Sponsored

Is there a big difference in the 2.3 and 2.7 with Sasquatch Package?

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

dude, you're young. I'm 51 and still want more power.
Right. I’m a 35 yr old mother of 2 youngins and I will not budge on the 2.7. If the Raptor version was in my budget I’d be waiting for that release, LOL.
Sponsored

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I mean - you are talking 26 years in technological & mechanical improvements. Apples to Oranges, lol. If you actually have to compare a vehicle to something so outdated to feel better about it, OUCH, lol….
I was just about to write something like this.

nick112288

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I mean - you are talking 26 years in technological & mechanical improvements. Apples to Oranges, lol. If you actually have to compare a vehicle to something so outdated to feel better about it, OUCH, lol….
I was just about to write something like this.
It's all relative. Yes 2 different vehicles but it's also really hard to call a new 2.3 Bronco slow compared to an almost 8,000 lb truck with a whopping 160hp when brand new. Yeah it had 400 lb/ft of torque, but it wasn't getting there fast. My point was if you want to call it slow, there are lots of other metrics out there that prove it isn't.

That's no different than you guys saying the 2.7 is fast! Ok go hop in a Corvette, that 2.7 is now slow.

I want a manual. Way more than I want the higher power of the 2.7. So until the 2.7 has a manual, that means 2.3 for me!

Moose84

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I ordered mine with the 2.7 because all I can think of is my father saying "That's not enough engine for a vehicle that large!" Technology has changed, but I still can't get over it.

That said, the dealer told me that the 2.7 will add to my wait time significantly. Anyone know why, by the way?

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Get the 2.7. People drive with a lead foot today and even the econo boxes are getting faster. I have a hard time keeping up with traffic with my 97 TJ with 4.0 six, 5 speed manual. I only have 31" tires on it and it's already got intake, Banks Header and Banks CAT back exhaust. Super slow. Some of these people driving must have it floored everywhere the way they pull away from me.

I test drove a 2.7 Wildtrack a couple of weeks ago. I thought it was so fast- shifted so fast too. The difference in MPG between the 2.3 and 2.7 is almost nothing- a brick in the wind with 35" tires is what it is. If you really want the best possible gas mileage get the 2.3 with automatic and the small tires.

Sponsored

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I expect both engines to get VERY similar MPG.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's all relative. Yes 2 different vehicles but it's also really hard to call a new 2.3 Bronco slow compared to an almost 8,000 lb truck with a whopping 160hp when brand new. Yeah it had 400 lb/ft of torque, but it wasn't getting there fast. My point was if you want to call it slow, there are lots of other metrics out there that prove it isn't.

That's no different than you guys saying the 2.7 is fast! Ok go hop in a Corvette, that 2.7 is now slow.

I want a manual. Way more than I want the higher power of the 2.7. So until the 2.7 has a manual, that means 2.3 for me!
Do you use that same reasoning with computers?

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I really think I'm going to end up downgrading to the 2.3 with sasquatch. I'll be 36 soon and my days of driving like Vin Diesel are coming to an end.
Bro, you better buy an old camry. With that mindset you are already 75 years old.

No seriously, 36 and thinking that your glorious day are ending? Heck no! The 30's are the best until you get to the 40's that are even better.

nick112288

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Do you use that same reasoning with computers?
I sure can. At work I have 2 computers. One is the oldest computer on the network, the other is relatively new. I can do the same tasks on them, but if I'm thinking my newer computer isn't running the greatest and is a little sluggish currently, I just remind myself I could be attempting to do it on my other computer.

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I ordered mine with the 2.7 because all I can think of is my father saying "That's not enough engine for a vehicle that large!" Technology has changed, but I still can't get over it.

That said, the dealer told me that the 2.7 will add to my wait time significantly. Anyone know why, by the way?
Because there is higher demand for the 2.7s. I'm curious how much of a increase in wait time it really equals though. Worth it to me.

Sponsored

John Whammer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So since the beginning I've been deadset on the 2.7 and sasquatch, However, as of late I've been strongly considering downgrading to the 2.3. I know the 2.7 has more oomph, but realistically in stop and go city traffic with the occasional highway driving, is the 2.3 really much of a downgrade realistically? My main reasoning is MPG, but won't that go out the window with the sasquatch package?
Just curious what others on here who have driven either or both think.
I test drove a 2.3 squatch yesterday and it had plenty of power. I took it to a very steep incline and gave it some juice. I was pushed back into my seat. It has plenty of power.

I initially (read, up until yesterday) shared your concern. I assure you the 2.3 retains enough “passing power” even when driving up a very steep incline.

I was really quite pleasantly surprised. But I guess that’s why the mileage is what it is.

I really can’t stress enough that the vehicle was fantastic.

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I still felt the 2.7 was lacking, but it's at least acceptable (granted the 2.7 I drove was Sasquatch so maybe the big tires are holding it back too). Regardless, it's an engine that makes the truck feel more well rounded.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Early on the 2.7 was a constraint. I don’t think it’s still the case but it could’ve changed back to being one.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I sure can. At work I have 2 computers. One is the oldest computer on the network, the other is relatively new. I can do the same tasks on them, but if I'm thinking my newer computer isn't running the greatest and is a little sluggish currently, I just remind myself I could be attempting to do it on my other computer.
Thats some really bad “logic” when using it to buy a new product, but you do you.

Moose84

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Because there is higher demand for the 2.7s. I'm curious how much of a increase in wait time it really equals though. Worth it to me.
I figured I just didn't know if there was some other bottleneck. When I was at the dealership, they wouldn't even give me a ballpark date for an order with a 2.7.
Sponsored