Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As others said, all about what you want but if you're playing a pricing game figure:

$1400.00 - Nitto 35x12.5x17s (four of them)
$700 - Cheapest set of ProComp 17" rims
$1000-$1400 - to buy a 4" lift (assume you could go smaller and save a few bucks)

That's $3,100 in parts not installed. Assuming you can add a lift and mount/balance tires at home.

Seems like a no brainer that buying Squatch, if you want that look/capability, makes sense from the factory IMHO.

-- 2.3 will have more than enough to push 33/35s, 2.7 is probably a smart jump if you want to go bigger than that.

-- for me it makes more sense to get Squatch, then when the 35's are done, pickup Nitto Grappler M/Ts (37x12.5x17's) for $1500. See if I need more spacing in the front. But I will need the 2.7.
Sponsored

Last edited:

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like this option as well.

Only concern is the 2.3 with the 35's.Will it be hard on the engine,and will it have to stay in boost a lot more to turn those 35's?

This has me leaning towards the 2.7 with the AT which adds a chunk of change to a base and kinda kills the value of the base,i think anyway
this seems to be common concern on these forums but the 2.3 has better power, torque and gearing than most Jeeps, Toyotas and any other 4x4 rigs you might see out on the streets or trails Running 35s or bigger. With a tune it should be an overachiever.

bobbleheadguru

Base
First Name
Farris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’ve never spent more than 40k for a vehicle, this will be the exception, most likely the last new vehicle I buy, so I’m buying what I need but mostly what I want. I’m not an aftermarket kind of guy, I want to get what I like at the factory, will I use the Sasquatch, for me most likely not but damn it looks cool and when I do need it it will be there... get what you can afford and be happy with it.. you will just have to decide how you want to use it and what you need it for...
The drive feel of the SASQUATCH on regular roads will be very different than smaller tires. If it for looks only, you may want to consider that.

JT1

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like this option as well.

Only concern is the 2.3 with the 35's.Will it be hard on the engine,and will it have to stay in boost a lot more to turn those 35's?

This has me leaning towards the 2.7 with the AT which adds a chunk of change to a base and kinda kills the value of the base,i think anyway
With 4.70 gears, the 2.3 will be fine. I wouldn't give that a second thought.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The drive feel of the SASQUATCH on regular roads will be very different than smaller tires. If it for looks only, you may want to consider that.
Nah
I spend enough time on mountain roads, fire roads, I take my mountain bike where most won’t wanna go. This isnt my 1st rodeo with big tires. My FJ had a 2 in lift with 35s. Loved it...

Sponsored

bobbleheadguru

Base
First Name
Farris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am going to get the base manual trans. It is a relative bargain

Then over time I can get:
1. A winch
2. The doors with holes in them, that look like a "D".
3. A second set of wheels/tires to swap out (note, the net cost will only be wheels as each set of tires will wear out half as fast).

All will be fun to save for and buy LATER (delayed gratification) and I figure my Bronco will be very unique looking after all that.
Sponsored