with 35" and beadlock capable wheels, but 33's could probably do just as fine and the beadlock capability isn't really THAT convincing since I'd probably never use the capability anyway (I'd probably swap the wheels for some steel ones anyway).

Maybe I am missing something, but at this moment, I just don't know if a BD with the sasquatch is worth the money (not to mention the added waiting period). Any thoughts? Anyone in the same boat with their ideal build?
I think part of that can't be answered, mainly because we don't know if they'll take your order for the manual + Sasquatch and just tell you, you have a long wait. Or are they going to tell you come back at a certain point in product with your specification/build to process. I think once we know more, mainly when the B&P is live, but it'll most likely depend on if you're willing to wait. As we learned so far, late 2021 could could mean early October or late December or some time in between.
I don’t think there is any right or wrong answer or a formula that works the same for everyone. We all value different things differently, so get whatever makes you happy!
I agree since everyone's priorities will be different it could come down to waiting time, or price, or something else entirely different. For me it'll mainly be price/wait, since my lease is upon in the Thanksgiving 2021 timeframe. But for price it might be b better for me just to add to the BD. I'm just praying "late 2021" doesn't mean end of December.
Sponsored

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like this option as well.

Only concern is the 2.3 with the 35's.Will it be hard on the engine,and will it have to stay in boost a lot more to turn those 35's?

This has me leaning towards the 2.7 with the AT which adds a chunk of change to a base and kinda kills the value of the base,i think anyway
I don't think it will be a problem, 6th on the MT is geared about the same as 10th on the AT.

I'll find out and get back to you after I've driven my ManSquatch for a little bit ;)

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

At this point, I don't even remember. I guess I'll get whatever it comes with. Would prefer not to have it though.

sbledsoe

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I must have missed some news. What is this Sasquatch "wait" you speak of? Why would Sasquatch buyers with AT have to wait? Or do they?
No just the newly announced 2.3 MT with squatch.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
So, as everyone is likely aware, today Ford announced that the sasquatch package will be available with a manual transmission. I've seen discussion on that thread regarding whether the sasquatch is worth the wait, but I'd like to start a discussion about whether the sasquatch package is worth the money based on certain trim levels that were already available.

For example, when I was reserving, I knew I wanted the MT, thus, sasquatch was out of the question. I originally decided that a BD would do the job, but I quickly realized that the BD lacks the Auto 4x4 required for the better crawl ratio, and only has a rear locker (no front locker or disco). I figured, perhaps, I'll be able to add the front locker and Auto 4x4 later, however, based on what Ford has been saying, I think the only way to get the front locker would be to sasquatch or go for the higher trim. Also, I think that adding such features from the factory is probably going to run me a pretty penny. Thus, I started looking at the BL as a possible option.

The BL with no sasquatch means I keep the MT, get front and rear lockers, the disco, and can get it with 33" M/T tires. Sounds pretty damn close to what I am looking for (minus the steel painted black wheels which I'd prefer from the BD, but that would probably only run me $300-400 aftermarket if I really want those.)

Today, Ford has thrown another option at us with the mansquatch. But, I've been wondering if it is even really worth it on a BD when the BL gets you so close. The BD with the sasquatch would give me everything, but at what cost? Assuming based on the surveys from earlier this month that it would cost about $5K to add the sasquatch to the BD, wouldn't I be paying more for a mansquatched BD than a BL which also comes with the Disco and upgrade options like leather seats. Sure the sasquatch would come with 35" and beadlock capable wheels, but 33's could probably do just as fine and the beadlock capability isn't really THAT convincing since I'd probably never use the capability anyway (I'd probably swap the wheels for some steel ones anyway).

Maybe I am missing something, but at this moment, I just don't know if a BD with the sasquatch is worth the money (not to mention the added waiting period). Any thoughts? Anyone in the same boat with their ideal build?
What kind of off-roading do you currently do, and what are your future plans for off-roading? That will help decide what model and functionality makes sense in terms of usage.

Sponsored
OP
OP

jpeml94

Badlands
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback (2016)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Butt's, that is the BD and the BD was priced at like $4-5K for the squatch, while the BL which already comes with most of the things you listed (except the wheels and tires) was priced at $2.5K. Are beadlock capable wheels and 35" tires worth that money? I think for the average guy who probably won't use their Bronco's beadlock wheel capability, the wheels may just be useless. And, as for tires, those can always be added once the 33" wear down, which I assume will happen fast since most Bronco buyers are going to drive the hell out of their new Bronco within the first few months.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For me, the Sasquatch is a must IF I don't go Badlands.

I like a high ride height.

OP
OP

jpeml94

Badlands
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback (2016)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Ok, I see what you're saying.

OP
OP

jpeml94

Badlands
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback (2016)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For me, it's worth it. I'll get the BD with mansquatch. No other options. It gives me everything single thing I wanted. I don't care about the advanced transfer case or the disco. Just more stuff to go wrong. If I was looking at other trims, maybe not, but for me and the BD it is definitely worth it.

What draws you to the BD as opposed to the other trim models? I guess what I am asking is: what makes the BD Mansquatch so appealing for the extra $4-5? As opposed to the BL non-squatch, which is almost the same, minus the wheels and tires?

OP
OP

jpeml94

Badlands
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback (2016)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

My rationale for the BL is since im probably going to swap steel wheels on to a BL, I may be able to sell the stock alloy wheels from the BL. But then again, I could also do the same with BL sasquatch wheels and already have the right tire size, which would mean no waiting until the 33's get run down.
Sponsored