Sponsored

Is there a big difference in the 2.3 and 2.7 with Sasquatch Package?

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I figured I just didn't know if there was some other bottleneck. When I was at the dealership, they wouldn't even give me a ballpark date for an order with a 2.7.
Mine didnt tell me that specifically but noone knows anything, anyways. He did think I'd have one of their earlier 2022s based on my build/place in line, especially if I go soft top (current plan since im petite and It will help me get the top down a lot more, even though it's ugly it makes more sense for me from a utility standpoint).. and he knows I won't go near the 2.3 :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored

nick112288

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thats some really bad “logic” when using it to buy a new product, but you do you.
Again my only logic is I want the manual. Do I think the 2.3 will be plenty? Yes, especially if the Mansquatch gets regeared even lower as some have speculated. If the 2.7 was available as a manual would I get it instead? Yes, but because I'd prefer the port/direct injection system than just DI

I was just saying if someone is worried about the 2.3 being slow, I have a vehicle that will make it seem like a rocket in comparison.

OP
OP
gentlemanbronco

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Bro, you better buy an old camry. With that mindset you are already 75 years old.

No seriously, 36 and thinking that your glorious day are ending? Heck no! The 30's are the best until you get to the 40's that are even better.
lol thanks I needed that kick in my rear haha

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I test drove a Badlands 2.3 auto and loved it. I have low standards for “fast” coming from a 2.3 Explorer. I don’t think I’ll ever need more than the 2.3, but I’m really leaning towards a “just cause” update from 2.3 to the 2.7 when the MY22 order banks open up. I’m sure I’d still love the 2.3. If what I’m reading here is correct about the 2.7 causing a significant delay, that might tilt me back to the 2.3 🤷🏻‍♂️

Sponsored

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
with a 2.3 / Auto , can you still get the 4.27 rear axle. ?????
following
Yes, that's what I have on my non-sas Big Bend. One note, pretty sure that 4.27 is costing me 1-2 mpg. But oh well!

fundelay

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Unicorn Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So since the beginning I've been deadset on the 2.7 and sasquatch, However, as of late I've been strongly considering downgrading to the 2.3. I know the 2.7 has more oomph, but realistically in stop and go city traffic with the occasional highway driving, is the 2.3 really much of a downgrade realistically? My main reasoning is MPG, but won't that go out the window with the sasquatch package?
Just curious what others on here who have driven either or both think.
I've driven a dealer model (4 door) with a lift kit and 35's. IMO, 2.3 has plenty of torque, pull, and is plenty fast especially for off road. I imagine others will disagree.

Squatchn'

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BaseSquatch, 2021 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
I question a lot of things about my build, but the one thing I do not question is going with the 2.3L. I currently drive a '19 Ranger with the 2.3 and it has plenty of power for my driving style. It still surprises me to this day how effortlessly I can pass people on the highway. I assume my future bronco with SAS will probably be slightly more sluggish due to the big tires, but I'm not buying this vehicle for off the line speed anyway.

gammaguybronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Titan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’d like the 2.7 over the 2.3, but I need a manual truck again. After watching YouTube videos of guys driving the manual with the 2.3…. It looks too fun. Which is what this truck should be. My only hesitation is if it will be a dog with the tires 35inches and over.

If a tune for more horses is a viable option, like it is with the Ranger, does anyone know how that will affect the longevity of the engine? I know it’s early, but I haven’t seen any posts on Ranger engines being blown with a stage 1 tune.

Sponsored

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So since the beginning I've been deadset on the 2.7 and sasquatch, However, as of late I've been strongly considering downgrading to the 2.3. I know the 2.7 has more oomph, but realistically in stop and go city traffic with the occasional highway driving, is the 2.3 really much of a downgrade realistically? My main reasoning is MPG, but won't that go out the window with the sasquatch package?
Probably makes a big difference. The squatch tires are a lot heavier and nearly 2x torque has to make a difference. I went base and will be putting some 285/75r16s (32.76") on them that are not much heavier than the stock AS tires. If you are not rock crawling or pulling a boat/trailer up some gnarly grades, 2.3 may do just fine.

Bronck

Base
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Drove them both
2.3 to the floor = Buzzzz
2.7 to the floor = Swooosh

Jelly81Raider

Base
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Respect to all points above. 1,100 miles on my 4 door base-squatch 2.3. I’m not truck guy. In fact, this is only my second new car purchase (Fusion right after college), so I agree, those of you who are used to larger, more powerful engines will find the 2.3 can feel a little wimpy at times. That being said, I’m fine in regular mode, and the sport mode is really great. Quick enough giddy-up for sure, almost to the point where I don’t use sport mode around town because there’s no point (this is in the city). I don’t think either side (2.3 / 2.7) will be disappointed if they order what they want. We’re all going to have different justifications for our specific purchases. So, get what you want! I can say with confidence, if you want a 2.3, you aren’t going to be dissatisfied. If you’re leaning 2.7, just do it! The up front cost is negligible and worth your peace of mind / not wondering “what if” if you get something you don’t want.

cokeefe

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a 2.3l Outer banks non sas and it has plenty of power to drive like a jack ass on the road. The only off roading I will do will be on Nantucket beaches at 10 MPH. It has all I need. All that said, I would have ordered the 2.7l if my dealer had actually called me to ask what options I wanted. I would imagine the 2.7l is smoother. The 2.3l still whines like the 4 banger it is.
Sponsored