Sponsored

Is there any difference in the brakes from Base to Wildtrack?

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am getting a BD and I plan to change out the wheels and tires immediately. I have been trying to figure out if the brakes on all of the Broncos have the same measurements.
KMC International has not been able to get their hands on a Bronco to measure it so they will not say whether any 17" wheels will fit or not. My wheel and tire guy was on the phone yesterday with the VP of R&D and they cannot commit to anything until they measure one. More conversations will be had Monday. If we can find out where they (KMC) wants a bronco brought to be measured, we are wondering if anyone that has theirs already (if close) would be willing to go there so they can measure. Thanks!!!
Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Several Bronco models come with 17's. The offset will be the deciding factor if you have fitment issues.

OP
OP
UNBROKN

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Several Bronco models come with 17's. The offset will be the deciding factor if you have fitment issues.
I get that. KMC wants to measure the Bronco. I am wondering if the discs and rotors re the same on them all. If they are the same, there should not be any problem fitting most 17" wheels because the base comes with 16" wheels. After that, the offset is what will make the biggest difference. If a 16" wheel with a +55 offset works, then a 17" wheel with an 18mm or 0mm offset will be fine (as long as the inside diameter/thickness of the wheel does not affect it).
Any thoughts on this @ZackDanger?

Last edited:

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The brakes are the same across the board. Where it might get tricky is at the wheel center. The shape of the wheel center could potentially interfere with the caliper.

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe the brake hardware is the same across the models but the brakes with the 2.7 gain electronic assist vs vacuum assist on the 2.3. Car and Driver's testing showed a 20 foot shorter stoping distance from a heavier model with the 2.7.

I also remember reading many complaints on the Ranger forum and road test reviews about it's brakes. The Ranger and the Bronco with the 2.3 may be the same, with the same issues.

Just another of the many benefits of the 2.7?
Sponsored