Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Besides a freer flowing exhaust, gains and noise? Lighter weight and better material
Sponsored

jackwise

Black Diamond
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Having a 2019 Navigator with the 3.5 turbo I can tell you that the 2.7 will always sound like a 1978 Datsun B210. When it starts up it will rattle like somebody stuck a tin can full of marbles under the car and once warmed up it will buzz like said Datsun. No rumble, no purring.

For you kids out there Datsun's were what you call Nissan's today but they were actually higher quality and far more interesting back in the 70's than they are today.

tokyo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm getting old I guess.. the absence of sound is my goal.

Seems Ford did a pretty good job on my F150 2.7.. I don't really notice the sound much, but then again my hearing is not what it used to be thanks to many years of motorbikes, guns and loud music in the 80's.

Use earplugs kids!

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Won't be able to hear shit over the sound of my tires and air rushing past open doors at whatever the legal speed limit is.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You can want your vehicle to sound good for yourself and your driving enjoyment.

Making it sound loud enough for the neighborhood to hear makes you "that guy". And why I moved outside of the city.

However, on topic: if you wanted the 2.7 because you had to have the biggest motor, congrats, it's a crummy sounding motor. Don't pop the hood, don't revv it for your friends, you keep that engine to yourself.

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You can want your vehicle to sound good for yourself and your driving enjoyment.

Making it sound loud enough for the neighborhood to hear makes you "that guy". And why I moved outside of the city.

However, on topic: if you wanted the 2.7 because you had to have the biggest motor, congrats, it's a crummy sounding motor. Don't pop the hood, don't revv it for your friends, you keep that engine to yourself.
You do not need the loudest exhaust; most people start modding with three items--exhaust, intake and a tune. I would be more concerned about the performance over sound. That goes for both the motors. Just saying.

Last edited:

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I kinda feel torn how quiet these cars are. For anybody who owned a 2.7 ecoboob. Is there any reason to mod it? can you give these engines any balls or is it really not worth it?
Have you driven something with a 2.7l?

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want exhaust sound delete if that ever becomes an after market option.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The engines are never going to sound like a V8 and that's okay.

This point, though, makes me hope for an active valve exhaust like the Mustang to keep it quiet when I want.
Sponsored