Sponsored

Is the WildTrak worth it over the Badlands ? ? ? ?

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What do you guys think with the added cost?

I know you get a few added thing with the Wildtrak but you also miss out on some cool stuff from the badlands like, Rock rails,better bash plates,bumpers,Electronic disconnect just to name a few.

Seems like the Wildtrak should have more to it and maybe not miss those good items from the badlands?

What do you guys think?
Sponsored

rigel

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan murano 2017
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It looks like it will depend on what you want to use the truck for. The wildtrak appears to be for those who wanna run dunes and stuff, i think.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The only items from Badlands that i wish came on wildtrak are the rubber floors and vinyl seats.

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, I like the Badlands. I'm gonna be bias on that point.

I've said it before, you can Wildtrak a Badlands, but you can't Badlands a Wildtrak. (sans sport mode)

Sponsored

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Think of it this way, you can build a Badlands to have everything a Wildtrack has, but you can't build a Wildtrack (that we know of) to have everything a Badlands has.

If you are going to load them up with every option, then it makes more sense to go with the Badlands for the swaybar disconnect. This feature is supposed to be exclusive to the Badlands and First Edition and may increase resale value.

If you are going to pick and choose options and don't plan to rock crawl ever, or will spend most of your time on the street, or maybe even just want carpeted floors, then go Wildtrack.

You really can't go wrong with either. The big bonus of the badlands is the swaybar disconnect.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Think of it this way, you can build a Badlands to have everything a Wildtrack has, but you can't build a Wildtrack (that we know of) to have everything a Badlands has.

If you are going to load them up with every option, then it makes more sense to go with the Badlands for the swaybar disconnect. This feature is supposed to be exclusive to the Badlands and First Edition and may increase resale value.

If you are going to pick and choose options and don't plan to rock crawl ever, or will spend most of your time on the street, or maybe even just want carpeted floors, then go Wildtrack.

You really can't go wrong with either. The big bonus of the badlands is the swaybar disconnect.
On the flip side, it seems like you can option a Wildtrak to have everything but the swaybar disconnect and washout flooring via additional options.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm interested to see how they do the carpet... It was stated there is a drain plug below so if the carpet is easy to remove (clips etc not secured with the trim) then we may have the best of both worlds...
I bet they do carpet the same way it's done in the Wranglers. It just drops in and theres a couple plastic fasteners that just slide over a couple metal studs to hold it in place. It is EXTREMELY easy to pull them out and put them back in. I used to pull mine in the summer every year and put them back in for winter, but I got lazy so they stay out year round.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It looks like it will depend on what you want to use the truck for. The wildtrak appears to be for those who wanna run dunes and stuff, i think.
This ^ if you were to just use them as they came from the factory it s a case pick the right tool for the job.

Sponsored

Mcfly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bet they do carpet the same way it's done in the Wranglers. It just drops in and theres a couple plastic fasteners that just slide over a couple metal studs to hold it in place. It is EXTREMELY easy to pull them out and put them back in. I used to pull mine in the summer every year and put them back in for winter, but I got lazy so they stay out year round.
Whatā€™s underneath? Just bare metal floor ( painted I would presume). Is exposing it more likely to bring on rust?

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Whatā€™s underneath? Just bare metal floor ( painted I would presume). Is exposing it more likely to bring on rust?
Floors are painted body color. I left my rubber floor mats in on top of it so that it would protect it a little and would be a little easier to keep clean. I have never had any interior rust issues and I live in Michigan so we salt the living crap out of our roads. This has also been my daily driver for 7 years and I think the carpets have been "permanently" removed for probably 4. They will go back in when I go to sell the Jeep in the spring to pay for my Bronco.

Most people that pull the carpets end up bed lining the floors whether it's spray on or roll on, but I didn't really see the need. I did spray rattle can bed liner from rustoleum into the little cubby in the cargo area floor so that my tools didn't tear up the paint. I believe jeeps with upgraded sound systems have subs in there and lose the cubby.

coolrain

Badlands
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger, 2014 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Floors are painted body color. I left my rubber floor mats in on top of it so that it would protect it a little and would be a little easier to keep clean. I have never had any interior rust issues and I live in Michigan so we salt the living crap out of our roads. This has also been my daily driver for 7 years and I think the carpets have been "permanently" removed for probably 4. They will go back in when I go to sell the Jeep in the spring to pay for my Bronco.

Most people that pull the carpets end up bed lining the floors whether it's spray on or roll on, but I didn't really see the need. I did spray rattle can bed liner from rustoleum into the little cubby in the cargo area floor so that my tools didn't tear up the paint. I believe jeeps with upgraded sound systems have subs in there and lose the cubby.
So if the floors are stamped the same way then the drain channels would be there and all you have to do is line it and you have both.... I canā€™t find it but I seem to remember that while the drain plug is there itā€™s not the same floor.... this will help me determine.... and of course the B/P

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So if the floors are stamped the same way then the drain channels would be there and all you have to do is line it and you have both.... I canā€™t find it but I seem to remember that while the drain plug is there itā€™s not the same floor.... this will help me determine.... and of course the B/P
Yeah I remember someone saying that too, but also stamping separate floors seems like a lot of effort from Ford to me. I think it may just be the drains themselves are different and then one floorpan gets sprayed with rubberized coating and the other gets body color paint.

The jeeps all come with rubber drain plugs in the floors as well and it does not take long at all to pull them, hose out the floors (or just let water drain if you got caught topless in a storm) and throw them back in.

Rubberized coating from the factory would be awesome, but you could easily bedline the floors yourself. Hardest part is the prep work. The jeep forums have loads of threads on this

Sal Gallo

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

i have priced both to be as closely matched as possible with the exception of the Sasquatch package on the Badlands. With the Lux package (that still leaves the difference of the interiors and the rear steel bumper) the BL was $680 less. If you wanted the Sasquatech on the BL It was $1,820 more. Iā€™m Sticking with the Badlands but still undecided whether or not to squatch it or not
Sponsored