Sponsored

Is there a factory security/alarm system option for the Bronco?

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I realized that I didn't see a security system listed as part of any Bronco model and didn't see anything in the options. Is there a factory security system that can be installed into the Bronco? Or do we have to go aftermarket?
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's misleading. The Bronco typically comes with what Ford is calling a "perimeter alarm" But it's not. the accessory catalog they add a module that plugs into the factory harness that actually provides more closely to what we think of a car alarm. You know if someone hits it the alarm goes off etc.

I don't believe there is anything factory that provides an alarm if someone say reaches in with your doors off or your top down.

Frankly, the alarm feature is still one of those items that is unclear as to what Ford meant.

OP
OP
tourproto

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The info for the security system is very confusing it sounds like some dweeb did a cut-copy-paste from something else, edited part of it and left the rest (for the other device)

Details:

Use your factory key fobs to arm and disarm, helps provide contents protection too

• When there’s sufficient impact to the glass or a body panel, the 2-stage shock sensor determines whether to issue a warning chirp or full alarm
  • When activated by your Ford Dealer, the Basic Remote Start System is also included; start your vehicle from up to 300’ away
  • Parking lights remain on during remote start so you know the engine is idling
  • Run time and other features are easily programmed through the vehicle’s driver information center
Why the heck is "Basic Remote Start" info in the details section of a security system?

The lack of good/accurate information from Ford on stuff like is just ridiculously bad.

Sponsored

TrippR

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The info for the security system is very confusing it sounds like some dweeb did a cut-copy-paste from something else, edited part of it and left the rest (for the other device)

Details:

Use your factory key fobs to arm and disarm, helps provide contents protection too

• When there’s sufficient impact to the glass or a body panel, the 2-stage shock sensor determines whether to issue a warning chirp or full alarm
  • When activated by your Ford Dealer, the Basic Remote Start System is also included; start your vehicle from up to 300’ away
  • Parking lights remain on during remote start so you know the engine is idling
  • Run time and other features are easily programmed through the vehicle’s driver information center
Why the heck is "Basic Remote Start" info in the details section of a security system?

The lack of good/accurate information from Ford on stuff like is just ridiculously bad.
My BL is due to arrive to Portland in early December, and I'm going to blow some Ford Points to buy the Perimeter Plus alarm and have it installed locally. Once done, I'll do a full review to share if it's worth the money. With a soft-top, I want to provide what protection I can up front.

The Bronze

First Edition
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1967 Ford Bronco, 1993 Turbo Notchback, 2006 Sierra K1500, 2013 Sierra K1500, 2014 Sienna Mini-Van
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

While trailering the Bronco back from Granger, I had locked the doors. It took me a few minutes to figure out why the lights were flashing and the horm was honking. Perimeter alarm was detecting the motion as I pulled out of the truck stop. Not sure how sensitive it is: I unloaded it at home, drove it to the airport and won’t get to mess with it for a few more days. I will update this once I get a chance to play with it.

acbaldwi`

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep Wrangle, 2005 for Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OK so here was what ive found out...

The factory setup is say someone opens your door when its locked (obviously windows would have to be down, this would /could trigger the alarm.

To get a shock sensor you would need to add ML3Z19A361A this comes with the needed wiring harness and is installed behind the glovebox

No LED flasher comes with it for that you would need DM5Z19D596A which will require a hole drilled in the dash or wherever you want the light it plugs into the above shock sensor.

If you ordered these through accessories.ford.com it comes to about 309.33 installed. Your mile may vary on that.

I had this installed today on my bronco and now if you bump into the bronco when it is armed the bronco honks a warning and then i assume ( i didnt try) it will go into full alarm with additional bumps.

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The factory setup is say someone opens your door when its locked (obviously windows would have to be down, this would /could trigger the alarm.

To get a shock sensor you would need to add ML3Z19A361A this comes with the needed wiring harness and is installed behind the glovebox

No LED flasher comes with it for that you would need DM5Z19D596A which will require a hole drilled in the dash or wherever you want the light it plugs into the above shock sensor.

If you ordered these through accessories.ford.com it comes to about 309.33 installed. Your mile may vary on that.

I had this installed today on my bronco and now if you bump into the bronco when it is armed the bronco honks a warning and then i assume ( i didnt try) it will go into full alarm with additional bumps.
Did your Badlands come with the regular Perimeter Alarm? Or did you just go straight to Perimeter Plus (ML3Z19A361A)?

I still can't seem to get a straight answer between the Perimeter Alarm that comes standard on my First Edition and what I get if I upgrade to the Perimeter+ version.

acbaldwi`

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep Wrangle, 2005 for Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did your Badlands come with the regular Perimeter Alarm? Or did you just go straight to Perimeter Plus (ML3Z19A361A)?

I still can't seem to get a straight answer between the Perimeter Alarm that comes standard on my First Edition and what I get if I upgrade to the Perimeter+ version.
it came with the supplied "perimeter " system that doesn't do any type of shock or vibration sensor... i added that essentially with the aforementioned parts

Sponsored

Captain nSANEo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How has that Perimeter alarm plus been working for you all? Worth it?

LSTLAF

First Name
Glort
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sphere shaped craft
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have the Perimeter +, was installed at Granger. I'm sure its just a software add-on.

Here's my experience:

I just accidentally bumped into the door handle while parked in the garage and it let me know about it (honk). If it detects anything more violent like motion, glass, etc...it will alarm.

If you do not get the memo (Ford Pass alert) the Bronco will alert you to an event when you unlock it (by honking).

Here's a video...

JetG

First Edition
First Name
Jet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Macan Turbo w/PP & 2016 911 Turbo Vert
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

I had this installed today on my bronco and now if you bump into the bronco when it is aed the bronco honks a warning and then i assume ( i didnt try) it will go into full alarm with additional bumps.
Do you have instructions on where to wire behind the glovebox? Pictures of the installation?

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do you have instructions on where to wire behind the glovebox? Pictures of the installation?
I bet we could get @flip to get us a diagram of lo action of plug. Really wish the dealer would have informed us of the difference and I would’ve added it on at the time of order.

Guess I will order thru http://levittownfordparts.com/ since they seem to have better pricing.
Sponsored