Moez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands, 2007 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I put in an order in early Dec for a Wildtrak with hardtop. My dealer’s manager is swearing up and down that I’ll get an assignment/build date within 3-4months (he said he’s had some as early as 1 month but nothing longer than 4 months), and then it wouldn’t be more than a month after that to deliver to the dealer. So latest I’m looking at is May.

I can also get a 2022 4Runner TRD Pro at sticker and have that by the end of the month. My only issue is that they will likely have a redesign in 2023 or 24 and the 5th gen been around since 2010. The Wildtrak I test drive was so smooth and accelerated and braked significant better than my current Tacoma TRD Pro. Should I just hold out for the Bronco?

I work for Toyota Corp and can say with certainty that the 4Runner redesign should be announced this summer, 2023. Tacoma is scheduled for a 2024 redesign.

I have a Bronco on order, but am hoping the 4Runner will check all of my boxes. I had a 2019 TRD Pro in Voodoo Blue before getting a 2020 Tacoma for the additional towing capacity.
Sponsored

OP
OP

gdgraph

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I work for Toyota Corp and can say with certainty that the 4Runner redesign should be announced this summer, 2023. Tacoma is scheduled for a 2024 redesign.

I have a Bronco on order, but am hoping the 4Runner will check all of my boxes. I had a 2019 TRD Pro in Voodoo Blue before getting a 2020 Tacoma for the additional towing capacity.
Does announce this summer mean can't get one until Jan of 2023 like with the Tundra's? And I'd want a TRD Pro, so I'm guessing they won't hit dealers until about summer of 2023 so realistically I'm looking at winter of 2023 because if I'm not willing to pay MSRP for one on the lot so I'll have to get on a few dealer's waitlists and wait it out. So sounds like I'm looking at at least a 2 year wait.

If I were to buy a 2022 4runner TRD Pro at MSRP, I assume I wouldn't loose much if I traded it in for a 6th gen in 2024?

STRATUS

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport, C8 Corvette Spyder
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
IT IS WORTH THE WAIT!!! If you must have something, get a vehicle to get you through until it gets here. Got mine 2 days before Christmas and I LOVE it!!!
New wheels this week!!
lizzy 2.jpg
Nice Wildtrak. What tire/wheel combo did you choose?

AB6EC828-563E-4EE1-97A0-17617E649A63.jpeg

JCAntimatter

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 4Runner TRD PRO, Acura MDX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Love the Bronco, but def miss the 4Runner.

tempImage78EmrK.png

tempImageQFJdSV.png

timstrong20

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Toyota Venza and 2020 Honda Civic Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I put in an order in early Dec for a Wildtrak with hardtop. My dealer’s manager is swearing up and down that I’ll get an assignment/build date within 3-4months (he said he’s had some as early as 1 month but nothing longer than 4 months), and then it wouldn’t be more than a month after that to deliver to the dealer. So latest I’m looking at is May.

I can also get a 2022 4Runner TRD Pro at sticker and have that by the end of the month. My only issue is that they will likely have a redesign in 2023 or 24 and the 5th gen been around since 2010. The Wildtrak I test drive was so smooth and accelerated and braked significant better than my current Tacoma TRD Pro. Should I just hold out for the Bronco?
I Reserved the WT in July 21 and ordered in Oct 21. I will be happy just getting it in 22. I also like the 4Runner, but they are redesigning it in 23. Ultimately get what you really want. I can wait, but I would consider a 23 Toyota. Good luck

Sponsored

timstrong20

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Toyota Venza and 2020 Honda Civic Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Love the Bronco, but def miss the 4Runner.

Ford Bronco Is the Wildtrak worth the wait or should I buy a 4Runner TRD Pro tempImageQFJdSV

Ford Bronco Is the Wildtrak worth the wait or should I buy a 4Runner TRD Pro tempImageQFJdSV
I like your wheel and tire combo. What wheels are those and do you have any closer pics of them? Nice Bronco...

JCAntimatter

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 4Runner TRD PRO, Acura MDX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I like your wheel and tire combo. What wheels are those and do you have any closer pics of them? Nice Bronco...
Stealth Custom Series (SCS) Ray 10's

tempImage7ucc75.png

52EC5AED-2EBD-46BC-BBF8-4112C500373B.jpeg

tempImageu908pT.png

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base

VERY doubtful you'll get your Wildtrak in May and you might have to wait a full year.

I have a BaseSquatch 2.7 which is a WT without unnecessary bells and whistles. I love the Bronco, but owned a 4 Runner for 7 years and absolutely loved that. Getting a new TRD Pro at MSRP is a great deal in today's crazy market. Given the fact that life is short, I might be inclined to get the 4 Runner and enjoy it for the next year. You could order the WT and probably get what you paid (or close) for the 4 Runner if you decide to switch. There will be people who won't like the next gen 4 Runner and will be happy to buy the last model year.

That said, I'm excited to see what Toyota brings for the next gen. If the Tundra is any indication, the new 4 Runner should be pretty awesome. They will probably jack the price pretty good too.

My advice: Buy the 4 Runner AND order a BaseSquatch which will save you about $7-8000 for essentially the exact same vehicle. Sell the 4 Runner when the Bronco arrives and pocket a couple grand on the trade.

Heart2

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I would not buy a 4Runner this close to the redesign. I've had one. They are reliable and have great resale value, but they are a little short on powertrain, tech and looks IMO.

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Nice Wildtrak. What tire/wheel combo did you choose?
I kept the general grabbers on my Black Diamond but went with the KMC Dirty Harry wheels in a 17x8.5 with +18 offset. Very small poke. I love them! I will upgrade tires later. Getting ready to add front mudflaps even though I do not want to. To many rocks being thrown, even before the new wheels. I already have a pretty bad chip on the drivers door.

Ford Bronco Is the Wildtrak worth the wait or should I buy a 4Runner TRD Pro lizzy 3

Sponsored

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Getting a new TRD Pro at MSRP is a great deal in today's crazy market.

My advice: Buy the 4 Runner AND order a BaseSquatch which will save you about $7-8000 for essentially the exact same vehicle. Sell the 4 Runner when the Bronco arrives and pocket a couple grand on the trade.
I was thinking exactly this, I casually shopped for a TRD Pro in NJ before ordering my Bronco. Zero dealer inventory to speak of and certainly tough to find at MSRP. You could easily drive that 4Runner for 1-2 years and get nice trade-in dollars when Ford decides to build your WT.

MRuby

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Love my Wildtrak. Was a first 5 minute reservation holder and finally got it in October.
Runs great, looks great. Can't give you any 4 runner experience, only Bronco.

Bronco.jpg

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am a 2nd day reservation holder and I am still looking at fall of this year to get my build. I thinking your dealer is blowing you smoke .

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Get the Toyota if you're not a patient person.
Sponsored