First Name
TS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have been in correspondence with the rep at my dealer about sitting on both my wife’s and my reservations for ‘22my. We have two very early reservations. I got a message from the rep a little while ago stating they converted my reservations to generic orders so we wont lose our time stamps and coded them with a “99” so we will for sure be in the ‘22 books. Does this sound correct? I know other folks that are waiting and their dealers did not do this. Please help...
Sponsored

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is the correct way to handle it. A higher number of converted reservations, even with a 99 priority code, will increase the dealership's allocations.

Edit: This is exactly what I'm doing, with my day one reservation at Granger, while waiting for my ManSquatch.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We want ‘22 model years for the tops, new colors, etc.
Yes. What your dealer did seems to be the safest thing to do and in line with what Ford has said they should do.

Some dealers are just *not* entering the orders in... saving to do that for once the MY22 order banks open.

Sounds like you're good to go!
Ford Bronco Is this correct? Screen Shot 2021-02-16 at 15.34.20

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dealer rep is correct. Not to mention when the '22 order banks open up and your dealer places the actual order for build, you will retain your early timestamp for a '22. Those that do not do this by the March 19 deadline probably will lose their reservation and go to the back of the line if they decide to order at a later date.

Your Ford account should show as In Store Order if he converted it even as a "99.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Correct process if you're definitely staying with that dealer.

Personally, I don't believe a dealer should ever convert a reservation to an order without first consulting with the customer and obtaining their approval.
Sponsored