First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
This was the first thing discussed at length last year, no amount of throw out bearing or full transmission replacements have fixed this. Would also not explain why putting pressure on the 5/6 gear synchros with clutch engaged would eliminate the sound
Thank you for spitting mad fire on my uneducated hypothesis, luv my 10spd slush box 🤙 best of luck to you all 🤞
Sponsored

OP
OP
I3lackRose

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This is what mine sounds like. In neutral, also while driving in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th.The noise goes away after about 20 mins or so once it warms up. I also want to point out that it shifts smoothly - Usually happens when the temperature is below 50 degress.
added this to the main page as additional examples

OP
OP
I3lackRose

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Kinda sounds like throw out bearing
That was the original fix/speculation recommended for a few but has proven not to solve the noise for the situations it was replaced.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 0ne
OP
OP
I3lackRose

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don't think anyone made one, but there are several individuals reporting people approaching them to tell them about the noise. I'm actually headed out of town so I can't make one ATM. Happy to add the link if someone does. Otherwise I can try once I return and get someone to record me.
Was able to make one this morning before I head off. This is 20ft away, i could have been 30 or maybe even 40ft and you'd hear somethings secondary to the engine idle. Also added this to main post.

Here

Save The Manuals

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Those who have initiated the TSB and are awaiting parts, did diagnosis involve tear down or just verification of the noise? Trying to understand what I'm getting myself into. Thank you!

Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Curious since I have a 7MT on order. Why has the issue presented it self now after 1 1/2 years of production? DId they switch to a new low cost supplier for some internal part along the way?

OP
OP
I3lackRose

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Those who have initiated the TSB and are awaiting parts, did diagnosis involve tear down or just verification of the noise? Trying to understand what I'm getting myself into. Thank you!
No one's been torn down. Just the handful who got tsb which is not many and not well documented just yet. {1 I know of} Check out the spreadsheet and throw your info in. So far we have gotten 0 Y on resolved and truthfully no one is confident that replacing 5&6th syncros prevents them from rubbing and causing more damage. Best action I would recommend get to the dealer. Get it documented. TSB we are all waiting on parts to get it done. Most being told mid fed-march

Last edited:

Save The Manuals

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No one's been torn down. Just the handful who got tsb which is not many and not well documented just yet. Check out the spreadsheet and throw your info in. So far we have gotten 0 Y on resolved as 2epl as no one is confident that replacing 5&6th syncros prevents them from rubbing and causing more damage. Best action I would recommend get to the dealer. Get it documented. TSB we are all waiting on parts to get it done. Most being told mid fed-march
much appreciated (y)

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm sure Ford supplier quality is all over them looking for answers and a fix.
LOL, my brother worked at Ford many moons ago, engineering management ... according to his stories ... you are stating that in the mildest possible terms.

When we discuss the various Bronco issues, he just gets all , "Oh, those poor suppliers, they're hating life right now."

LOL

foremi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, T1 V10, T7, YXZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
LOL, my brother worked at Ford many moons ago, engineering management ... according to his stories ... you are stating that in the mildest possible terms.

When we discuss the various Bronco issues, he just gets all , "Oh, those poor suppliers, they're hating life right now."

LOL
I’ve worked on both sides of that fence. Let’s just say automotive isn’t for everyone.

Sponsored
OP
OP
I3lackRose

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Curious since I have a 7MT on order. Why has the issue presented it self now after 1 1/2 years of production? DId they switch to a new low cost supplier for some internal part along the way?
No one knows. My thought it's winter. The first winter not many manuals out there and half probably ignored the noise. A year later year 2 now and way more out there and its winter and the sound is unmistakable for many of us.

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
—
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got my 7MT grinding and front diff leak inspected on the same day — to my knowledge they didn’t do anything other than a test drive and visual inspection to confirm my issues and ordered parts same day. The TSB itself describes the symptom as “grinding noise in neutral with clutch engaged, or while in 1st and 2nd gear while moving”

Would recommend leaving your truck over at the service department overnight before your appointment the next morning, and making the service advisor hear it first hand before handing the keys over.

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
—
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This issue was first reported by a few of us as early as January 2022, so it’s been about a full year since the first instances of it. I took delivery of my truck in December 2021, and the grinding seems to really pick up steam whenever it’s cold out. If it’s above 50F it’s almost not noticeable … almost.

OP
OP
I3lackRose

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This issue was first reported by a few of us as early as January 2022, so it’s been about a full year since the first instances of it. I took delivery of my truck in December 2021, and the grinding seems to really pick up steam whenever it’s cold out. If it’s above 50F it’s almost not noticeable … almost.
Same. Once it's warmer outside or I take an extended ride it seems to dramatically quiet down. Not entirely gone but not as obvious however it seems it still makes the noise in 1st and 2nd at really low speed regardless of temp. Kind of Erks me knowing this was a known issue and they took zero action until 12/13/2022eith the TSB. There are for sure a few hundred of us with the issue.

Fold

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Kia EV6, Mach E, Miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really appreciate the convenience and organization of this thread for tracking & diagnosing the issue. I picked up my Bronco in early October and live in SE Michigan, where it has been below 50 much of the time since I purchased. My Bronco definitely fits the criteria, but like many others, I did not think much of it as it has made the sound since I purchased it. My Bronco also has some unresolved issues with its hardtop, so it will be interesting to see how all this pans out.
Sponsored