Sponsored

Is this a typo? 6.8L for F150 and Mustang in 2022?

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, my understanding is the Mustang is going to grow. Of course, I made that argument on Reddit and got down voted like crazy. But the Mustang does have room to grow on the C6 platform. If they do add AWD, I can't see it staying the same size or smaller. Plus it's advantageous to Ford because they could make a sedan version and compete with the M3/M4. There's also been talks about Lincoln getting a version of this.

As a former Mustang owner, it pains me to write such things, but we live in a world where Ford attached the Mustang name to an electric crossover...so these are crazy times. lol
I think the current Mustang is a good size but wouldn't to get bigger. It's mainly due to emissions and the regulations less strict the bigger you get. As long as the 5.0 sticks around I'm good with it getting bigger. Since the new Explorer/Aviator have a RWD set up it makes sense and cost affective for Ford to use that platform. The AWD option will probably a hybrid for, maybe what the Aviator has would work. But this isn't happening for a few years, maybe a 2024-2025 model.

I might get some hate for this but I don't think it's that bad that the Mach-E has the Mustang name. The Mach-E is supposed to appease Tesla buyers, and it's not that bad looking SUV. So they needed to make the electric CUV to be sporty and making it like a Mustang helped. Even if Ford made an electric Mustang pony car and was sold along side the original gas powered one, it's not a big deal to me. But if Ford replaced the gas power plants with only electric power train options I'd be pissed. The future will be electric in some way if we like it or not.
Sponsored

OP
OP
RedRiverRev

RedRiverRev

First Name
Herman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I might get some hate for this but I don't think it's that bad that the Mach-E has the Mustang name. The Mach-E is supposed to appease Tesla buyers, and it's not that bad looking SUV. So they needed to make the electric CUV to be sporty and making it like a Mustang helped. Even if Ford made an electric Mustang pony car and was sold along side the original gas powered one, it's not a big deal to me. But if Ford replaced the gas power plants with only electric power train options I'd be pissed. The future will be electric in some way if we like it or not.
That's why I think this is a bridge to get people used to the idea of electric and hybrids. Gen Z and Millennials have a weaker connected to N/A and big motors. The S650 will probably be a bridge to finally phase into a new market. They'll have the big block for the last remaining "purists", but they have to start transitioning everything over to electric. Thus the other part of the announcement of five electric vehicles in 2025.

Look at the announcement in California today. No new gas-powered cars will be sold in California starting in 2035 (we can debate whether that'll actually stick or not). So these V8s are going to be swan songs in the next generation. The generation after that will probably have to be 100% electric.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Now, I have to invest in a few GT350s since the death of the true Mustang is imminent.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Now, I have to invest in a few GT350s since the death of the true Mustang is imminent.
Pick me up a couple next time you're at the store. But yeah Shelbys are always a good investment even if they are front drive chryslers they are woth money.

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's why I think this is a bridge to get people used to the idea of electric and hybrids. Gen Z and Millennials have a weaker connected to N/A and big motors. The S650 will probably be a bridge to finally phase into a new market. They'll have the big block for the last remaining "purists", but they have to start transitioning everything over to electric. Thus the other part of the announcement of five electric vehicles in 2025.

Look at the announcement in California today. No new gas-powered cars will be sold in California starting in 2035 (we can debate whether that'll actually stick or not). So these V8s are going to be swan songs in the next generation. The generation after that will probably have to be 100% electric.
I hate that people are losing that connection to the original pony, it was ground breaking during it's time and it's rich history after the first gen. I get people don't think Ford should've gave the name Mustang to a SUV regardless of what the power plant is. I think the Mach-E will still do well because the Mach-E wasn't made for the enthusiasts, it was made for people that want electric SUVs or Teslas. I just hope to see the NA Mustang stick around even if it's with an electric option.

That's crazy and I think it's too optimistic but not realistic time frame. But if Ford can engineer a Mustang like the Mustang Lithium EV with a manual to production, that would get pretty close of trying to make enthusiasts happy with electric cars.

https://www.motor1.com/news/380563/ford-mustang-lithium-manual-sema/

OP
OP
RedRiverRev

RedRiverRev

First Name
Herman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Right? I thought about that the other day. If the S650 is really radical, we could see the S550 and previous generations go up in value.
Sponsored