redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ifs is more comfortable on the road ,but definitely more fragile.

I would not say IFS is fragile, it just needs to built properly. 😁

Ford Bronco Is this a Rubicon tie rod???!? 1674866626758
Sponsored

OP
OP
Stick in the Mud

Stick in the Mud

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From what I can tell, this phenomenon seems to occur most with worn out or modified suspensions. Not one person seems to have ever died from “death” wobble. Ironic Bronco owners would bring this up given tie rod snaps are just as dangerous. Not to mention engines blowing up.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

From what I can tell, this phenomenon seems to occur most with worn out or modified suspensions. Not one person seems to have ever died from “death” wobble. Ironic Bronco owners would bring this up given tie rod snaps are just as dangerous. Not to mention engines blowing up.

Well, I can say this, I owned solid axle vehicles that have had the tie rod snap in the parking lot before, always said "glad it didn't happen going down the road" 😁

Just pulled a Gladiator in the shop today to change the oil and rotate it's tires and the tie rod snapped pulling into the lift. It can happen in a solid axle just like an IFS.

The thing most miss is a rack and pinion steering has to have a beefy rack in order to have beefy tie rods. I have not seen an economical and beefy rack yet.

something like this is beefy but not made for the street, and NOT cheap.

Ford Bronco Is this a Rubicon tie rod???!? 1674868700200

Last edited:

mjohnso3

Black Diamond
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm not Jeep fan but I thought the latest Wrangler I drove was pretty descent on the road not as smooth as an IFS, old CJ's and first gen Broncos were all over the road, not easy to keep those in the lane and notorious for death wobble.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

with death as your metric…. No one has died not being able to rock crawl with IFS. People have died rock crawling with solid front axles.

Keyboard rock crawling is important though.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.