Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Since I have all this time on my hands waiting for word that production has started, I am constantly looking at B&P thinking, maybe I should not get a BL and go with a loaded BD? Then I look at the price difference and break it down per year, per month, per day, and tell myself "wait a minute, a BL is only the cost of a cup of coffee each day! I can do that!"

Is that genius or what?
Sponsored

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since I have all this time on my hands waiting for word that production has started, I am constantly looking at B&P thinking, maybe I should not get a BL and go with a loaded BD? Then I look at the price difference and break it down per year, per month, per day, and tell myself "wait a minute, a BL is only the cost of a cup of coffee each day! I can do that!"

Is that genius or what?
I came to the same conclusion. The price difference between what I wanted on the BD was close to the BL....actually $3200. Over the time that I plan to own it, that cost is minimal.

carrellslake

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is that genius or what?
I wouldn't look at buying a Bronco by its daily cost. That makes it too easy to spend too much. Look at the full price, including all taxes, fees, insurance, and interest on the loan. Is THAT number something you are comfortable with?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Brongo

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I came to the same conclusion. The price difference between what I wanted on the BD was close to the BL....actually $3200. Over the time that I plan to own it, that cost is minimal.
We are just a couple of Wolves of Wall Street aren't we? Glad I'm not the only one with this brilliant plan.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Is that genius or what?
I'm guessing coffee must be pretty expensive in NY? ☕☕☕:oops:

Edit: Ahh, now I see you were saying the *difference* between the BD and BL, not the total cost of the BL, LOL. Yeah, over 3 years that's a lot more reasonable cup of coffee (though since working from home for a few years now I've really been impressed with the quality of brew and simplicity of my Aeropress - not to mention way cheaper than the Starbucks in the lobby of my office building).

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You should see the excel sheet I designed to help me make sense of all this stuff. Taking into account MSRP, total price, interest rates, calculations for different down payments, adjustments per month from my salary, its ridiculous. Long story short the difference in price today long term is negligible as long as you can justify having it.

Sponsored

Andrew_EOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The financially responsible thing would be to buy a 93' Honda Accord... However we choose to enjoy life, so get what makes you happy. That is the genius move.
YYYEEAAHHH, we aren't in this vehicle for financial responsibility. I KNOW this isn't the smartest choice. A TON of other options out there would be smarter. But, we are a two income, no kid couple that are both making great money with even better future prospects. There won't be a better time! CWOKs for life! (that's Couples Without Kids)

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

This is totally irresponsible, and you should cancel an buy my used Rubicon for under half the price! ;)

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

keep in mind, vehicles have maintenance costs where coffee does not. a Bronco will be modded to some degree, coffee mods will cost a lot less.