Sponsored

Is there a setting to completely shut down when you turn the engine off?

CooterBrownATX

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't like that the radio and other features continue to operate when you turn off the engine. The engine auto start/stop feature also makes it confusing if your vehicle is actually still running or not. Twice, I thought I hit the button squarely and went into a store while my Bronco continued to run. I've never owned a car with this feature and it's annoying AF.

Is there a setting to turn this off? I want everything to turn off when I hit stop. I could not find anything in the Settings menu.
Sponsored

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't like that the radio and other features continue to operate when you turn off the engine. The engine auto start/stop feature also makes it confusing if your vehicle is actually still running or not. Twice, I thought I hit the button squarely and went into a store while my Bronco continued to run. I've never owned a car with this feature and it's annoying AF.

Is there a setting to turn this off? I want everything to turn off when I hit stop. I could not find anything in the Settings menu.
Everything should stop as soon as you open the door if you did in fact turn off the engine/ignition.

OP
OP

CooterBrownATX

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Everything should stop as soon as you open the door if you did in fact turn off the engine/ignition.
That's the thing. I don't want to be out of the vehicle before realizing it's not off. I just want this thing to shut down and not assume I'm going to sit in my car like a weirdo.

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's the thing. I don't want to be out of the vehicle before realizing it's not off. I just want this thing to shut down and not assume I'm going to sit in my car like a weirdo.
It should shut the screen/radio down as you pull the door handle to exit.

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’m confused what the issue is. Once you put it in park, ASS is automatically disabled. Once you’re in park and hit the engine start/stop button you should see the shutdown animation on the gauge cluster panel. The radio will continue to be on/play. But once you open the door everything should shut off. So if it doesn’t shut off when you open the door, that’s your clue the Bronco is still running.

Sponsored

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dude just keep you keys in your pocket, you'll get a nice double honk when you go into the store and your vehicle is still on. Then you'll find the setting to turn that off cause it is in fact far more annoying.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd open the door before getting out. :ROFLMAO:

Once it's open it shuts down. I'm usually still seated at that point.

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Question - how does this work if you've removed the doors?
Good question. I don't know for sure, but I would think that with doors off, the rig would sense that the door is "open" as soon as you stop the engine, and react accordingly (turn off radio, etc.)...

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think anything can be done here on the vehicle settings, you'll have to change your habits. I'm not sure what I did to get over this myself but heck my last vehicle was 10 years older and it did the same thing so this isn't exactly new behavior.

Sponsored

heavyD

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 BMW X3M Competition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OP do you have a habit of sitting in your vehicle for a while after shutting it off, maybe to enjoy a quiet cigarette or something? This is the only reason I could see this as being an inconvenience. As with most modern cars the audio and other electronics will all turn off the moment you open the drivers door.

LSTLAF

First Name
Glort
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sphere shaped craft
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
An engine running at 0 RPM's is basically shut down. A quick glance at the dash will indicate status.

Plus, if you lock your Bronco after exiting with it running, you should also get the double honk...indicating that it's still running.

PavementPrincess

Badlands
First Name
Asha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you sit there long enough everything will eventually shut off without opening the door...at least its that way in the Mustang.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd open the door before getting out. :ROFLMAO:

Once it's open it shuts down. I'm usually still seated at that point.
So, we aren't supposed to climb out of the open roof? Hmm...

Bendbig21

Big Bend
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 S10, 2019 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Good question. I don't know for sure, but I would think that with doors off, the rig would sense that the door is "open" as soon as you stop the engine, and react accordingly (turn off radio, etc.)...
I'm with you, you have to unplug the door before you can take it off! One way to tell for sure with doors off and you shut down radio shuts off immediately your good!
Sponsored