Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We are just a couple of Wolves of Wall Street aren't we? Glad I'm not the only one with this brilliant plan.
My wife told me to get what I want, so I'm getting what I want knowing that I'm probably going to really pay for this decision when she buys her next vehicle.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Brongo

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Are you foregoing that daily cup of coffee over the life of your loan? Or, it really doesn’t matter because you are going to have your Badlands and drink your coffee too?
I'm thinking a large with two sugars over a 60 month term. Most likely that coffee will be had regardless.

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think, if you're pragmatic at all - unless you are a literal millionaire, the Bronco is fiscally irresponsible.

It's expensive, it gets awful MPG (theoretically) its not great at anything except for off roading.

and Imma still get one.

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ended up deciding on the Black Diamond. My friend helped me work through the decision, "Just because you have bigger tires doesn't mean women are going to hop in and try to have sex with you."
Maybe, maybe not. At my age, I'm running out of options.

deejaybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Since I have all this time on my hands waiting for word that production has started, I am constantly looking at B&P thinking, maybe I should not get a BL and go with a loaded BD? Then I look at the price difference and break it down per year, per month, per day, and tell myself "wait a minute, a BL is only the cost of a cup of coffee each day! I can do that!"

Is that genius or what?
Buy once, cry once 💀

Sponsored

merkelsjm

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A shitty WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is an emotional buy for me. I came to the conclusion early that I was going to get what I wanted, not what I needed, and needed to be OK with whatever that cost. But because I like numbers, I did notice what others are noticing - that once you start optioning up the different trims, the difference was marginal enough to just go for what my gut wanted to do to begin with.

TyFighter515

Big Bend
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Since I have all this time on my hands waiting for word that production has started, I am constantly looking at B&P thinking, maybe I should not get a BL and go with a loaded BD? Then I look at the price difference and break it down per year, per month, per day, and tell myself "wait a minute, a BL is only the cost of a cup of coffee each day! I can do that!"

Is that genius or what?
I’m about to use this logic with my wife. She’s the type that needs to have a Starbucks ‘coffee’ every day.

dominicenoa

Badlands
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ended up deciding on the Black Diamond. My friend helped me work through the decision, "Just because you have bigger tires doesn't mean women are going to hop in and try to have sex with you."
I went up to Badlands for two main reasons:

- I'm gonna spend the money on new wheels and bigger tires down the road anyway, that's most of the price difference right there, so I'd rather roll that into my financing then have to drop it all at once down the road.

- I want High package!

Of course, after going up to Badlands I absolutely had to get the upgraded Badlands wheels, so the price climbed a bit more, but oh well ¯\_ (ツ)_/¯

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The financially responsible thing would be to buy a 93' Honda Accord... However we choose to enjoy life, so get what makes you happy. That is the genius move.
To add to that you may pay that much up front but if the Bronco holds 1/2 its value after five years you spent $25K for five years for a fun driving experience.

Sponsored

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Is that genius or what?
What you focus on is where will the book value be with the Bronco in five years of ownership? If the vehicle holds half its value than it doesn't matter the extra optional add-ons. You pay the up front amount but after five years you drove the Bronco at $25K.

TCPR46

Black Diamond
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Are you downgrading options on the BL to get that difference? Same exact options from BD to BL is $5250 for me. 2 door?

This rationalization scheme would make an FE easily affordable, lol.
I have an order placed for a 2 door BD with minimal options (2.3L, manual, roof rails, tow package, advance 4x4).
After going to Moab and getting a chance to ride in 2 door with Sasquatch I had doubts about my order.

I want a manual, so going Sasquatch isn’t in the cards, so I thought about going to a BL to get the suspension, front locker, sway bar disconnect.
Unfortunately I couldn’t justify a $5,000 increase (and the possibility of running into delays from a more popular model/options).

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have an order placed for a 2 door BD with minimal options (2.3L, manual, roof rails, tow package, advance 4x4).
After going to Moab and getting a chance to ride in 2 door with Sasquatch I had doubts about my order.

I want a manual, so going Sasquatch isn’t in the cards, so I thought about going to a BL to get the suspension, front locker, sway bar disconnect.
Unfortunately I couldn’t justify a $5,000 increase (and the possibility of running into delays from a more popular model/options).
Your build is exactly what I started with. But I ended up $8K more ordering a BL because not only did I move up to the BL but it doesn't make sense to get the BL without taking advantage and getting the High package.

I still love the Steelies on the BD. Hoping that maybe someone in the aftermarket offers 17" x 8" steelies.