Sponsored

Is this normal or is something going on with my order?

ieharris

Base
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco II, 1993 Lightning, 2020 F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I placed an order with a dealer for two Broncos for me and my wife in November 2021. I got Preview order sheets from the dealer for each Bronco. He told me everything was on order and there was nothing else I needed to do. I sent him an email in March 2022 to see what the status was and he said the system still shows two Broncos on order but not scheduled. He sent me preview order sheets again but the new sheets he sent to me hand different order codes, different price levels and different MSRPs. Is this normal or has the dealer ordered two more Broncos in my name and did something with the two originally ordered?

I attached part of the order for one of the Broncos. What do you think?

Ford Bronco Is this normal or is something going on with my order? 1661868632195
Ford Bronco Is this normal or is something going on with my order? 1661868479529
Sponsored

E. Davis

Big Bend
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Velocity Blue
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Looks fishy to me. Did the Sales Code change?

Edit: Actually i think the Sales Code may be the Dealership code, so probably didn't change if I'm not mistaken. The fact that you have a different order code seems fishy.

yabsquatch

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Customer name looks different on these. "E Harris" for the Nov 2021 order, and then ". Harris" for the March 2022 version.

Might want to check they pulled the right order... could be they have more than one person with last name Harris in their order list.

OP
OP

ieharris

Base
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looks fishy to me. Did the Sales Code change?
No, the sales code stayed the same. I only blocked it because I read somewhere that you can identify the dealer with the sales code. I dont want to cause problems for someone if everything is on the up and up.

OP
OP

ieharris

Base
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Customer name looks different on these. "E Harris" for the Nov 2021 order, and then ". Harris" for the March 2022 version.

Might want to check they pulled the right order... could be they have more than one person with last name Harris in their order list.
I just looked again and the first two orders say E Harris and A Harris and both of the second ones say .Harris. Every option on both orders is the same though and they are probably not typical orders.
Base with 2.7, automatic transmission, Sasquatch package, roof rails, brush guard, auxiliary switches, keyless entry, front floor liners, cargo area protector, front bumper HD modular.

Sponsored
OP
OP

ieharris

Base
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Your "Order Code" should never change - in upper right

Definitely a new order. Looks like dealer playing games

Ask dealer - "What happened to Order H130 ?"
That is what I was thinking too but wanted to see what others thought, or could verify, before I accused them of switching my orders.
I wrote an email and attached all 4 preview orders and asked that exact question but didnt hit send yet. Wanted to see what others thought first. It is looking like something shady is going on though.

Last edited:

Luckylat

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Expedition, 2013 VW Wagon, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have 3 different Order Summaries for small updates/corrections. The Order Code remained the same for all 3 updates. As with your experience, I have 3 different Price Levels based on the time of my updates. I believe these are Ford MFG price increases (levels 215/220/230). Your order should be price protected on the initial Order date/Price Schedule, as long as you did not make any significant changes to your orders.

OP
OP

ieharris

Base
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have 3 different Order Summaries for small updates/corrections. The Order Code remained the same for all 3 updates. As with your experience, I have 3 different Price Levels based on the time of my updates. I believe these are Ford MFG price increases (levels 215/220/230). Your order should be price protected on the initial Order date/Price Schedule, as long as you did not make any significant changes to your orders.
That would explain the Price Level. I have not made any changes to the orders since day one.

Bruzer22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You said you placed two orders. With the order sheets provided by the dealership, do you now have 4 unique order codes? If so, then yes, they are different orders.

The one thing we'd need to see is all 4 sheets (2 from November, 2 from March), otherwise, the two different order codes we see in the original post could be the two different order codes from the original orders.

OP
OP

ieharris

Base
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
You said you placed two orders. With the order sheets provided by the dealership, do you now have 4 unique order codes? If so, then yes, they are different orders.

The one thing we'd need to see is all 4 sheets (2 from November, 2 from March), otherwise, the two different order codes we see in the original post could be the two different order codes from the original orders.
Ford Bronco Is this normal or is something going on with my order? 1661870450892

Ford Bronco Is this normal or is something going on with my order? 1661870477432
Ford Bronco Is this normal or is something going on with my order? 1661870501816
Ford Bronco Is this normal or is something going on with my order? 1661870523997

Here is all 4.

Sponsored

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So the only other thing I can think of is when you placed your orders in November the order banks were closed. They may have placed new orders once the order banks opened?

Bruzer22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those are 4 unique orders. Something definitely happened. I'd ask someone at the dealership what happened to H223 and H876. As others have said, your order code does not change, so they should search for the order code, not for customer name.

So the only other thing I can think of is when you placed your orders in November the order banks were closed. They may have placed new orders once the order banks opened?
2022 order bank didn't close until 3/8/22.

N747JB

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’ll pile on, as a former Ford dealer, order or item numbers never change and I think you have to manually change the name. I’m guessing your original 2 are living with their new families, but I could be wrong!

OP
OP

ieharris

Base
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Those are 4 unique orders. Something definitely happened. I'd ask someone at the dealership what happened to H223 and H876. As others have said, your order code does not change, so they should search for the order code, not for customer name.

2022 order bank didn't close until 3/8/22.
I just sent the email asking the dealer what happened to H223 and H876 and I attached all of the Preview Orders. I will post what I get back from him.

OP
OP

ieharris

Base
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
email is great for paper trail

Also in person if possible, so you can move your questions to the Sales Mgr or New Car Mgr if the salesman starts double-talking
So I actually got a reply quicker than I thought I would. This is the email I got back. The signature in his email says he is the General Manager. I wonder why the General Manager is handling Bronco orders. He is the guy I have dealt with from the beginning.

Mr. Harris,
I understand this process has been frustrating and timelines seems to be very fluid but I can assure you all processes have been followed to get your Broncos to you at the agreed to price and as quickly as possible.

The “Order Summary Time of Preview” is simply the date and time I get in the system to pull the preview – today would show 8.30.2022. The price level on the unit does change as time passes but we will be sure to adjust it to fit when you ordered the vehicle, not when you receive it.

As far as the order numbers, yours are H125 and H130. We use an order company out of an abundance for caution and also because they help us navigate market demand, as well as order and commodity complexity when we order stock units. When I build the units in our dealer order system I use “dummy” order numbers that I know have not been used previously. When they finalize the order they use sequential order numbers. This is why you see the change in order numbers.

I’ve laid this out as best I know how. Please call if you would like more clarification.
Sponsored