First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine does this on a cold start, goes away completely once warmed up. Just brought my vehicle in for my second oil change and mentioned it to the service tech, who instantly knew what I was talking about and said there was a "TSB" out for it with a repair kit. Soonest I could schedule the repair was April.

He also said don't lose sleep over it, it's a "potential fifth gear synchro" issue and will likely go a very long time before failure.

Point is- bring it up to your service dept. It's probably under warranty and probably needs to be fixed.
Sponsored

OP
OP
I3lackRose

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Mine does this on a cold start, goes away completely once warmed up. Just brought my vehicle in for my second oil change and mentioned it to the service tech, who instantly knew what I was talking about and said there was a "TSB" out for it with a repair kit. Soonest I could schedule the repair was April.

He also said don't lose sleep over it, it's a "potential fifth gear synchro" issue and will likely go a very long time before failure.

Point is- bring it up to your service dept. It's probably under warranty and probably needs to be fixed.
Get those repairs in as early as possible. All around it going to put pressure but also give Ford the opportunity to figure it out with more and more examples

Jeffp1108

Heritage
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

That people are incapable of using search engines effectively is not a supporting reason to spam topics when viable threads already exist. Hundreds if not thousands of B6g users have showcased the general populations inability to locate existing information for themselves.

People have been banned and threads taken down when they speak poorly of Ford, Bronco or track things such as engine failures, PTU catastrophic failures, dropped valves, etc. Surely you've been here long enough to have seen that(?).

It's okay if we disagree on the validity of spamming topics and pointless threads. Just don't get upset when it's pointed out to you as you have acted, repeatedly, in this thread.

BTW, bumping those threads brings them back to the top, THAT is how you keep a topic active. If it fades into history, it can be found via search.
Things like this make me wonder. Why come here to tell the OP he’s out of line making this thread….rather than just moving on and not coming to this one. It makes no sense to me. πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

OP
OP
I3lackRose

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Things like this make me wonder. Why come here to tell the OP he’s out of line making this thread….rather than just moving on and not coming to this one. It makes no sense to me. πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ
Think Mom said it best. If you have nothing nice to say then don't say anything at all.

There has been a lot of additional content added as well since and spreadsheet to help people document this. We need documentation!

Sponsored

Jeffp1108

Heritage
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Think Mom said it best. If you have nothing nice to say then don't say anything at all.

There has been a lot of additional content added as well since and spreadsheet to help people document this. We need documentation!
Yep. When it would be just as easy….no, EASIER to just walk on by.

Classic28

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I dropped mine off Sunday night for the dealer to look at it Monday morning. They didn’t get to it yesterday so I’m supposed to hear something this morning.

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone else with the TSB also getting additionally the Roller Bearing and Spacer Ring replaced?

I dropped mine off Jan 4 for TSB (and they already had TSB parts), but after teardown they are also replacing Roller Bearing and Spacer Ring. As of Feb 7, Spacer Ring has not arrived and still backordered. (spacer ring = MU7Z*7C419*A)

Classic28

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I dropped mine off Sunday night for the dealer to look at it Monday morning. They didn’t get to it yesterday so I’m supposed to hear something this morning.
Update on mine, picked it up this evening. Service writer said parts on back order and she’ll give me a call when they come in. Walked over to the cashier and she’s says it’ll be $268.19, I asked uh what’s the charge for? Got that straightened out and didn’t look at the invoice until I got home. Kinda surprised/annoyed that all they are ordering is the synchronizer rings when the tsb parts list has 30 part numbers.
Ford Bronco Is your 7MT manual transmission making grinding / scraping noise too? Spreadsheet, Video and all resources for rotational scraping noise in the 7MT's BC5C2343-DA1A-4DE3-BA2A-194656204CB3

Sponsored

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
β€”
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update on mine, picked it up this evening. Service writer said parts on back order and she’ll give me a call when they come in. Walked over to the cashier and she’s says it’ll be $268.19, I asked uh what’s the charge for? Got that straightened out and didn’t look at the invoice until I got home. Kinda surprised/annoyed that all they are ordering is the synchronizer rings when the tsb parts list has 30 part numbers.
Ford Bronco Is your 7MT manual transmission making grinding / scraping noise too? Spreadsheet, Video and all resources for rotational scraping noise in the 7MT's BC5C2343-DA1A-4DE3-BA2A-194656204CB3
They documented your symptoms incorrectly as well. I’d immediately cancel the work order due to incompetence and find a new dealership.

CarlSpackler

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just an update looks like out of the 4 TSBs that have been performed on user from this community they are all having the noise return. :mad:
So on one hand you’re telling people to get the TSB done ASAP, but on the other hand showing how the TSB is ineffective. Why ask people to get an ineffective TSB done? Seems like a waste of time to me.

For the record - I had the grind in neutral upon start up when I lived in a place that got below 50, albeit mild. Now that I live somewhere that doesn’t get that cold, I have it still, at 65 degrees, but only as I’m first creeping along in first and shifting into 2nd at 2000-2800 rpm. Goes away after about 4 miles at 62-65 degrees in the early AM.

OP
OP
I3lackRose

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So on one hand you’re telling people to get the TSB done ASAP, but on the other hand showing how the TSB is ineffective. Why ask people to get an ineffective TSB done? Seems like a waste of time to me.

For the record - I had the grind in neutral upon start up when I lived in a place that got below 50, albeit mild. Now that I live somewhere that doesn’t get that cold, I have it still, at 65 degrees, but only as I’m first creeping along in first and shifting into 2nd at 2000-2800 rpm. Goes away after about 4 miles at 62-65 degrees in the early AM.
If no one goes in to get the TSB and we don't have all cases being looked at by our dealers and everyone is just sitting on these bunk transmissions then how can the full scope of the problem even be seen? Yes get the TSB get that first repair in ASAP then FORD has 2 more attempts to fix it in a reasonable timeframe... This puts more pressure back on FORD this also forces them to retract and update that TSB that does not work.... We can't get helped if we aren't bringing the vehicles in to get it documented.

CarlSpackler

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If no one goes in to get the TSB and we don't have all cases being looked at by our dealers and everyone is just sitting on these bunk transmissions then how can the full scope of the problem even be seen? Yes get the TSB get that first repair in ASAP then FORD has 2 more attempts to fix it in a reasonable timeframe... This puts more pressure back on FORD this also forces them to retract and update that TSB that does not work.... We can't get helped if we aren't bringing the vehicles in to get it documented.
I guess I can understand that. It will be interesting to see if the worlds largest warranty pay-out company actually cares though. All they’re doing now is throwing some kibble on the floor like they’ve done in the past, hoping it gets eaten up.

Last edited: