Sponsored

Is This What a 2.7 L Should Sound Like in Bronco?

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Two weeks old today, has sounded like this since Day 1 while idling at cold start and while idling after any length of drive, but it will quiet down after a few minutes of idling. 1,700 miles already so I’m passed the break-in period and curious if this is normal because of the turbos or perhaps something’s not right, like a belt or pulley or bearing that needs attention. Took it by the nearest dealer this morning (not where I bought it), and they said they couldn’t hear anything. Idk maybe this is what a 2.7 L Bronco is supposed to sound like?
Sounds horrible, I'll take it off you hands for 35k
Sponsored

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Thanks, I have not, maybe that’s just it. Is 226 degrees oil temp normal for a short drive around town, not towing or driving hard?

Seems high but I don’t know much.
Whoops just saw this massive oil problem, I can get you 32k....

enjoy the ride, your warranty has you covered and everything is normal including the oil temp.

Jimmyleetennessee

Badlands
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 ford f150 fx4 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Two weeks old today, has sounded like this since Day 1 while idling at cold start and while idling after any length of drive, but it will quiet down after a few minutes of idling. 1,700 miles already so I’m passed the break-in period and curious if this is normal because of the turbos or perhaps something’s not right, like a belt or pulley or bearing that needs attention. Took it by the nearest dealer this morning (not where I bought it), and they said they couldn’t hear anything. Idk maybe this is what a 2.7 L Bronco is supposed to sound like?

Had a similar noise, check pulleys. specifically the tensioner pulley on top, passenger side.

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine sounds the same until it drops out of warmup idle. I’m at 18,000 miles and it’s also sounded that way since day 1.
Sponsored