Sponsored

is there any way with Forscan or whatever else, to disable the "keep your hands on the wheel" warning?

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That stuff is seriously overbearing, credit ford for making a 35" tire track a flat road like an arrow, but Im driving and I have to input a little chicane just to get my gauge cluster back.

Its quite annoying, Id love to get rid of it... can forscan do that?
Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
That stuff is seriously overbearing, credit ford for making a 35" tire track a flat road like an arrow, but Im driving and I have to input a little chicane just to get my gauge cluster back.

God this has been driving me insane. I finally just had to turn lane keep assist off. I like having it on, but just couldn't take the endless BOOPBOOP BOOPBOOP BOOPBOOP anymore. Fucking ridiculous

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know there is a setting in the on-screen menu to turn off inattentive driver notifications. I don’t know if it only eliminates the suggested stop for coffee warnings, or also the “keep hands on the wheel” warning? 🤔

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just keep lane keep assist off. Useless and annoying anyway IMO

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ares

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I know there is a setting in the on-screen menu to turn off inattentive driver notifications. I don’t know if it only eliminates the suggested stop for coffee warnings, or also the “keep hands on the wheel” warning? 🤔
I will have to investigate that... its in the cluster menu, or in the infotainment?

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

God this has been driving me insane. I finally just had to turn lane keep assist off. I like having it on, but just couldn't take the endless BOOPBOOP BOOPBOOP BOOPBOOP anymore. Fucking ridiculous
Just about the same for me. 9 out of 10 times it wouldn’t bother me when it kicked in. I managed to disable audible alerts, but then it would turn the stereo volume down if I didn’t jiggle the steering wheel. 🙄 Hey Ford, your vehicle was aligned well from the factory! So little to no input is needed on a straight road! Stop telling me to put my hands on the wheel… they are!

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’ve never experienced any of this. But I’ve never turned LDW/LKAS on. Must be linked?

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’ve never experienced any of this. But I’ve never turned LDW/LKAS on. Must be linked?
Yea, it does it when you have lane keep assist on and don't wiggle the steering wheel for a (far too short) period of time.

Ford could fix it with a software update to lengthen the amount of time without input... but they won't.

Sponsored

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not only is it annoying but extremely inconsistent. I can drive for 40 min with one hand on the top of the steering wheel and nothing. Then all of the sudden every 45 sec it starts beeping about hand location and it won't matter how many hands or where your hands are, it's going to beep until I turn the the lane assist off....

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was worried there was something wrong with my Bronco and was going to take it in. Every single day on my drive home this happens, and it always happens in the same area. I'm like "I have a hand on the wheel, WTF!"

BroncoMax21

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was hoping this would fix it, but alas, no dice.
Even tried changing the lane keeping assist mode to aid only (instead of aid +alert) at the suggestion of a different vehicle forum with no luck

Maybe someday the FORScan magicians will surprise us!

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had to turn lane assist off too. First I thought I had a messed up tire on the highway with it. Way to sensitive. My suburban lane assist works damn good. That one actually activates when you hit the line, then steers it back into the lane itself. Get about 20 seconds hands off.

Wish ford did some other vibration then the grinding one they have now.

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Shoot me a message after 6 pm central and I'll look through the settings to see if anything looks promising to me.

But it'll be hard to verify...
Sponsored