Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been checking Copart from time to time and this is the first Bronco I have seen.
https://www.copart.com/lot/58429491/2021-ford-bronco-base-ma-north-boston

Obviously it is mislabeled as a Base. Just from the pictures, looks like fairly minor rear end damage to total a $50k vehicle. Maybe the frame is bent?

It will be interesting to see how much this sells for. I am guessing something in the $30k+ range
There are three at copart now - https://www.copart.com/lotSearchRes...false,"searchName":"","freeFormSearch":false}
Sponsored

TakeNoGuff

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Armada, Dodge Ram 2500 4x4, Soon Bronco BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would guess since it has a heavy rear bumper and the angle it was hit from, the heavy bumper pushed the frame enough to total it. Maybe both sides were bent.

OP
OP
BudgetBronco

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No way is a vehicle totaled by an insurance company going to fetch 30k
You'd be surprised! I have seen people pay waaaay more than that for salvage title cars on Copart. This one will go for $20k+ for certain, $25k+ likely, $30k maybe but depends on how bad the frame is

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I would not deal with it. Life is too short to be messing with bent metal when there are new ones waiting soon.

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
You'd be surprised! I have seen people pay waaaay more than that for salvage title cars on Copart. This one will go for $20k+ for certain, $25k+ likely, $30k maybe but depends on how bad the frame is
You could be right. I'm not paying much more than that for my base and that includes a few nice options.

Sponsored

BluebroncoNC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco & 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm going through this process now, though I was hit a bit harder in the rear. 40 mph while sitting in a turn lane. Rear ender, no the air bags do not deploy. Yes, the auto that hit me, a Camry, damaged the bumper, rear tale gate, 1 turn signal, rear floorboard is wrinkled and a back plastic piece is cracked, but most importantly, shoved the hitch assembly back 8 inches. That pulled the two main frame members in 6 inches. In NC you can not legally repair a frame, on a frame on vehicle. You have to replace the entire frame.

Oh, my truck is a 2021 Big Bend.

GBronco

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Two big factors impacting this right now…on one side as everyone is aware it the cost of used cars to forcing insurance companies to total less (collision business is booming). However the other side the insurance companies are looking at the ETAs for part availability for repairs vs loaner cost. A new model like this has no salvage parts available, nor any aftermarket collision parts yet. So on these brand new models the total out rate is much higher vs cars a few years old that repair rates are much higher on than in the past. It’s a crazy world out there right now.

BluebroncoNC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Two big factors impacting this right now…on one side as everyone is aware it the cost of used cars to forcing insurance companies to total less (collision business is booming). However the other side the insurance companies are looking at the ETAs for part availability for repairs vs loaner cost. A new model like this has no salvage parts available, nor any aftermarket collision parts yet. So on these brand new models the total out rate is much higher vs cars a few years old that repair rates are much higher on than in the past. It’s a crazy world out there right now.
Yes. Parts unavailable came up a few times in the body shop repair computer.

Btw: Current replacement parts costs OEM: Rear light assembly each... $1,500.00. Rear tire carrier, not the rear swing out door mind you, just the tire carrier... $1,500.00.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BudgetBronco

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes. Parts unavailable came up a few times in the body shop repair computer.

Btw: Current replacement parts costs OEM: Rear light assembly each... $1,500.00. Rear tire carrier, not the rear swing out door mind you, just the tire carrier... $1,500.00.
As is always the case, consumers will ultimately pay for this. I just got my annual auto policy renewal and they want to jack up my rates by 10%

GBronco

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With no aftermarket support or salvage vehicles these all become captive parts for Ford…pricing will reflect that until alternatives becomes available.

Sponsored

BluebroncoNC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The body shop that is holding the Bronco is telling the adjusters it is totalled. The wrinkled trunk requires a new full tub from Ford, currently unavailable, and a full frame, from Ford and currently unavailable.

I'm glad as I didn't wish to fight insurance companies over devaluation on a carfax frame damage report.

BluebroncoNC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a funny feeling in the not to distant future we will all be paying higher insurance rates on our Broncos. The AllState adjuster informed me due to incidences of rear floor repair needing an entire new tub, and every rear end accident of substance is bending the frame. All Broncos are being totalled. He told me, and it is true, "your truck looks fine with the exception of the trunk and tailgate and obviously the frame. Cosmetically it isn't all that bad.

Truck is totalled.

noliveaxle

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jku rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Installing the front license holder most likely put it over the limit.

5F174CF2-6CE9-400A-8D83-A0827FBE1466.png
Sponsored