Sponsored

Is the WildTrak worth it over the Badlands ? ? ? ?

Sal Gallo

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is with the 2.7 and auto as well? I think with that a s Sasquatch it’s even more.
I think that is basically correct But I think the BL excess cost becomes capped at $1,820. Essentially it becomes what you are paying for the sway bar disconnect, rock rails and the rear steel bumper. (Differences in the interior not withstanding.)
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You guys have me thinking now.. not holding my breath, but when the B&P comes out, maybe I'll add BL to the comparison of my Built up OBX and WT.

My largest concern (well besides the Sway bar disconnect long term reliability) is those Vinyl Seats and the blazing hot sun.

Besides money of course, I think I large driving factor will be interior choices. If my option is limited to Navy Blue... I'm out :)

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Besides money of course, I think I large driving factor will be interior choices. If my option is limited to Navy Blue... I'm out :)
If i buy a Raptor or Tremor first...i’m out.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I calculated that BL will be better than WT: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...onsidering-another-trim-now.4389/#post-149973

There is one issue though. Back in the days I needed Sport mode as a daily driver to have fun. I'll test Normal mode + 2.7. If it will be slow, I'll stuck with WT...
just for comparison sort of, I have a F150 3.5 and the 2.7 is very simular sport obviously is bat crazy, normal is perfectly great, its Ecomode that turns it into a sloth :)

Also its the A10 that gives you all the extra trail stuff its not model specific

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A Badlands equally equipped (V6, modular hardtop, mid package, Squatch) to the Wildtrak is going to run a $2-3k premium to account for hard core off-road bits. It's just a matter of finding a balance that fits your needs.

Sponsored

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
On second thought my second Bronco would be a Cyber Orange 4 Door Wildtrak like the one below

3BBB41AA-DB3B-402E-8921-A9758A3825B2.png
Exactly what I have ordered.....can't wait! I'm not ever doing any rock crawling....ever! But would like to see it done. Planning on going to the Bronco Roadeo near me to learn about off-roading. I know just enough to be dangerous! lol

MillerBuilt

Wildtrak
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 3500, Dodge 2500, F150, Mercedez E350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Does the Wildtrak have the double front wheel camera view? (Like the Badlands)

seems like that is more of a Rock crawl feature, but I would love it on my WT.

LostInArizona

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands non-sas 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have seen it mentioned several times that there are other subtle differences between the badlands and the wildtrack, aside from the Baja/Rock Crawl modes, and the sway bar. Like, a different suspension, wider stance, even seen a slight lift suggested. Obviously I can't confirm any of this, and I wish Ford would explain it a little more. That said you can get almost all of the features of the badlands otherwise, and in some cases its cheaper, depending on your options, than a fully optioned out Badlands.

That said, the trim level itself otherwise seems redundant for the most part. There is nothing in particular stopping a badlands from romping through the desert at 75 mph, although perhaps that is why they left the sway bar disconnect OFF the wild track? Maybe it doesn't like high speed impact?? Who knows? Certainly its not needed for Baja style driving, but the Baja mode itself is just software otherwise, so assuming the sway bar disconnect can take the abuse a badlands could probably give you the exact same experience.

In other words, I am suggesting that there must be differences other than the obvious for them to go to the lengths of offering a completely different trim level like that.

GoneAndDusted

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have seen it mentioned several times that there are other subtle differences between the badlands and the wildtrack, aside from the Baja/Rock Crawl modes, and the sway bar. Like, a different suspension, wider stance, even seen a slight lift suggested. Obviously I can't confirm any of this, and I wish Ford would explain it a little more. That said you can get almost all of the features of the badlands otherwise, and in some cases its cheaper, depending on your options, than a fully optioned out Badlands.

That said, the trim level itself otherwise seems redundant for the most part. There is nothing in particular stopping a badlands from romping through the desert at 75 mph, although perhaps that is why they left the sway bar disconnect OFF the wild track? Maybe it doesn't like high speed impact?? Who knows? Certainly its not needed for Baja style driving, but the Baja mode itself is just software otherwise, so assuming the sway bar disconnect can take the abuse a badlands could probably give you the exact same experience.

In other words, I am suggesting that there must be differences other than the obvious for them to go to the lengths of offering a completely different trim level like that.
All the ride along videos from MOAB and KOH were either Badlands or First Editions that both have the sway bar disconnect, and all showed high speed running in the desert.

LostInArizona

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands non-sas 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All the ride along videos from MOAB and KOH were either Badlands or First Editions that both have the sway bar disconnect, and all showed high speed running in the desert.
Yea that's exactly my point... there is no reason the badlands couldnt do any of the things a wildtrack can do, AND more. It seems weird that they would offer a trim that is presumably "higher" than the badlands, but is missing the key features of the badlands. If anything it should be lower (and much cheaper) than a badlands with a 2.7 and what not. Just seems like the black sheep of the lineup is all. I do understand what market segment they are aiming for but I would think if that were really the case, they would differentiate it a little bit more than they have. Perhaps call out details of whatever suspension differences it might have (if any), maybe add different fenders and flairs? Wider stance with longer travel arms? You know? Make it obviously a "baja" truck. Just defaulting it with the 2.7 and crap, that you can still get on all lower trims does not automatically make it a baja truck, and is not a good selling point imo.

Sponsored

MillerBuilt

Wildtrak
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 3500, Dodge 2500, F150, Mercedez E350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Does the Wildtrak have the double front wheel camera view? (Like the Badlands)

seems like that is more of a Rock crawl feature, but I would love it on my WT.
bump

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Badlands has Baja mode. It has Rock Crawl instead of Sport though. There's nothing mechanically different about the Wildtrak than any other trim with Sasquatch and a 2.7

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
What do you guys think with the added cost?

I know you get a few added thing with the Wildtrak but you also miss out on some cool stuff from the badlands like, Rock rails,better bash plates,bumpers,Electronic disconnect just to name a few.

Seems like the Wildtrak should have more to it and maybe not miss those good items from the badlands?

What do you guys think?
When I loaded up the BL and the WT, the BL was a few hundred more. But I ended up with the BL as my final choice anyway. While I love the look of the WT, with the gloss black grille, I really wanted MGV. Also, the grille could easily be swapped out later I guess.

If the WT had more to it, it would be encroaching on the FE.

Last edited:

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I built both many times on the build and price, the BL always came up more money. BL has stuff that I really wanted. MGV the biggest one, then sway bar disconnect then rubber flooring. I do like the grill and wheels better on the WT.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The badlands cost more than the wildtrak when I priced out what I wanted...plus still no fog lights.
Sponsored