First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ Sprinter Van 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Hi, I updated my order to '23 with my dealer, but they insist I take off the Tow Package because it is a constraint. I saw a bunch of Broncos scheduled for the last build weeks with the Tow Package, so I think that this is not a constraint anymore. Does anybody know?
Sponsored

RedShark32s

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They get a little warning pop up that says it's a constrained item and to consider a dealer installed option. They can override it and select the tow package anyway.

I'm with ya...seems like it's showing up a lot now. I have all the constraints anyway, so whatever! 2 door, 2.7, mod bumper, Sasquatch and now tow too.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We removed it from all of our older orders and it didn't seem to make a difference on how fast it got picked up. Probably a combination of multiple items causing the delay, but not one specifically that anyone really knows what's knocking it out of preview. Honestly, just too many variables we aren't privy to.

Ron B.

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I ordered my bronco January 2021 Was converted to 2023 model end of September 2021. I had several constraints originally now it is only the tow package. I have read the fourms with regards to the tow package. Most discussions are about 4 pin vs 7 pin wiring. But why is the tow rating 500 pounds more with factory tow package? Are the radiators the same? I am starting to think I may just get aftermarket.

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered my bronco January 2021 Was converted to 2023 model end of September 2021. I had several constraints originally now it is only the tow package. I have read the fourms with regards to the tow package. Most discussions are about 4 pin vs 7 pin wiring. But why is the tow rating 500 pounds more with factory tow package? Are the radiators the same? I am starting to think I may just get aftermarket.
i think its more to do with sway control and braking capabilities. With the factory tow option there are trailer settings unlocked in the menus and also you get trailer brake option which allows the vehicle to stop better when towing the max weight. If the vehicle is required to stop just on its own brakes it maybe struggles near maximum towing.

Sponsored

Ron B.

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for the quick response and explanation. I think it' will be worth the wait. Regards

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Tow isn't a constraint as much as shipping is.

GBronco

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tow isn't a constraint as much as shipping is.
Completely agree…ordered 2dr badlands 3/1/22 and picked it up last week. Tow, 2.7, high…however I’m in metro detroit which is a truck delivery. Everything rail is a mess right now.

Mortonm

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Completely agree…ordered 2dr badlands 3/1/22 and picked it up last week. Tow, 2.7, high…however I’m in metro detroit which is a truck delivery. Everything rail is a mess right now.
I am just outside Toronto. My blend was 10/19. Showed built on the 21st and shipped.

Left on a truck on the 25th and was delivered that day.

SETBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The only constraint is being an early Granger reservation holder!

Sponsored

Mortonm

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Literally just got off the phone with my dealer. My Bronco is sitting waiting for pickup Monday and he said they built it without the tow package. Didn't ask me for removal. He said they are starting to build some like this now and are just dropping options without asking.

Name

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Literally just got off the phone with my dealer. My Bronco is sitting waiting for pickup Monday and he said they built it without the tow package. Didn't ask me for removal. He said they are starting to build some like this now and are just dropping options without asking.
I wonder if your dealer dropped it without telling you.

I just converted a 2020 reservation and got a December build date with tow package.

Mortonm

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I wonder if your dealer dropped it without telling you.

I just converted a 2020 reservation and got a December build date with tow package.
If they did they lied to me. I'm happy to have it and don't need the 7 pin but I just wanted it in case

MichiganMichael

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 F150 Lariat FX4 Sport, '22 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Towing.... I have a 12/5 build on a '23, and just got ahold of my friend/ex-coworker to have her add Tow Package. It's still on constraints so she wasn't able to. Looks like I'm doing the dealer install part. Not that I would tow anything heavy enough to require trailer brakes with it. Just a small boat and a utility trailer.

5PC24

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My dealer advised me a few weeks ago that dropping tow would likely get it built quicker. He stated that it was just wiring & hitch and that dealership can install those pre-delivery for only about $150 more than ordering the option. Seems he was right as my build is now scheduled for 12/19.
Sponsored