Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What draws you to the BD as opposed to the other trim models? I guess what I am asking is: what makes the BD Mansquatch so appealing for the extra $4-5? As opposed to the BL non-squatch, which is almost the same, minus the wheels and tires?

All of this will be hashed out a lot once the B&P is here, so I may very well change trims based on different options, but for now I like the BD as it does not have the disco or mid package. I don't want those. But I do want the front M210, locker, and gears, so there's the BD squatch vs base Badlands. Really, actual price once configured may make my decision for me.
Sponsored

SoccerDude

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am worried Ford will try and offset the loss from the Automatic Transmission upcharge by increasing the Sasquatch pricing.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like this option as well.

Only concern is the 2.3 with the 35's.Will it be hard on the engine,and will it have to stay in boost a lot more to turn those 35's?

This has me leaning towards the 2.7 with the AT which adds a chunk of change to a base and kinda kills the value of the base,i think anyway
that's why they move to 4.70 gears. That is a REALLY low gear...BUT... the motor will turn the same RPM on those 35's at 70mph as the base on whatever tires those are.... (4.42 gears???, cant recall)

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you want the Manual and the Sasquatch then yes. Its definitely worth the wait. All these guys saying they will just go aftermarket are living a pipe dream.

An Aftermarket lift, wheels ,tires, shocks, gearing, axles, fender flares, front and rear lockers is going to cost a ton plus labor and not be warrantied.

Get the Sasquatch from the factory or you'll regret it. And if you want the Manual bad enough the extra 4 months wait will be worth it for you. Get what you want and don't settle for less.

OP
OP

jpeml94

Badlands
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback (2016)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am worried Ford will try and offset the loss from the Automatic Transmission upcharge by increasing the Sasquatch pricing.

Probably why they needed to push the B&P to October. Needed the extra time to figure out how they're going to squeeze a few more dollars out of our pockets.

Sponsored

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Man, B&P is going to need it's own page with everyone posting their different build options and starting a new thread asking opinions. The options just keep getting better. I know competition was good for all of us, but I had no idea we'd be inner-competing the Bronco before B&P...

MVP

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Butt's, that is the BD and the BD was priced at like $4-5K for the squatch, while the BL which already comes with most of the things you listed (except the wheels and tires) was priced at $2.5K. Are beadlock capable wheels and 35" tires worth that money? I think for the average guy who probably won't use their Bronco's beadlock wheel capability, the wheels may just be useless. And, as for tires, those can always be added once the 33" wear down, which I assume will happen fast since most Bronco buyers are going to drive the hell out of their new Bronco within the first few months.
You likely can’t just add 35’s to the 33 wheels. You will probably need new wheels with more backspacing.

As has already been said if you want 35’s Sasquatch is the best package you can get. Unless you want to pick your own wheels.

Tires alone are going to be $1500 for a set of 5.

You also gotta think about adding the bump stops and extended fenders.

WRF3MD

Black Diamond
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150/Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

BD Mansquatch will cost very close to a BL, and the mid package and it will probably come out to more....
That's exactly where I'm at. BD plus auto, v6, Squatch, and signature lights or BL auto/v6, or just a straight wild track

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
the survey proposed a 2.5K$ bump for the squatch on a BL, so if it's a plus up on the tires/wheels and whatever on the suspension, the squatch is almost a no-brainer.
Yes. The price of a lift and gears and locker will be more.
We will not know the real prices till build and price is out but Sasquatch looks to be a great deal price wise.

Sponsored
OP
OP

jpeml94

Badlands
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback (2016)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes. The price of a lift and gears and locker will be more.
We will not know the real prices till build and price is out but Sasquatch looks to be a great deal price wise.
I may be wrong, but does BL bring the lockers, gears, and a pretty comparable suspension already?

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
I may be wrong, but does BL bring the lockers, gears, and a pretty comparable suspension already?
It does. But we don't know the price of Sasquatch on that trim. 4 35" tires can be over 1000$ so if you want the rims and tires and sasq is less then 1500 it would still be worthwhile.
But your right In Terms of pure off roading ability of BL you don't need sasq like all the models below BL do.
For OB, BB BD and base Sasquatch will be so much cheeper then doing even part of the things it comes with in the after market.

Build and price where are you! LOL I need to be better at waiting.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Im (horse)in the throat saying the same to friends too its a killer deal these are great parts ,i really didnt want to get stuck with aluminum axles so that alone is worth it,ive set up many rear ends and i cant believe they made one out of aluminum?
Sponsored