Sponsored

Is this normal on a vehicle with 350 miles?

Reach Beach

Big Bend
First Name
Jacques Merde
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
hello
I’ve tried calling ford about this concern and I’ve read about it on this forum as well as you tube videos. Ford customer service’s response has been “nothing to see here” move along and sorry the warranty doesn’t cover under vehicle rust.
My new 2022 bronco has 350 miles on it and it’s crazy that a company does not want to address this. I’ve been a 4 runner guy for last 20+ years. I currently have a 2014 4Runner with 165000 miles and there is zero rust on the drive shafts or undercarriage components.

Anyone have any solutions or tips I can go back to the dealer with to remedy?

66535F64-981B-4B0A-B98F-9D24158CA53B.jpeg

BEC3701B-8166-4DCE-9F34-67E501DE1B34.jpeg

573D3785-9543-401D-9A6F-174DD2DE09D6.jpeg

F7F22AEE-E070-4FDB-AC03-AECAF68DF931.jpeg

94F04CD3-B368-4F86-BC51-D41ED0AA95CD.jpeg

4FBB40A6-A470-45FA-AE9F-378E2730B52C.jpeg

A35D2649-65B6-47B4-8079-6B48F3C5663B.jpeg

54AEDB22-7D3A-472B-BE2D-95C05795CE7A.jpeg
Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For whatever reason Ford has been choosing not to paint certain driveline parts, on many models. not just Bronco. So while it's not preferable, it is "normal".

SZairborne

Big Bend
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge charger GT AWD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Corrosion Warranty
5 years (regardless of mileage)
Your vehicle’s body sheet metal panels or aluminum body panels are covered for an extended Corrosion Coverage Period. Coverage only applies if a body sheet metal panel becomes perforated due to corrosion during normal use due to a manufacturing defect in factory-supplied materials or factory workmanship. If aluminum body panels have corrosion or rust damage and the damage is not the result of abnormal usage, vehicle accident, customer actions or extreme environmental conditions, the corrosion or rust damage is covered for 5 years, unlimited miles.

For damage caused by airborne material (environmental fallout) where there is no factory-related defect involved and therefore no warranty – our policy is to provide free repair of paint damage due to the airborne material for 12 months or 12,000 miles, whichever occurs first.

For important warranty details and exclusions, contact your dealer or see your Warranty Guide.

Here is the warranty for Corrosion.

Saltlife4shore

Big Bend
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Unfortunately, yes. You could probably use some 1500 grit sand paper to clean off the surface rust and then spray it down with fluid film.

Sponsored

TABadlands

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT; 2022 Two Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unfortunately, yes. You could probably use some 1500 grit sand paper to clean off the surface rust and then spray it down with fluid film.
I'm going to spray fluid film on every piece of undercarriage bare metal as soon as I bring my Bronco home. Fluid film is great stuff!

Havoc1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 F250, 20 Accord Sport, 21 HD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

CPC type 2
Steel wool
Lint frees
Fluid film (Or paint, your choice)
Call it a day.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It is not just Ford that leaves moving parts of driveline unpainted. Think of a traditional rwd with a 6 foot driveshaft with a cv joint at front and a u joint at diff, they are spin balanced and weights welded on, now you want to add paint that throws off the balance.

You will also discover exhaust components with premature oxidation

Fluid film or equivalent will self balance by throwing off the excess.

However, rust showing up that quickly, while not a warranty issue indicates these parts sat outside between part production and vehicle production or were exposed to inclement conditions while being transported

Or sitting on dirt-ice-salt-mud mountain for who knows how long

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What is the best tools to use to clean the service rust up under the vehicle I’m going to go pick up some fluid film today and do under my bronco

Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How many cans of fluid film should I buy and what special tools will I need should I get brushes for the fluid film once it’s sprayed on the parts to move it around and coat it good

BroncoWTFAN

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MachE FE & BL SAS 22
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How many cans of fluid film should I buy and what special tools will I need should I get brushes for the fluid film once it’s sprayed on the parts to move it around and coat it good
While I wait and wait for a Bronco I used to FF my Wrangler every year since purchase. I would say 2 to 3 cans but it goes a long way so maybe less. I actually opted for the compressed sprayer as it's much easier to put on and maneuver. Only catch is that you need an air compressor for it.

https://www.fluid-film.com/products/fluid-film-spray-gun/

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

While I wait and wait for a Bronco I used to FF my Wrangler every year since purchase. I would say 2 to 3 cans but it goes a long way so maybe less. I actually opted for the compressed sprayer as it's much easier to put on and maneuver. Only catch is that you need an air compressor for it.

https://www.fluid-film.com/products/fluid-film-spray-gun/

Is the fluid film better than the pb blaster surface shield I’m leaning towards the fluid film

SasBLSven

Badlands
First Name
Steen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Where do you live? Does it sit outside? How long have you had it? You could put 350 miles on in one day or 3 ½ months. Are you close to salt water? If not, I would be concerned. This looks like more than surface rust, imo. I'm curious.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Where do you live? Does it sit outside? How long have you had it? You could put 350 miles on in one day or 3 ½ months. Are you close to salt water? If not, I would be concerned. This looks like more than surface rust, imo. I'm curious.
Live in south Jersey had it since dec 17 and it still looks pretty decent underneath with 2500 miles
Sponsored