TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The answer to any question that begins with "Is this financially irresponsible?" is 99.7% likely to be yes. Don't even need to read the actual question.

I know, because of so many of my own experiences. ;)

Now bring on my Badlands 4dr LUX.
Sponsored

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I ended up deciding on the Black Diamond. My friend helped me work through the decision, "Just because you have bigger tires doesn't mean women are going to hop in and try to have sex with you."
WHAT?????

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wanted a Black Diamond, but it couldn't have the Mid Package with the Manual.

So I got a Badlands with a High Package.

I'm not smart.
EXACTLY! That makes two of us 🍻

Sponsored

Bud2020

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP sounds very familiar... :unsure:

:ROFLMAO:

Bud2020

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ended up deciding on the Black Diamond. My friend helped me work through the decision, "Just because you have bigger tires doesn't mean women are going to hop in and try to have sex with you."
giphy.gif

old goat

Big Bend
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
you sir are a genius , cancel order and go play the stock market and get rich

bgcfman

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Honda Accord, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Since I have all this time on my hands waiting for word that production has started, I am constantly looking at B&P thinking, maybe I should not get a BL and go with a loaded BD? Then I look at the price difference and break it down per year, per month, per day, and tell myself "wait a minute, a BL is only the cost of a cup of coffee each day! I can do that!"

Is that genius or what?
I went all in at the end. I had convinced myself I didn't need squelch, but my better senses came into play. BLsasLux,leather and a few more things. Leather for the Mrs. I want finance....if we have to finance something we don't buy it. It's great to be debt free!

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold 😥), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nothing about these Broncos is fiscally responsible lol

Sponsored

JDS

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TT Roadster, Reatta convertible.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Financing over the longest term possible is always the most financially responsible thing to do provided your interest rate is 0.00%

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Only if you fail to understand the qualifier "If you have the money"

Based on what I've observed from some of the people I know in debt, they never had the money or the means. It's up to the individual person to know what they can swing.

But then again I've also been called out on the forum for saying if a $500 deposit financially strains someone they need to reconsider a vehicle that starts at north of $30K.
yeah man. 100% agree.

I'm of the mindset if you can't put at least 20% down, you probably shouldn't be purchasing this vehicle/trim, whatever. Also, while I'm giving out free advice, lol, if you can't pay it off within 60 months, you also probably shouldn't be purchasing this vehicle/trim.

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Financing over the longest term possible is always the most financially responsible thing to do provided your interest rate is 0.00%
was that sarcasm? i hope?

that's not true at all. Cars lose value instantly, and depreciate more than probably any other commodity you own. Stretching out the term even at 0% interest just gets you underwater quicker.

Plus inflation. $1 in 2021 won't be worth the same in 2026 or '27 or whatever you're stretching that loan term to. So, you're actually paying more for it, even though you think you're not, because it's 0% interest.

Taco_Sexual

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Didn't Warren Buffet, for the longest time, own and drive a Honda? A lot of well-off individuals avoid new cars like the plague b/c there's zero financial sense to buying a new vehicle if your current one doesn't need replacing. If you're financially able to make the purchase without sacrificing basic needs and also still saving for the future then do what you wish - but make no mistake that buying a new car is never financially smart.

JDS

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TT Roadster, Reatta convertible.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
was that sarcasm? i hope?

that's not true at all. Cars lose value instantly, and depreciate more than probably any other commodity you own. Stretching out the term even at 0% interest just gets you underwater quicker.

Plus inflation. $1 in 2021 won't be worth the same in 2026 or '27 or whatever you're stretching that loan term to. So, you're actually paying more for it, even though you think you're not, because it's 0% interest.
I think you have that turned around. this is an expense
1) The price of the vehicle is valued in CY 2021 $. You are taking that price(lets assume you have 45k over 5 years ($750/mo). The payments are constant. They don't go up as inflation depresses the value of the dollar. Which means the 1/60th level set payment is worth less and less to the BANK accounting for inflation. As long as your revenue (wages) tracks with inflation, you win. Plus you could put the $45k into a very low interest bearing instrument and bend this equation in your favor even more.

2) The issue of depreciation happens no matter how you pay for the vehicle. If you paid cash, the value of your asset depreciates, you now have less. Same as you pay over time. That is a different kettle of fish entirely.
Sponsored