Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Anyone a member to this site? I'm curious on membership cost but don't want to give all my info to find out.

OP
OP
BudgetBronco

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Anyone a member to this site? I'm curious on membership cost but don't want to give all my info to find out.
Until fairly recently, you could bid on cars (in certain states) without any membership fees. But they just changed that model, and now in order to bid you have to buy a 'basic' membership which costs $59 per year.

Parker

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gr Che Overland, Corvette, Tahoe, 46 Chevy 2ton
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The frame looks bent by the crooked trailer hitch .
You can see the imprint of the frame at the license plate. The soft top is way buckled - Bronco got shorter.

Parker

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ahh sorry @survivormanca I had not seen your prior post and I only searched forum for 'salvage'.
You are right, the second one you posted looks a lot worse.
Here is link to that one for anybody interested, as found by Survivormanca: https://www.copart.com/lot/56956301/2021-ford-bronco-base-pa-philadelphia-east-sublot

Given the low damage to value ratio on these, I think what others have pointed out is probably accurate. It is less about the cost to fix them that has caused the insurance company to auction them, and more likely the difficulty in getting the parts to do the job.
More likely it is owned by a Lawyer Heavy Leasing Company.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Until fairly recently, you could bid on cars (in certain states) without any membership fees. But they just changed that model, and now in order to bid you have to buy a 'basic' membership which costs $59 per year.
Thank you! That seems to be totatlly resonable if you are looking for a beater.

Parker

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Could you imagine if that damage pulled the rear soft top sides tight?
Nothing will fix the plastic side windows - plain matching twill might help - can't see out anyway.

Aaonter

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If that's all it takes to total one, that is not a good thing. If the frame is that fragile what will years of off roading do to it. It probably is totaled. A dealer would buy it and sell it for a big profit. Frame tweeked and body mounts shifted. Now, the Bronco Sport that fell off Black bear pass, that's beyond totaled.
Hard to say what hit him. It did also push in the tailgate and spare. Hard to say without the facts but it is a serious concern for sure. That hitch and frame should be super strong and cut into anything that hit it.

Parker

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not a scratch or paint on it. This must have gone off the edge and into some clay very, very hard. Could have been high speed reverse. It is not like a junk yard to clean things up. My guess is someone pays 10 to 20K too much for this. I think it is my exact 2022 build 'so I better watch out, shut off the internet. The frame may be beyond squaring up, and PA is very particular about such things before issuing reconstructed title - some states are looser. The frame is hit hard - see imprint on license plate frame and hitch, and not a scratch or scuffed spare tire. I think you would need a three inch driver side extension to put that new bumper on - no sweat getting bumper as people will be putting custom ones on as quickly as they come out.

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

with the steel rear bumper and the distortion of the trailer hitch, that one received a serious rear impact. chances are the geometry of the whole vehicle is way off. it might make a good off road only project, but for street and interstate use, it would be questionable at best. we only see the exterior damage, there is probably a lot underneath which is not seen. i bet someone could salvage a lot of this car and do some good upgrades to a base model.. maybe even some experimentation with a manual transmission on a v6...

Sponsored

BadBoyBroncoBilly

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E150 Adventure Van, Chevrolet Spark
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If my Badlands gets totaled with less then 300 miles. I would have to find away to sue the other guy because it's going to take 2 years for me to take delivery....

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Wonder how good the Bronco will do when they start testing it for the five star safety ratings? Now that will be interesting

Aaonter

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Wonder how good the Bronco will do when they start testing it for the five star safety ratings? Now that will be interesting
I am sure it should do well. Folding like that actually absorbs the energy. The only safety part that concerns me on the bronco is the roof. There is a reason almost every car that is a convertible has a structure over your head. There should be a cross bar reinforcing the roof and keeping rocks, trees jersey barriers, or anything that could crush your body under the car in the event of a roll over from happening. There is a serious intrusion risk. I am sure there will be some aftermarket bars.

Parker

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am not an expert on this but it does depend on from where you get hit and how much acceleration/deceleration results from it. A 15 mph head on collision will probably set off the front airbags, but 15 mph from the rear might not. The Supplemental Restraint System computers and sensors detect where the forces are coming from and deploys specific bags accordingly.
a hit to the rear on its own - reversing into a light pole - you are fully protected by the seat. It is well known that all airplanes should have passenger seats facing rear - like the cabin crew jump seats.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am sure it should do well. Folding like that actually absorbs the energy. The only safety part that concerns me on the bronco is the roof. There is a reason almost every car that is a convertible has a structure over your head. There should be a cross bar reinforcing the roof and keeping rocks, trees jersey barriers, or anything that could crush your body under the car in the event of a roll over from happening. There is a serious intrusion risk. I am sure there will be some aftermarket bars.
What are some of these you describe
Other than Jeep I’m drawing a blank
Sponsored