First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback (2016)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, as everyone is likely aware, today Ford announced that the sasquatch package will be available with a manual transmission. I've seen discussion on that thread regarding whether the sasquatch is worth the wait, but I'd like to start a discussion about whether the sasquatch package is worth the money based on certain trim levels that were already available.

For example, when I was reserving, I knew I wanted the MT, thus, sasquatch was out of the question. I originally decided that a BD would do the job, but I quickly realized that the BD lacks the Auto 4x4 required for the better crawl ratio, and only has a rear locker (no front locker or disco). I figured, perhaps, I'll be able to add the front locker and Auto 4x4 later, however, based on what Ford has been saying, I think the only way to get the front locker would be to sasquatch or go for the higher trim. Also, I think that adding such features from the factory is probably going to run me a pretty penny. Thus, I started looking at the BL as a possible option.

The BL with no sasquatch means I keep the MT, get front and rear lockers, the disco, and can get it with 33" M/T tires. Sounds pretty damn close to what I am looking for (minus the steel painted black wheels which I'd prefer from the BD, but that would probably only run me $300-400 aftermarket if I really want those.)

Today, Ford has thrown another option at us with the mansquatch. But, I've been wondering if it is even really worth it on a BD when the BL gets you so close. The BD with the sasquatch would give me everything, but at what cost? Assuming based on the surveys from earlier this month that it would cost about $5K to add the sasquatch to the BD, wouldn't I be paying more for a mansquatched BD than a BL which also comes with the Disco and upgrade options like leather seats. Sure the sasquatch would come with 35" and beadlock capable wheels, but 33's could probably do just as fine and the beadlock capability isn't really THAT convincing since I'd probably never use the capability anyway (I'd probably swap the wheels for some steel ones anyway).

Maybe I am missing something, but at this moment, I just don't know if a BD with the sasquatch is worth the money (not to mention the added waiting period). Any thoughts? Anyone in the same boat with their ideal build?
Sponsored

Last edited:

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don’t think there is any right or wrong answer or a formula that works the same for everyone. We all value different things differently, so get whatever makes you happy!

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the survey proposed a 2.5K$ bump for the squatch on a BL, so if it's a plus up on the tires/wheels and whatever on the suspension, the squatch is almost a no-brainer.

RedTetsu13

Black Diamond
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Elantra Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

From a monetary decision it probably is smarter to go after market with the wheels and tires for BL. But something I've seen floating around the forums has been the Sway Bar Disconnect removal mod. So for those people it would make a lot of sense to just get the BD with the Squatch. I know for the purposes of my off-roading I probably won't require anything that needs the front locker so I wasn't even looking to get it in the first place.

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don’t think there is any right or wrong answer or a formula that works the same for everyone. We all value different things differently, so get whatever makes you happy!
This!
Close thread. :p

Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve never spent more than 40k for a vehicle, this will be the exception, most likely the last new vehicle I buy, so I’m buying what I need but mostly what I want. I’m not an aftermarket kind of guy, I want to get what I like at the factory, will I use the Sasquatch, for me most likely not but damn it looks cool and when I do need it it will be there... get what you can afford and be happy with it.. you will just have to decide how you want to use it and what you need it for...

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Leather not included on the BL. if that is what your thinking ....at least how I read your post.

The true bargain/debate is the BaseManSquatch, unless you want the optional packages or heated seats (mid, high lux etc) or wash out vinyl .... I see almost no reason for a BDManSquatch at this point. Just go BadManSquatch.

BaseManSquatch = Value leader
Big BendMansquatch = opens up some options
OuterBankssquatch= auto only
BadLands Manual = More options
BadManSquatch = almost a waste of 2500...

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I started at BD, then went to BL when I found the M210/front locker wasn't a stand alone option, now that mansquatch has happened I'm at a base mansquatch. It has everything I need at $35k. I may go a different route when B&P comes out, but today that's my setup.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve never spent more than 40k for a vehicle, this will be the exception, most likely the last new vehicle I buy, so I’m buying what I need but mostly what I want. I’m not an aftermarket kind of guy, I want to get what I like at the factory, will I use the Sasquatch, for me most likely not but damn it looks cool and when I do need it it will be there... get what you can afford and be happy with it.. you will just have to decide how you want to use it and what you need it for...
I could have posted this verbatim.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For me, it's worth it. I'll get the BD with mansquatch. No other options. It gives me everything single thing I wanted. I don't care about the advanced transfer case or the disco. Just more stuff to go wrong. If I was looking at other trims, maybe not, but for me and the BD it is definitely worth it.

Sponsored

WNC_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tacoma 4x4,2017 Honda Civic LX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I started at BD, then went to BL when I found the M210/front locker wasn't a stand alone option, now that mansquatch has happened I'm at a base mansquatch. It has everything I need at $35k. I may go a different route when B&P comes out, but today that's my setup.
I like this option as well.

Only concern is the 2.3 with the 35's.Will it be hard on the engine,and will it have to stay in boost a lot more to turn those 35's?

This has me leaning towards the 2.7 with the AT which adds a chunk of change to a base and kinda kills the value of the base,i think anyway

Dick_Castlesmurff

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For me, it's worth it. I'll get the BD with mansquatch. No other options. It gives me everything single thing I wanted. I don't care about the advanced transfer case or the disco. Just more stuff to go wrong. If I was looking at other trims, maybe not, but for me and the BD it is definitely worth it.
BD Mansquatch will cost very close to a BL, and the mid package and it will probably come out to more....

sbledsoe

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Is the delay to fall of 2021 delivery only for the Mansquatch, or all versions with squatch?

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I must have missed some news. What is this Sasquatch "wait" you speak of? Why would Sasquatch buyers with AT have to wait? Or do they?
Sponsored