Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban, Tacoma, Patriot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since I have all this time on my hands waiting for word that production has started, I am constantly looking at B&P thinking, maybe I should not get a BL and go with a loaded BD? Then I look at the price difference and break it down per year, per month, per day, and tell myself "wait a minute, a BL is only the cost of a cup of coffee each day! I can do that!"

Is that genius or what?
Since you won't be getting the coffee, you won't be needing any extra cup-holders. That's a Win-Win!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Brongo

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
YYYEEAAHHH, we aren't in this vehicle for financial responsibility. I KNOW this isn't the smartest choice. A TON of other options out there would be smarter. But, we are a two income, no kid couple that are both making great money with even better future prospects. There won't be a better time! CWOKs for life! (that's Couples Without Kids)
Damn CWOKs. Always showing off. Us SWAFs (Suckers With A Family) have a thing called "responsibility". :cautious:

OP
OP
Brongo

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah. When I gave our group of friends this acronym, there were a couple people in the group without jobs, so... no double income from those couples. My lady was in school. AND CWOKS, sounds like EWOKS, and we are nerds.
Any chance a SWAF can still join your club?

Bigmoose

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Plus inflation. $1 in 2021 won't be worth the same in 2026 or '27 or whatever you're stretching that loan term to. So, you're actually paying more for it, even though you think you're not, because it's 0% interest.
Yeah but the loan is originated at a point in time and doesn't inflate. I'm not paying off 2027 dollars in 2027, I'm paying of 2021 dollars. If I borrow $10000 in 2021, my equivalent income in 2027 is higher from COLA/inflation adjustments, but that $10000 is still the same $10000. I'm no expert, just spit balling here. :Shrug

Andrew_EOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Any chance a SWAF can still join your club?
SURE!
IF you can swing random trips and getaways...
AND don't bring the crotch fruit.

We have former CWOKs that come with us sometimes... their responsibilities make them less fun than they were though!

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The financially responsible thing would be to buy a 93' Honda Accord and use some 2x4s and ubolts to mount it on a 80s f350 frame then mount 44" swampers on it! However we choose to enjoy life, so get what makes you happy. That is the genius move.
FIFY

OP
OP
Brongo

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah but the loan is originated at a point in time and doesn't inflate. I'm not paying off 2027 dollars in 2027, I'm paying of 2021 dollars. If I borrow $10000 in 2021, my equivalent income in 2027 is higher from COLA/inflation adjustments, but that $10000 is still the same $10000. I'm no expert, just spit balling here. :Shrug
Ford Bronco Is this financially irresponsible? giphy

Bud2020

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Damn CWOKs. Always showing off. Us SWAFs (Suckers With A Family) have a thing called "responsibility". :cautious:
CWOKs don’t understand what building a fireteam is all about. ;)

subshooter

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 911 and 2014 Boxster S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Since I have all this time on my hands waiting for word that production has started, I am constantly looking at B&P thinking, maybe I should not get a BL and go with a loaded BD? Then I look at the price difference and break it down per year, per month, per day, and tell myself "wait a minute, a BL is only the cost of a cup of coffee each day! I can do that!"

Is that genius or what?
In my view (and I am going to be in the extreme minority), if you have your house, retirement, and kid's college paid for and you are writing a check for your Bronco, you are not being irresponsible with money. Anything else, you are..... Just saying.

Happytown

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 Eco SCREW 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's funny you ask how responsible this is. Just this morning I'm tooling into work in my little 1989 Toyota Pickup that I bought exactly three years ago. Cost me $4,000, and I've driven it for 36 months. I'm sure I've spent around $500 in parts so far, so figure $125 per month so far, and that average just goes down the longer I drive it. The Badlands is going to be somewhere around $55K after financing. I'll need to drive it for nearly 37 years, before I can say it only cost me $125 per month (and that's not including replacement parts) , so I'm thinking I should just continue to drive well-used old beaters :ROFLMAO:
I did not want to acknowledge this reality.

Sponsored

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Is that genius or what?
Are you foregoing that daily cup of coffee over the life of your loan? Or, it really doesn’t matter because you are going to have your Badlands and drink your coffee too?

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Didn't Warren Buffet, for the longest time, own and drive a Honda? A lot of well-off individuals avoid new cars like the plague b/c there's zero financial sense to buying a new vehicle if your current one doesn't need replacing. If you're financially able to make the purchase without sacrificing basic needs and also still saving for the future then do what you wish - but make no mistake that buying a new car is never financially smart.
Warren Buffet "kind of" owns a Honda *dealership* since Berkshire Hathaway has a large dealership group and he's the #1 shareholder of BH. To my knowledge Warren himself has never owned a Honda. I know he had a brief dalliance with VW (Beetle) but other than that I think his cars have been mostly domestic. It was kind of a big deal when he traded in his Caddy DTS for an XTS, at the urging of Mary Barra, because he had his daughter do the deal fearing that as Warren Buffet he wouldn't get a good deal. :ROFLMAO:
I think before the DTS he used to drive an Olds.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When did you reserve?

If pre-August 17th - Absolutely, you should cancel.

If post August 17th - you’re good, buy away.

Also, I like this DINKs acronym and I’m stealing it. Nothing better than having freedom, money and a life.

JPMonahasn

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi and Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I came to the same conclusion. The price difference between what I wanted on the BD was close to the BL....actually $3200. Over the time that I plan to own it, that cost is minimal.
I say get what you want. You will have it for 10 years (At least I will) and you might as well not have any regrets. I went Wildtrak because it seemed the only way I was getting SAS in 21

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you downgrading options on the BL to get that difference? Same exact options from BD to BL is $5250 for me. 2 door?

This rationalization scheme would make an FE easily affordable, lol.
Yes, same options. I was building 4 door, 2.7l, squatch, mid package.
Sponsored