Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
Is this the tie rod on a Jeep or a front stabilizer? Because if this is the tie rod then I’m completely jealous… and I see why Ford has so many issues.
Ford Bronco Is this a Rubicon tie rod???!? IMG_7515
Sponsored

OMTBiker

Outer Banks
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Tremor AMB | 2022 OBX SAS HPR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yes that is the tie rod, that jeep either has the full-time 4wd option or is a 392, it has CV's and not u-joints.

OP
OP
Stick in the Mud

Stick in the Mud

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
Yes that is the tie rod, that jeep either has the full-time 4wd option or is a 392, it has CV's and not u-joints.
It’s a Rubicon 4xe, has 2H and a 4A yeah

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Kinda glossing over the fact that Jeep has a solid front axle... Litteraly a completely different animal.

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah well I was already jealous of that
Yeah Jeep has a completely different setup so you can't really compare the two. Kind of curious why you got a Bronco though if you wanted a solid front axle. One of the big reasons why I didn't buy a Wrangler is because it has a solid front axle.

But anyway, on many vehicles--but especially independent front suspension vehicles--the tie rod is the "fuse". It's designed to break first so you don't damage other components. Once the BroncBuster folks added braces to the tie rods, they effectively bypassed that fuse, and they quickly found they were damaging the steering rack. So they had to beef that up too.

It's the curse of off-road vehicles, and Jeep owners know the game well. You upgrade one component, you find a weak link in another component. You upgrade that component too and you quickly find there is yet another weak component. Rinse/repeat until you've spent tens of thousands of dollars on upgrades.

OMTBiker

Outer Banks
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah Jeep has a completely different setup so you can't really compare the two. Kind of curious why you got a Bronco though if you wanted a solid front axle. One of the big reasons why I didn't buy a Wrangler is because it has a solid front axle.

But anyway, on many vehicles--but especially independent front suspension vehicles--the tie rod is the "fuse". It's designed to break first so you don't damage other components. Once the BroncBuster folks added braces to the tie rods, they effectively bypassed that fuse, and they quickly found they were damaging the steering rack. So they had to beef that up too.

It's the curse of off-road vehicles, and Jeep owners know the game well. You upgrade one component, you find a weak link in another component. You upgrade that component too and you quickly find there is yet another weak component. Rinse/repeat until you've spent tens of thousands of dollars on upgrades.
Well said, I came from the Jeep side and am very familiar with: upgrade, break something else, upgrade. Rinse and repeat!

Jeeps are great for many things, especially hard off-roading. After 4 Jeeps and a Gladiator, we decided to go in a different direction since we do not do any hard-core off roading and hit mild trails (4-6), maybe a 7 here or there.

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why would you buy a Bronco if you want a solid front axle? Not trying to troll anyone here but IFS is the absolute best thing about the Bronco. If I wanted a rock crawler and don't mind shitty on road manners I would have kept my Jeep. The Bronco is a dream to drive on road trips compared to any Wrangler or Gladiator. Talk about wanting to get out of a car... drive a Jeep for more than two or three hours at highway speeds. Bronco is capable enough to take on the Rubicon trail in stock form (at least sasquatch) and still take me on 10 hr. + road trips without feeling fatigued. If I needed a solid front axle for an extensive and extended basis on the regular I would still have a Jeep. Not much else is different between them.

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

OMTBiker

Outer Banks
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Going off of the fact that you didn't know what that was, it's very easy to assume that you've never experience death wobble. Try that at 60 mph and report back about your jealousy of a solid axle.
Not sure I would go that far, I have never experienced death wobble (which was a good thing) in any of our Jeeps, even at 90+ MPH. Death wobble is not a certainty but is extremely common.

OP
OP
Stick in the Mud

Stick in the Mud

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s not a determining factor for me but honestly I thought the IFS would perform better.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

IFS does perform better.......... in certain circumstances. 😁

SuperDave150

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150, Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Kinda glossing over the fact that Jeep has a solid front axle... Litteraly a completely different animal.
It needs a tie rod that big to fight death wobble. And yet they all still get it - especially if they have tires bigger than the basic 31” and/or they are used for much actual off roading. 🤣
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.