Sponsored

Is this a feasible solution to get our Broncos stuck on dirt/ice mountain?

Richie

Wildtrak
First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor, 2001 XJ, 1989 LX Mustang, 17 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My wife and I's Wildtrak went into production in the 1/26 group. Est delivery was 2/13 for several weeks. During the last few weeks, the excitement was high and we decided to sell my wife's escape because I would be out of town and she could use my truck in the meantime. Then the news came out that we were pushed to 5/14 estimated delivery. Now we are down to one vehicle and looking back. We made a mistake and will have to figure out our one-vehicle situation for a few months.

My question to Ford is if you have 1000's of Bronco's sitting on dirt mountain waiting on a chip. Specifically, chips that may not affect the usability or safety requirements, why not come up with a plan to deliver the vehicles that are safe to drive and schedule a time to have the chips installed later at local dealerships as the supply constraints get worked out. Maybe I'm missing a ton of logistical information and this is a ridiculous proposal. Can anyone on 6G educate me on why this may not be possible or if this is something that might actually work out for us?
Sponsored

Big Diamond

Wildtrak
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco HOSS 3.0 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The 5 Stages of Grief:
1) Denial
2) Anger
3) Bargaining
4) Depression
5) Acceptance

As a fellow Ice Mountain convict, you've made it to stage 3 before me. I'm still between stages 1 & 2.

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The cost for Ford to pay the dealers for the repair is much greater than the cost to fix the Broncos on site.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We've already begged to have our Broncos with "cosmetically bad" tops while we waited for new ones. Ford is going to do what's easiest and cheapest for them, because every single Bronco made will sell regardless of how may reservationists are pissed.

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The auto industry is a highly regulated industry and has many unique challenges. They are not going to release an incomplete and unsafe vehicle to the dealer, who is well known to be deficient in scruples and tact. If they are willing to sell a vehicle out from under someone who ordered it special with a deposit, you can bet with confidence they would send incomplete, unsafe vehicles out on the road. Dealers are public. If it's not explicitly in Fords custody, it is in public, and it is Fords Liability, not the dealers. It isn't going to happen.

Sponsored

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Which chip would you be ok with omitting.
ABS
Airbags
EFI
It’s not possible.

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None. Wife's Kia is my part time wheels
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Still no movement here

markpilip

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My wife and I's Wildtrak went into production in the 1/26 group. Est delivery was 2/13 for several weeks. During the last few weeks, the excitement was high and we decided to sell my wife's escape because I would be out of town and she could use my truck in the meantime. Then the news came out that we were pushed to 5/14 estimated delivery. Now we are down to one vehicle and looking back. We made a mistake and will have to figure out our one-vehicle situation for a few months.

My question to Ford is if you have 1000's of Bronco's sitting on dirt mountain waiting on a chip. Specifically, chips that may not affect the usability or safety requirements, why not come up with a plan to deliver the vehicles that are safe to drive and schedule a time to have the chips installed later at local dealerships as the supply constraints get worked out. Maybe I'm missing a ton of logistical information and this is a ridiculous proposal. Can anyone on 6G educate me on why this may not be possible or if this is something that might actually work out for us?
Ford doesn't install chips. There are no wave soldering stations at the plant.

Ford assembles vehicles from pre-assembled components. Some of those components include computer chips.

If a chip is unavailable, Ford doesn't have the component.

Sometimes the vehicle can be manufactured without a component. If so, they do and park it somewhere until the component arrives.

If not, the vehicle isn't manufactured until the component arrives.

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Look at this guy, thinking he's the next coming of Christ, resurrecting this dead thread...

NamVet66-67

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Sport V6 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We've already begged to have our Broncos with "cosmetically bad" tops while we waited for new ones. Ford is going to do what's easiest and cheapest for them, because every single Bronco made will sell regardless of how may reservationists are pissed.
Sounds like; "Whats good for me, but not thee!
Sponsored