gdgraph

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I put in an order in early Dec for a Wildtrak with hardtop. My dealer’s manager is swearing up and down that I’ll get an assignment/build date within 3-4months (he said he’s had some as early as 1 month but nothing longer than 4 months), and then it wouldn’t be more than a month after that to deliver to the dealer. So latest I’m looking at is May.

I can also get a 2022 4Runner TRD Pro at sticker and have that by the end of the month. My only issue is that they will likely have a redesign in 2023 or 24 and the 5th gen been around since 2010. The Wildtrak I test drive was so smooth and accelerated and braked significant better than my current Tacoma TRD Pro. Should I just hold out for the Bronco?
Sponsored

Johare11

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Plymouth Sport Satellite
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Did the dealer mention May of what year? Good luck

Colorado buff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner 2000, Mini Cooper convertible
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I put in an order in early Dec for a Wildtrak with hardtop. My dealer’s manager is swearing up and down that I’ll get an assignment/build date within 3-4months (he said he’s had some as early as 1 month but nothing longer than 4 months), and then it wouldn’t be more than a month after that to deliver to the dealer. So latest I’m looking at is May.

I can also get a 2022 4Runner TRD Pro at sticker and have that by the end of the month. My only issue is that they will likely have a redesign in 2023 or 24 and the 5th gen been around since 2010. The Wildtrak I test drive was so smooth and accelerated and braked significant better than my current Tacoma TRD Pro. Should I just hold out for the Bronco?
Hold out for bronco morning 6th gen Toyota.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Your dealer meant to say soft top, not hard top.

Sponsored

AlpineDescent

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wait for the Bronco, it’s a much better vehicle.

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You're asking a fairly skewed population of people. If you don't get a resounding "wait for the Bronco, but you shouldn't be surprised if you get it after May 2022," I'll eat my hat.

Richie

Wildtrak
First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor, 2001 XJ, 1989 LX Mustang, 17 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This depends on what YOU want out of your vehicle. TFL has a pretty good comparison of the two. Bronco is more capable, you can take the doors and roof off. If you get a 4Runner you can sit around with all the Toyota fanboys and talk about how reliable your SUV is while utilizing all of the Toyotas 10-year-old tech.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It’s worth the wait I just got my 2 door black diamond Sasquatch its the only 2 door in the area and evryone can’t stop pointing at it checking it out drooling over it..

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Underpo

Underpowered... Loved sitting in our SR5 Four runner. Hated driving it.... especially up hills, grades or passes.
Ah yes, forgot about the trans constantly hunting gears.

choppersean

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands Sasquatch, 2-door, EG, 2.7, Auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nobody here will dissuade you from a Bronco in this Bronco echo chamber. I once had a friend of a friend try to convince me his SUZUKI samurai was the greatest 4x4 that was ever built………because that is what he had and that is what he chose. That tribalism is real…..silly as that is. 4-Runner has been my next choice vehicle for the last 3 or 4 years……close to a Rubicon. I have had several Toyotas and they have had less issues and more problem-free miles than all of my other vehicles. I have had two early Broncos, however, and am willing to wait for my Badlands.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
4Runner is dated af.

Vantcrst

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Ford F-150, Mercedes 4x4 Sprinter Van,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Love Toyota and have driven them consistently for the last 30 years. My current DD is a 2004 4Runner. That said you can’t take the doors/roof off the 4Runner and the interior and tech are super dated.
Sponsored