Sponsored

Is there a way to get on a First Edition Waiting List?

david

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The website kept crashing for me until early this morning at which point the First Edition showed fully reserved. I got to the last step last night and thought it reserved but it didn’t take. This morning I went in and reserved a Badlands, but after I upgrade the engine to 2.7 and transmission to automatic, I’m quickly approaching the same cost.

Is there a way to get on a First Edition waiting list? I called 2 dealers, one of which said if I bring $500 to them I can reserve a First Edition and the other said they aren’t aware of Ford Bronco release yet ? but I do assume there are definitely some folks that reserved a First Edition that will downgrade to a different package or not purchase a Bronco. Just how would I even get on a list?

Or someone console me, hold me, and tell me it is ok that I reserved a Badlands and that was the right decision and best model comparable to a Rubicon. ?
Sponsored

c2one

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

As a proud owner of a First Edition reservation, Im waiting to see what else gets shared.
what was that purchase experience like? Do you still own that vehicle? In your opinion, do first editions retain more value?

BroncoHooves

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

what was that purchase experience like? Do you still own that vehicle? In your opinion, do first editions retain more value?
This is the first year, so we have no idea what resale will look like when the 2022 models come out.

There are alot of collectors though that love to buy first year remakes of a vehicle that have been on a long hiatus, especially a limited run trim/vehicle like the First edition. Some of those collectors are the kind where they'll buy it with every intention of storing it with 0 miles in an air conditioned building and sell it in XX amount of years.

GreenLantern

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford.

Ford needs to develop this functionality on their website and start taking names. I'd be all over it.

Spd1294

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ
dealers have no capacity to put you into the reservation list. anyone making any such promises is just banking that they'll be able to scheme their way into a unit somehow. Fords allocating based on preorders, if you dont have a preorder with them, theres no unit being built.

I am sure that ford probably took WAY more than 3500 requests, and once they figure out which way is up, will start to send out the wait list messages, THOSE will be the reserves. They probably should have taken a larger deposit for first edition to discourage squatters. its fine to pad the preorders, but for a limited edition build, it makes it complicated.

As a proud owner of a First Edition reservation, Im waiting to see what else gets shared.

I have some inklings that I may not like the interior on the first edition. Im also worried that we have not seen the last of the special editions... in fact... I suspect we havent even seen the last of the 21MY special editions... perhaps there will be a spiritual successor to the first edition to come along later in the year. lets be real honest... the first edition was the most expensive trim, and if someone wants a fully loaded bronco, Fords not going to deny them that.

22MY might bring something that will leave first edition owners a little salty...
Received a text from my point of contact at my local Ford dealership today. I’m all locked in on my 4 door First Edition.

Sponsored

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

dealers have no capacity to put you into the reservation list. anyone making any such promises is just banking that they'll be able to scheme their way into a unit somehow. Fords allocating based on preorders, if you dont have a preorder with them, theres no unit being built.

I am sure that ford probably took WAY more than 3500 requests, and once they figure out which way is up, will start to send out the wait list messages, THOSE will be the reserves. They probably should have taken a larger deposit for first edition to discourage squatters. its fine to pad the preorders, but for a limited edition build, it makes it complicated.

I have some inklings that I may not like the interior on the first edition. Im also worried that we have not seen the last of the special editions... in fact... I suspect we havent even seen the last of the 21MY special editions... perhaps there will be a spiritual successor to the first edition to come along later in the year. lets be real honest... the first edition was the most expensive trim, and if someone wants a fully loaded bronco, Fords not going to deny them that.

22MY might bring something that will leave first edition owners a little salty...
Totally agree, there needs to be a replacement for the First Edition. You don't produce a top of the line Bronco and only make 3500 units, to much money left on the table for Ford if they did. My guess is the Warthog(Raptor) will be replacing the First Edition in the Lineup. We already know the Warthog was a name Ford trademarked, it would only make sense that it would take the fully loaded position in the Lineup. I'll bet we'll be seeing one sooner than later. As there's a lot of folks that missed out on the FE that would gladly buy a Warthog or what ever Ford decides to call it. Personally I was thinking about waiting for the Warthog/Raptor to come out but as soon as I saw the FE was a loaded up Bronco I reserved one.

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Is there clarity on 3500 total or 3500 2 drs and 3500 4 drs available? After seeing all the posts I wonder if they oversold?

hotcorner

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, 997tts, 1m, RRSport, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Isnt First Edition just a fully spec'd Badlands with a few custom stickers and "Unique Interior"? The Jeep Gladiator Launch edition was a disaster, didn't even arrive at dealers first.

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Isnt First Edition just a fully spec'd Badlands with a few custom stickers and "Unique Interior"? The Jeep Gladiator Launch edition was a disaster, didn't even arrive at dealers first.
Pretty much from what I’ve heard and seen. Once you build it up it’s pretty much a FEat the same cost.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

"The First Edition Bronco is built for those who have waited patiently for Bronco’s return to the wild. The First Edition is a fully loaded Bronco combining the best parts of all Bronco Series. First edition uses the mechanicals of a Badlands, the interior of an Outer Banks, and exterior of a Wildtrak to create the ultimate fully loaded Bronco. This is a limited-edition run, with only 3,500 being manufactured. "

Sponsored

skerscher

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just sold 67 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The website kept crashing for me until early this morning at which point the First Edition showed fully reserved. I got to the last step last night and thought it reserved but it didn’t take. This morning I went in and reserved a Badlands, but after I upgrade the engine to 2.7 and transmission to automatic, I’m quickly approaching the same cost.

Is there a way to get on a First Edition waiting list? I called 2 dealers, one of which said if I bring $500 to them I can reserve a First Edition and the other said they aren’t aware of Ford Bronco release yet ? but I do assume there are definitely some folks that reserved a First Edition that will downgrade to a different package or not purchase a Bronco. Just how would I even get on a list?

Or someone console me, hold me, and tell me it is ok that I reserved a Badlands and that was the right decision and best model comparable to a Rubicon. ?

I had the same issue, but I assigned my wife and daughter to a computer and we all three kept trying to get a first edition for me. All I cared was me getting one. We all ended up getting one. We will not be buying 3 FEs. So yes there will be some turned back in. We may buy 2 of them and get rid of my daughters wrangler. My dealer has been pushing on me to sell one of mine to them, or someone that missed out that they know. So I am not sure how that will work either.

GreenLantern

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've been asking for this for weeks.

I was one of the folks sitting there trying to log in for a whole day and reserve the FE. By the time I managed to get help and/or the website "was fixed" it was all sold out.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have no doubt the FE that get cancelled will go to dealers to sell, as well as celebrities/VIPs.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Go to a dealer and tell them you will pay for one right now, and they will move you up the list.

don1n

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NSX
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Go to a dealer and tell them you will pay for one right now, and they will move you up the list.
No they won’t. All reservations are sold out.
Sponsored